Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 107,870 times)

Xenomrph

So here's what I asked Titan:

QuoteHello, I had heard that the 'Aliens: Bug Hunt' anthology had gotten a revised reprint, is this accurate? And if so, how do I know which version I'm buying if I order from, say, Amazon.com?

They finally got back to me:

QuoteHi Damon, sorry for the slow reply. This book was indeed slightly revised at reprint, unfortunately if you are ordering online there is no way to check if this is new or old stock. If you are able to buy in your local bookshop you could check the imprint page to see what edition it is.

I asked another question but haven't heard back yet:

QuoteAwesome, thank you! Do you know exactly what got changed?

HuDaFuK

On the subject of changes, I had a look for a copy of this while book shopping at the weekend, but they didn't have it in.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm going to stop by a local Barnes & Noble today and see if they've got the revised edition.

No luck at B&N; all they had was the first edition, and they called up two other stores and they only had the first edition as well.

I did ask Titan if the ebook version got revised, and it did.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Would existing purchases of that ebook have been updated too?

That's a no to the above.

Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2019, 09:28:47 AM

Like someone's file being remotely edited you mean? Creepy.  :o

Corporal Hicks

Nah, I mean like redownloading it.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2019, 09:28:47 AM

What do you mean?

I've had ebooks get revised on my kindle all the time, I'd be really surprised if people who bought Bug Hunt at release didn't get a digital update when the second edition came out, since the current ebook version includes the changes from the new printing.

Corporal Hicks

I just checked and the error was still there for me.

Xenomrph

Huh, interesting. I'm tempted to buy the ebook myself since I can't find the second edition in print anywhere so far, if I do then I can check for the error (under the assumption that what I buy is the revised edition).

Hudson

I don't think the lack of error is going to make it a better story though...

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 08:44:39 PM
It must do better in the telling over the reading.

I think it does. For me anyhow since I've almost always slept with some music on or something.Turn off the lights, listen to a chapter or 2, add the auto shut off at 30-45 mins, usually I'm so tired i'll be asleep after 10 mins. If the story is VERY interesting I'll last at least 30 minutes. Every night's a small struggle to find the spot I fell asleep at. I'll go through an audiobook in about a month lol, others like the Cold Forge in a week. Anyhow, no lights, voice over telling you the story seems better to me. A tad more immersive. Funner.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 15, 2019, 11:21:57 PM
We don't need the knowing, we can live here.
:laugh:

HuDaFuK

Found a copy of this in a bookstore over the weekend. Still had the errors in the Burke story, but admittedly I couldn't see anything about it being a second edition in the publishing blurb.

razeak

I just finished Exterminators. That is some of the laziest writing I've ever read in my life.

I also wish writers in print and film would get over repeating dialog from movies. The bit about the gas lines almost made me quit. The characterizations were absurd. I'm sure I read the same quality work in creative writing assignments in the 8th grade.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, emulating the most popular entry with no depth is never a good choice.

Katanu

Decided to give this one a shot, besides it not being very popular.
Found a good deal on it and the book arrived today, hope it's entertaining at the very least,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed