Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 108,303 times)

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Your welcome guys ;)

Btw, is that a moon in the scene where we see the horizon and makeshift crucifix? Its gotta be right?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SM on May 19, 2016, 12:02:36 AM
Indigenous life on the wind-swept planet is extremely
limited. Plant life consists of algae, moss, and a primitive
type of salt grass. The acidic oceans support plankton and a
few rudimentary fishlike species; on land, there are insects
and arthropods. One of these arthropods—an ectoparasite
similar to pediculus humanus capitis (head lice) but
extremely resistant to treatment—is carnivorous and is
drawn to the keratin found in mammalian hair. Inhabitants of
Fiorina 161 were forced to continually shave all body hair.

WYR - pp129

Thanks for sharing that, SM, that was really interesting.

SM

No worries.

It probably a moon when the suns are setting.  Might be a mountain, though nothing that big can be seen when the EEV is crashing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on May 18, 2016, 11:29:25 PM
QuoteWhere was that stated? I'm curious.

Nowhere specifically from memory.  Though they do seem to have a marked lack of airlocks.

The history of the facility is covered quite deeply in ADF's Alien 3 novelization. I have vague memories of them talking about the discovery/habitability of the planet in there.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the novel says much the same as the W-Y Report. The presence of several native species implies it was habitable long before humans got there.

Corporal Hicks

Some details from Tim Lebbon via his Facebook: "I'm in this, writing about the mighty Colonial Marines and aliens that *aren't* xenomorphs (after 4 books, I thought I'd done those sweet critters enough ...)."

HuDaFuK

Excellent news. So glad it's going to feature stories that don't involve the Xenomorph.

426Buddy

I was wrong lol.  :P

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 11:45:22 AM
Some details from Tim Lebbon via his Facebook: "I'm in this, writing about the mighty Colonial Marines and aliens that *aren't* xenomorphs (after 4 books, I thought I'd done those sweet critters enough ...)."

YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

LordCassusSnow

Speaking of Fury 161, I've just had a preview of Aliens Defiance number 2 and the beach from the opening scene of Alien 3 with the giant cranes is seen in the background of a colonial marines battle. Possibly quelling some kind of massive prisoner uprising?

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 21, 2016, 09:05:59 PM

YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENING!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 22, 2016, 01:48:45 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 21, 2016, 09:05:59 PM

YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENING!

LITERALLY MAN!

It might be some kind of new alien beast.

Or it could be an technological and intelligent alien race that is hostile, just like River of Pain and Incursion mentioned in one lines. Finally those one lines may be turned into a story!

Maybe even Arcturians show up finally. After so many mentions and that "there are plans for them" hint.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 22, 2016, 12:26:00 AMSpeaking of Fury 161, I've just had a preview of Aliens Defiance number 2 and the beach from the opening scene of Alien 3 with the giant cranes is seen in the background of a colonial marines battle. Possibly quelling some kind of massive prisoner uprising?

The kinda of firepower on display in that scene makes it pretty obvious they aren't fighting prisoners who don't even have access to firearms.

Nothing to say it's not some other random planet simply inspired by the look of Fury.

SM

Cranes are obviously inspired by Fiorina.  Of course this is set over 40 years earlier.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Bug Hunt is available for pre-order on Amazon, with a release date of April 18, 2017! 18 stories, 368 pages, for a $9.14 price tag.

QuoteEighteen brand new stories—exclusive to this collection—featuring the Colonial Marines in bloody conflict with the deadly Aliens. ALIENS: BUG HUNT will send the marines into deep space, to alien worlds, to derelict space settlements, and into the nests of the universe's most dangerous monsters.

https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Bug-Hunt-Jonathan-Maberry/dp/1785654446

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed