How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 18, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

Author
How The Predator Will Solidify The Series' Complicated Continuity (Read 41,790 times)

RakaiThwei

Apparently, this film WILL be counting Predator 2 and PREDATORS.... And apparently this re-assigns PREDATORS somehow... in other words... this ISN'T Predator 4.. it's Predator 3. In other words.. PREDATORS didn't HAPPEN YET.

Kaltes

Honestly I never the thought the Predator continuity was overly complicated at all actually, but this news of how this new film will fit in does intrigue me greatly.

RakaiThwei

But wasn't PREDATORS set in 2010? How is that now the fourth film if this new film, now assigned as the third... set in 2018?

Corporal Hicks

I think he things Predators was set further in the future than it was.

Keyes

Yeah I think he's just mistaken in thinking Predators was set further in the future than it was. No biggie.

Corporal Hicks

Without directly referencing the events of the film, I doubt there'd be much in the way of being able to just connect them up anyway. I don't think OWLF or whoever would be in a position to determine that people were being kidnapped and spirited away for competition on another planet. Maybe kidnapped, but not the specifics.

Xenomorphine

It's a strange assumption. Why would he think it was set in the future? They reference Iraq, for one.

Little Jimmy

The year that "Predators" was set in was never actually specified in the movie. So maybe Shane Black is retroactively pushing the events of "Predators" further into the future.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2016, 09:27:22 AM
Without directly referencing the events of the film, I doubt there'd be much in the way of being able to just connect them up anyway. I don't think OWLF or whoever would be in a position to determine that people were being kidnapped and spirited away for competition on another planet. Maybe kidnapped, but not the specifics.
Maybe I'm just out of the loop on Predator stuff, but what's OWLF?

Xenomorphine

Allegedly, the team from the second film who was attempting to catch the creatures. It seems weird to name yourself what you're calling the ET in question, though.

DaddyYautja

So THE Predator is Pred 3 and Preds is now 4.

Maybe he can retcon the Super Black Preds, or whatever they are called, into some interesting thing.

Like, the Super Pred are...... HALF ENGINEERS!

acrediblesource

i think he doesnt know what the hell he's doing and hes sugar coat his ignorance on how to make this movie good.
Considering that an 'event' movie sort of almost never happens uness they put money into movie movie itself. Avatar is an event for obvious reasons. The Badadook, was not.

Whiskeybrewer

Since Predators setting in time isnt specified, it could work with it being maybe 2 or 3 years after The Predator, if that is what Black is planning.

Maybe the next Predator film (Number 5, if it gets made of course lol) will make it clearer

LordCassusSnow

I never liked the nickname Super Predators. I always called them Berserkers as theres nothing super about them. Totally excited for this movie now that Black isn't pulling a Blomkamp. I wonder what he'll use from Predator to jump start The Predator? Maybe the russians were up to something involving Yautja? Maybe Hopper was really dealing with preds when his chopper was brought down? Maybe Billy survived as we never really see him get killed? I'd love it if we got easter eggs from other movies in The Predator. OWLF would be a nice little easter egg as well as seeing Royce or one of the characters from Predators since that now takes place later. Speaking of which, its quite possible Predators is even farther in the future. The berserkers could have simply thrown humans in some sort of hyper sleep chambers until they were ready to be hunted. It would explain why the very old katana's that were found were still sharp enough to cut through a Yautja.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 28, 2016, 12:58:16 PM
Allegedly, the team from the second film who was attempting to catch the creatures. It seems weird to name yourself what you're calling the ET in question, though.
"Other World Life Form"? That's, uh, that's a little weird. Is there a source for that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed