Michael Fassbender Talks Working On Alien: Covenant - "It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements"

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2016, 05:31:26 AM

Author
Michael Fassbender Talks Working On Alien: Covenant - "It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements" (Read 41,360 times)

Perfect-Organism

I'm increasingly getting this sinking feeling that David will create the Aliens..

Stolen

Ok the Prometheus ship was modern, but the art direction was fantastic and the sets f**king real. It was refreshing while not betraying the spirit of the saga. The only useless thing is hologram.

Fassbender is very excited by this new project! as a kid!

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 19, 2016, 06:08:06 PM
I'm increasingly getting this sinking feeling that David will create the Aliens..

I dont think so... ;)

Corporal Hicks

I think he might be referring to his awesome biomechanical body! (he says, hoping!)

NickisSmart

If he's a synthetic, maybe he could survive the process and Shaw doesn't?

Corporal Hicks

CainsSon

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 19, 2016, 08:39:36 PM
If he's a synthetic, maybe he could survive the process and Shaw doesn't?

Maybe he uses the black goo to fuse his head with Shaw's body.

Corporal Hicks

I was going to say that we don't know if the goo would have any effect on David as Fire and Stone comics consider it some sort of genetic accelerant, in which case it wouldn't have any effect on David but then I remembered Ridley has no obligation to staying with that. Though, considering the comics had to be reworked because of what they were doing with Prometheus 2 would mean that they might have a decent inkling of Scott's intent so perhaps that will be consistent.

Regardless, I really can't wait to see just what design they come up with for David's new body. I really hope it's a really visually piece of Engineer engineering.

Hails2theTails

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 19, 2016, 08:55:34 PM
What process? Of using black goo?

Yeah. It is a process. It certainly didn't do Fifield Rocklover any favors, but Fassy might just be able to endure it, because, well, he's an android, and doesn't have a soul; perhaps the latter element, thought slightly tongue-in-cheek, could mean he's unable to be corrupted like reprobate men are, symbolically-speaking.

CainsSon

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 20, 2016, 07:06:54 PM

Yeah. It is a process. It certainly didn't do Fifield Rocklover any favors, but Fassy might just be able to endure it, because, well, he's an android, and doesn't have a soul; perhaps the latter element, thought slightly tongue-in-cheek, could mean he's unable to be corrupted like reprobate men are, symbolically-speaking.
I think its an interesting thing to explore - the black goo's affects on an android - i just think it needs to be part of something larger and based ok the images leaked today, if it happens it would be part of somethjng larger.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on May 20, 2016, 07:55:38 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on May 20, 2016, 07:06:54 PM

I think its an interesting thing to explore - the black goo's affects on an android - i just think it needs to be part of something larger and based ok the images leaked today, if it happens it would be part of somethjng larger.

Well, in some of the Rage War novels, you have Alien organic devices modifying entire ships, so who knows what the goo is capable of?

Astronoë

Quote from: Stolen on May 19, 2016, 06:15:31 PM
Ok the Prometheus ship was modern, but the art direction was fantastic and the sets f**king real. It was refreshing while not betraying the spirit of the saga. The only useless thing is hologram.

Fassbender is very excited by this new project! as a kid!

dafuq? That was the best part of the movie, lol! In 3D it looked spectacular!

Stolen

I was talking about this

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Astronoë on May 21, 2016, 07:23:50 AM
That was the best part of the movie, lol! In 3D it looked spectacular!

Easily one of my favourite visual scenes in the entire series. Just out of the sheer majesty and beauty of it.

Quote from: Stolen on May 21, 2016, 07:35:27 AM
I was talking about this

I think that was probably the single most intrusive thing in terms of technology.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed