New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 54,021 times)

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 20, 2016, 04:50:07 PM
What is interesting is that all of this was built at a quarry in Sydney instead of inside a more secure soundstage. Which might mean that everything will be set on fire - a huge blaze of epic proportions.

Probably. Very good thinking! ;D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darkness on May 20, 2016, 02:17:58 PMAre those actual bodies? They look like statues.

The original husks at Pompeii were very fragile so they filled them with plaster. So it's a plaster cast of a real dead body.

Jonny B

...er, is this suddenly looking very good!!! ;D

LordCassusSnow

Well Ridley did say David was going to be the lucifer figure right? If he and Shaw touched down on the engineer homeworld, head attatched, on a juggernaut warship full of bio accelerent, which was made offworld for good reason, David could see the chance of playing god himself by testing the black goo on the engineer race like he did with Halloway. If my theory on the engineer schism is correct, this will spell a horrible doom for the " good engineers" who allowed our existence to flourish. Hence why they never came back after 2000 years. Also, as evidence in a deleted scene from Prometheus, the Engineers seem to be much more formidable than us. If a flame weapon(possibly one similar to fire and stone?)were used here to stop infected members of the engineer race, perhaps the missing xeno husks are results of them being more vulnerable to fire, leaving no visible trace.

Stolen

Wait a minute and imagine the explorers progress in these grandiose scenery!

Corporal Hicks

Still holding out hope for more Giger-esque scenery though!

Enoch

Quote from: Stolen on May 20, 2016, 06:57:03 PM

Appropriate music for such scene :laugh::
https://youtu.be/mUSGHMX9UaY?t=2m24s

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:00:32 PM

I think we ll see Giger-esque sets too... I have a strong hunch about that this time.

NickisSmart

Seeing those trees, I immediately thought of the Rush song, Trees.

"There is trouble in the forest..."

It'd be perfect, and knowing Ridley's musical choices lately he might even think about something like that (maybe during the credits roll).

Stolen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:00:32 PM

Certainly in the temple. But it's good to see new things, it's already moving away from the usual aesthetics of the saga and that's fine !

Quote from: Enoch on May 20, 2016, 07:01:21 PM
Appropriate music for such scene :laugh::
https://youtu.be/mUSGHMX9UaY?t=2m24s

Beautiful !!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on May 20, 2016, 07:05:41 PM
Certainly in the temple. But it's good to see new things, it's already moving away from the usual aesthetics of the saga and that's fine !

I have no issue with doing new stuff! Just hoping to see the one real expectation/hope I have for this movie met.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stolen on May 20, 2016, 06:57:03 PM

Omg, those trees must have been thousands of years old.  I can't believe they cut them down!   ;D

Enoch

Who cut the trees ??? ;D

Gate

I don't see why the corpses aren't human. They actually look very Ancient Mediterranean. I'll bet my bottom dollar its a prologue scene revealing exactly what went wrong with the relation between the Engineers and Humans.

CainsSon

Quote from: Gate on May 20, 2016, 07:25:34 PM
I don't see why the corpses aren't human. They actually look very Ancient Mediterranean. I'll bet my bottom dollar its a prologue scene revealing exactly what went wrong with the relation between the Engineers and Humans.

Another possibility is that there is a larger colony on board the ship and the cast we know of represent the leads only or dept heads of the Covenant crew... And that these figures are actually the fate of the colony the covenant was carrying. Maybe they are to remain in stasis while the actors/leads set up the colony and they get infected when they are woken up or even before by David or something.

I think I am officially excited about the content of this movie.

Immortan Jonesy

I wonder what kind weapon ?

nuclear or biological?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed