20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

Author
20th Century Fox Teases Alien: Covenant Patch! (Read 29,677 times)

Enoch

Enoch

Ridley pursued those questions about Christ but he realized that all those questions are irrelevant because he imposed even greater questions (about ultimate creator) and I presume Covenant will try to give some answers! One thing is certan: Engineers are not GODS and they are not creators of Xeno. Humans have same DNA code as Engineers which only suggest that they probably did create humans but their causes remain mystery. Who or what is above them in genesis hierarchy?? Is that something benevolent or not?

I found that Ridley used symbols of Saturn in all patches in Alien and in Prometheus! Symbolic meaning of Saturn (god) could very well have some impact of overall story!

RabidNinja

Im not quite understanding why Ridley decided to add a more religious influence to the universe  ??? I mean, At what point was it being shoved in our faces in the original films prior to Prometheus? I mean, the idea of Jesus being an engineer is a little far-fetched, but I understand he wants to tell an origin story and fulfill everyone's burning desires. I personally don't see it working as well as he hopes.

We wanted an alien origin story and how the engineers crashed on LV-426, NOT a dragged out evolution-based hype train and a planet designated 223, HALF the numbers of 426 (Uhoh! bible reference!) and "nods" to his work back in '79 as an excuse to flesh out a mishandled design (Engineer chair had RIBS! a natural fossilized HUGE corpse in the chair!) and make it out as something entirely different.

I guess I'm still seething over the fact that he MADE Alien 5 get put on hold, but had prometheus been a little less forceful on the religious aspect and pointless execution of storyline, I might of enjoyed it. I'll give Covenant a watch when it comes out, but in reality im expecting another pointless, dragged out notion of unanswered questions that we'll partly get the answer to 5 sequels down the line.

oduodu

oduodu

The Jesus thing was just a remnant of the Spaihts draft.

windebieste

Sure, but don't forget the pyramid concept was a remnant of an early 'ALIEN' script.  It got used in 'Prometheus'.

This is a fine example of how Scott will revisit previously discarded ideas if he sees fit.

If he decides that Jesus was an Engineer - or was created by them - then he's still in the position to go down that path should he choose to do so.

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 28, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
Ridley pursued those questions about Christ but he realized that all those questions are irrelevant because he imposed even greater questions (about ultimate creator)

He didn't pursue the Jesus link because it was a smelly idea! And I hope to god (haha) he still thinks the same.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The more I read about the Jesus theory the more I really think Scott screwed up the David meets Engineer scene. The Engineer should have bitched slapped Davids head off instead. Jesus Christ: Righteous Bitch Slap.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 28, 2016, 11:58:44 PMSure, but don't forget the pyramid concept was a remnant of an early 'ALIEN' script.  It got used in 'Prometheus'.

This is a fine example of how Scott will revisit previously discarded ideas if he sees fit.

The Prometheus bridge was also arguably based on an early discarded idea for the Nostromo's bridge.

NickisSmart

Pretty sure you can see the double bridge in Ron Cobb's concept art.

LordCassusSnow

Hicks, i'm 99% positive theres a ringed planet displayed on the upper right corner of the patch. As for christ being an engineer, well, it's too coincidental that the outbreak on LV-223 just happened to occur at around the same time if not after christ's crucifixion as presumed. But that doesn't mean he was an engineer. Perhaps he met an engineer and it told christ to try and lead humanity down a morally better path but was ultimately crucified for blaspheming. A schism occurs amongst the engineer race and a zealot group decides humanity needs to become something else entirely and turns a nearby engineer terreforming operation (which was also to serve as our welcoming mat) into a staging area for their attack on earth. An opposing group of engineers discovers this and somehow use some version of the xeno's to wipe out/impregnate the rebel engineers just as a few are settling into the hyper sleep chambers in their juggernaut warships. Thats why Zeta 2 riticuli was abandoned and thats why engineers never gave came to finish the job after 2000 years. Also, the WY Report theorises that the engineers could be a brother race to humans or even proto humans. So maybe they were just jealous of us?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 01, 2016, 03:00:58 AM
Hicks, i'm 99% positive theres a ringed planet displayed on the upper right corner of the patch.

I see it now. Not very prominent though.

LordCassusSnow

Right? It seems to be somewhat partly engulfed by shadow. Hence 99% ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here is a closer look at Fassbender's cap showing the original W-Y logo from Alien more clearly.

https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/status/725446378332250113

Perfect-Organism

Ok, here's an interesting syllogism.  If they had this logo in 1979, and the 2 wing theme is reminiscent of the idea of the Ark of the Covenant, does it imply that there was an Ark of the Covenant connection going back to 1979 already?  No way!

Vermillion

It's all backwards linking. 
They are making it up as they go.

Interesting name for the one of the Characters...Rook.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 01, 2016, 03:42:49 PM
Here is a closer look at Fassbender's cap showing the original W-Y logo from Alien more clearly.

https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/status/725446378332250113

Quote from: Vermillion on May 01, 2016, 05:28:51 PM
Interesting name for the one of the Characters...Rook.

The one name I keep in reserve for any fan related project I do that requires an android.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed