New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 53,830 times)

LordCassusSnow

I'm well aware of the expanded universe. What i should have said was predator comics are called predator not yautja. So if there are more comics coming out focusing on the Engineers, they should be named so as there won't be anymore Prometheus movies. Only Alien ones.

Mike

It looks like that they are engineers dying on that field,which suggests a civil war between them. But there some things which interest me: what was the cause of the war,example,decadence and corruption after their golden age of their main civilisation or they created something which divided them such as humanoids,humans,xenomorphs,black goo or worse. It probably started with xeno then the rest of them gone wrong,I mean war, or vice-versa. For xenos,I mentioned before that they probably are not such young species but rather much older,maybe millions or one hundred thousand year old. What do you think about latter,guys?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Couple more I just saw shared on Twitter. Not sure who posted these ones but seems to be the same vantage point as the Daily Mail pictures, probably from the same set and source.

Here we go, they're from another Sydney paper: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/sydneys-west-hosts-alien-covenant-shoot-as-sir-ridley-scotts-vision-emerges/news-story/62d327cf48bd9b1639c6fe5f532eddb6

whiterabbit

Man I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far. The practical sets are so damn huge that it has to be done in the wide open for all tourist to photo.

DEAD engineers, EVERYWHERE. Now that is the stuff nightmare are made out of.

motherfather

Wow. Very scary. Like a futuristic pompeii.

LordCassusSnow

Yup, thats engineer writing on those stone walls. Compare em to the writings in Prometheus and bingo. And as to the lack of Shaw, well, either she and David 8 went their separate ways off screen or David 8 probably turned her into the mother of all xeno's which we'll see at the end of the movie.

CainsSon

Quote from: Mike on May 23, 2016, 01:28:07 AM
It looks like that they are engineers dying on that field,which suggests a civil war between them. But there some things which interest me: what was the cause of the war,example,decadence and corruption after their golden age of their main civilisation or they created something which divided them such as humanoids,humans,xenomorphs,black goo or worse. It probably started with xeno then the rest of them gone wrong,I mean war, or vice-versa. For xenos,I mentioned before that they probably are not such young species but rather much older,maybe millions or one hundred thousand year old. What do you think about latter,guys?

I'm pretty sure that in PARADISE LOST the war in Heaven/descent amongst the Angels, is started over God's love for Adam and Eve/humans.

Also of note:
"As a result of Adam and Eve's sin (eating the Forbidden Fruit), the gates of Hell are now wide open for Sin and Death (who are actual characters in this poem) to build a bridge from Hell to earth. Satan returns to Hell triumphant, but he and his angels are eventually turned into serpents as punishment for Satan's evil deed. "

Enoch

Serpents = Xenos  ;D :o

Expect a lot of symbolism from Covenant... and prepare for a good mystery-horror movie.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Enoch on May 23, 2016, 09:33:23 PM

Expect a lot of symbolism from Covenant... and prepare for a good mystery-horror movie.

Oh crap, isn't that what they're called in the AvP film and in the latest AvP game?

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 23, 2016, 09:53:22 PM

Oh crap, isn't that what they're called in the AvP film and in the latest AvP game?
God uses the black goo to punish Satan and his servant by turning them into xenos? Wow so the alien would literally be Satan. Man I like it better when they were simply just another beast trying to make it's way in the universe.

Enoch

Enoch

Man, these are just a metaphorical and symbolical references... Xeno is a metaphor of  creation made by those who thought that they are Gods (Satan thougt that he is better than God). Creations of those who want to top Gods creation will become a destroyers of their creators... Who made the Xenomorph? Probably those who wanted to top ultimate creator (fallen angels - just a reference), but you cant top that entity. Humans created David, but the paradox of that creation is that David could become superior to Humans... thats the trick with creation... to create doesnt mean you are God!!! But the nice question will remain, who is the ultimate creator? Life is born from death, death from life... where is God? God must be all that at the same time, and none of those things. Who is God? What is God? All things at the same time and none of them. "He" is not created, but "he" "created"... Knowledge/ IS GOD (logos)... Its not created but it "created all there is"... its not material, but can be "materialised"...it can be nothing, and everything at the same time. What is existance? Materialisation (projection) of non existance, materialisation of knowledge (all things have their mathematical/physical/chemical properties which are in their essence knowledge of something, and therefore non material things). Life and material things (a materialisation of existance/of knowledge) came from death/void/chaos (dematerialised existence----knowledge... its non existent and existent at the sam time), and death came from life. God is everything and nothing, knowledge is everything and nothing (a true/false illusion). But how can something non material become material? How can you make space, planets, Humans without elements such as Oxygen, Hydrogen, Carbon,...?  How can you have number 1 from zero (0); you can have 0 from 1 (when you introduce another number 1), but first option is not imaginable to us...? Imaginable... What if 0 and 1 are the same - what if they are both same becuse they represent the same thing - NOTHING AT ALL... (nihil fit ex nihilo)... "Out of nothing, nothing [be]comes." There is nothing... So duality of death and life is not at all "duality" but modality of the same thing. Good and bad are duality of the same thing (not duality at all)... Only sentient "creatures" percive things in a different way, they see some difference (because they observe only visible,sensible and measurable thing which are in fact not visible, sensible or measurable)... is there a difference? When you are born you see and feel  numerous different expiriances, objects, things... you sense, comperhend the world around you... but like numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4, ...... all those things: senses, expiriances, existance; they are all just a variations of the same number - 0 (ZERO). They came from nothing, and therefor all of them are also nothing. You dont need a cause for nonexistent thing! Its all just an illusion.

Philosophy is dangerous, and I am not good at philosophy but I wanted to explore one thing that Weyland said before he "died": "There is nothing", and then David said to him: "I know! Good journey mr. Weyland." David as a soulless machine can comperhend that there is no causality, reason, purpose, there is just this illusion... so things like immortality, life, death and God are not important at all, because they are all the same. We are in a loop of endless illusion. 

I dont want too much difficult philosophical questions in Prometheus... more mystery and horror please; and some sensible answers to numerous questions that Prometheus delightfully asked.

Space Invader

I think those are Engineers that got infected by the black liquid and are undergoing mutations. Perhaps they are climbing up the stairs to escape whatever it is that petrifies them.

windebieste

Yup.  Now yer talkin'.   

;D

Scott loves to load his SF movies up with symbolism and deeper inferences.  'Prometheus' is very heavily laden with such content.  It's just too bad the characters were lacking in order to accommodate the deeper themes the movie embraces.  By layering these movies, and I mean 'Prometheus' and 'ALIEN: Covenant',  with such rich symbology, Scott is making movies that need multiple viewings to fully comprehend the concealed content that we can currently only guess at.  Some people will fail in their appreciation of these movies simply because they can't get beyond the face value of what's projected on the screen when in actual fact, these movies appear to embrace deeper and more challenging existential content than such audiences are familiar with. 

Most of 'Prometheus' questions can be answered.  Sure, there's some that defy adequate explanation currently.  Nonetheless, its a safe bet that more than just a few questions that require more information - information that looks like we will start seeing in the next movie - is reasonably telegraphed by anyone who has paid attention to the movie in the first place.  What's more important is the level of symbology we are being exposed to.  For some audiences who are expecting simple space adventures they may want to take a good hard look at the rich textures that this fabric is being woven with. 

From what we are seeing now, particularly with these recent images and what has been revealed to date, literary, mythical and Biblical symbology is only going to continue and expand within this series.  There's a lot more going on here in these new movies than we have seen previously - more than meets the eye, that's for sure.

-Windebieste.

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 23, 2016, 09:53:22 PM

Don't forget "Fire Lizards" in Rage War.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Enoch on May 24, 2016, 02:09:55 AM
Man, these are just a metaphorical and symbolical references... Xeno is a metaphor of  creation made by those who thought that they are Gods (Satan thougt that he is better than God). Creations of those who want to top Gods creation will become a destroyers of their creators... Who made the Xenomorph? Probably those who wanted to top ultimate creator (fallen angels - just a reference), but you cant top that entity. Humans created David, but the paradox of that creation is that David could become superior to Humans... thats the trick with creation... to create doesnt mean you are God!!! But the nice question will remain, who is the ultimate creator? Life is born from death, death from life... where is God? God must be all that at the same time, and none of those things. Who is God? What is God? All things at the same time and none of them. "He" is not created, but "he" "created"... Knowledge/ IS GOD (logos)... Its not created but it "created all there is"... its not material, but can be "materialised"...it can be nothing, and everything at the same time. What is existance? Materialisation (projection) of non existance, materialisation of knowledge (all things have their mathematical/physical/chemical properties which are in their essence knowledge of something, and therefore non material things). Life and material things (a materialisation of existance/of knowledge) came from death/void/chaos (dematerialised existence----knowledge... its non existent and existent at the sam time), and death came from life. God is everything and nothing, knowledge is everything and nothing (a true/false illusion). But how can something non material become material? How can you make space, planets, Humans without elements such as Oxygen, Hydrogen, Carbon,...?  How can you have number 1 from zero (0); you can have 0 from 1 (when you introduce another number 1), but first option is not imaginable to us...? Imaginable... What if 0 and 1 are the same - what if they are both same becuse they represent the same thing - NOTHING AT ALL... (nihil fit ex nihilo)... "Out of nothing, nothing [be]comes." There is nothing... So duality of death and life is not at all "duality" but modality of the same thing. Good and bad are duality of the same thing (not duality at all)... Only sentient "creatures" percive things in a different way, they see some difference (because they observe only visible,sensible and measurable thing which are in fact not visible, sensible or measurable)... is there a difference? When you are born you see and feel  numerous different expiriances, objects, things... you sense, comperhend the world around you... but like numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4, ...... all those things: senses, expiriances, existance; they are all just a variations of the same number - 0 (ZERO). They came from nothing, and therefor all of them are also nothing. You dont need a cause for nonexistent thing! Its all just an illusion.

Philosophy is dangerous, and I am not good at philosophy but I wanted to explore one thing that Weyland said before he "died": "There is nothing", and then David said to him: "I know! Good journey mr. Weyland." David as a soulless machine can comperhend that there is no causality, reason, purpose, there is just this illusion... so things like immortality, life, death and God are not important at all, because they are all the same. We are in a loop of endless illusion. 

I dont want too much difficult philosophical questions in Prometheus... more mystery and horror please; and some sensible answers to numerous questions that Prometheus delightfully asked.

Whoa...

I've read somewhere recently that there is this idea that the fundamental building block of our reality is the "bit".  It is not a unit of matter as we perceive it, but a unit of "information".  You are able to touch things and they appear real, because you are inside this information model.  Much like when you are in a video gamy you can reach out and touch the things around you "in-game" even though they are in fact not real.  They are only information or an idea.  We are an idea by extension.

In some ways, this is a comforting thought.  According to the bible, in the beginning, there was the word.  The word is an idea...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed