How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 18, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

Author
How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity (Read 41,808 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 29, 2016, 04:10:27 PM
I don't remember the strause bro's ever saying anything about O.W.L.F. in Avp-R. However, i do remember they were in talks to make Garber the colonel but they couldn't get Adam Baldwin to do it

Also, the Avp movies will never be canon just like Colonial Marines will never be canon. Whoever is saying that obviously doesn't know about the new info regarding Michael Bishop from the Weyland Yutani Report. Now If they mean their allowed to take certain elements from Avp like Preds teaching us to build pyramids or using the young queen from Avp-R then i'd have no problem with that. I myself treat the preds we see in Avp as an older generation of Predators whose armor and tech have advanced to what we see on newer yautja today. Neca's bio's for the Avp preds also help in that regard. For example, the Temple Guard predator's role in yautja society is exactly the same as the Enforcer Predators role. The Enforcer could be the future Temple Guard.

What is this new info about Michael Bishop?

LordCassusSnow

Kaltes

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Predator 2 being acknowledged...since it never really has been aside from a few homages view Predator weapons.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 30, 2016, 05:14:28 PM
That he's a man, man! :o

Oh!

So when he yelled at Ripley, he was telling the truth afterall.  :P

Nahuel

Predators is not cannon, lol, is a bad movie, i dont expect much from this one either, IM3 was terrible

Corporal Hicks

Can't say I agree on either of those but nice to see the optimism!  :laugh:

Quote from: Kaltes on May 30, 2016, 05:32:12 PM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Predator 2 being acknowledged...since it never really has been aside from a few homages view Predator weapons.

What kind of acknowledgement would you be interested in?

Kaltes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 31, 2016, 07:42:45 AM
Quote from: Kaltes on May 30, 2016, 05:32:12 PM

What kind of acknowledgement would you be interested in?

Well, the movie has been hinted to be a detective story of sorts, which was the route the second movie followed to an extent. I'd at least like to see a character mention the events of what occurred, sort of like in Predators where Isabel gives a brief explanation of the Predator and what happened in South America. Truthfully I've always found it strange that Predator 2 gets little mention.

TheShadowedOne1

Okay, I don't understand. He said he's changing the Predator design like a reboot of the entire franchise and now he says that the Predator, Predator 2, and Predators are all canon in this universe. So is this film a sequel to those films or not? Is the Predator design that we all know and love by Stan Winston still going to be the same? God, I hate this man.

Master

It is sequel. The design will be changed as it was earlier. As it always is. I much prefere new take, then filed attempt like Classic from Ps.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheShadowedOne1 on Jun 15, 2016, 04:04:24 AM
Okay, I don't understand. He said he's changing the Predator design like a reboot of the entire franchise and now he says that the Predator, Predator 2, and Predators are all canon in this universe. So is this film a sequel to those films or not? Is the Predator design that we all know and love by Stan Winston still going to be the same? God, I hate this man.

He hasn't said he's rebooting the franchise. The very second report that came out about the film was a clarification that the film was a sequel, not a reboot. He also said he's not looking to just arbitrarily change the design of the Predator itself. There's no reason to panic.

overthere

TheShadowedOne1 is a victim of these constant clickbait articles that still keep referring to The Predator as a reboot.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: overthere on Jun 15, 2016, 08:56:26 AM
TheShadowedOne1 is a victim of these constant clickbait articles that still keep referring to The Predator as a reboot.

He is not totally wrong, the more we get new infos the more it looks like a reboot disguised as a sequel.
We'll see, the lead actor will be crucial.

Kaltes

I thought it was made quite clear it's a sequel, but I guess people being worried about it being a reboot kinda makes sense, given so many sequels today feel more like reboots.

Corporal Hicks

It is clearly a sequel. I'm not sure how much clearer Black could make it.

EJA

One way it could follow up on the first movie is a return to the first one's setting, Val Verde, maybe involving the jungle hunter's dropship finally being found. The fact it's shooting in Vancouver doesn't really support this though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed