AvPGalaxy Alien Day Competition - Win NECA Aliens Figures!

Started by Darkness, Apr 25, 2016, 07:00:22 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Alien Day Competition - Win NECA Aliens Figures! (Read 14,358 times)

Darkness

Want to win some NECA Aliens figures in our competition? AvPGalaxy Alien Day Competition - Win NECA Aliens Figures!

Want to win some NECA Aliens figures in our competition?

Update 3/5/16: The winners have been drawn and they are ‏@Jedi_Clare and @thomasaevans. Both entries were via Twitter.

We have a special treat for you in celebration of Alien Day tomorrow! Thanks to Retro & Collectables and their alien memorabilia section, we're giving away some awesome NECA Aliens figures. This is a UK only competition. The first winner will receive the towering 15″ Queen Alien and a severed Bishop figure while the second winner will receive the magnificent 11″ Power Loader and Ripley figure. All you have to do is tell us what your favourite scene in James Cameron’s Aliens was.

You can read below for the different ways to enter.

Winner 1:

Winner 2:

Competition Question: What was your favourite scene in James Cameron’s Aliens?

There are three ways to enter:

1. Members can reply to this news post/forum thread with your answer.
  2. Please share this facebook post with your friends and reply with your answer on there.
  3. Retweet this tweet and reply to it with your answer using hashtag #AlienDay426

People can enter in either channel for bonus entries so a user can have a maximum of three entries. The two winners will be drawn randomly after the competition closes in a week. Many thanks to Retro & Collectables for partnering with us for this fantastic giveaway. If you’re interested in buying any Alien merchandise, they have all sorts of Aliens figures from the likes of NECA and Hot Toys.

Terms and Conditions

• This competition is for people in the UK only.
  • AvPGalaxy site/forum staff are not eligible to enter.
  • No more than one entry via each channel is permitted.
  • The competition runs for one week and ends at the end of Bank Holiday Monday.
  • Winners will be drawn by random means. The first winner wins the Queen/Bishop figures and the second winner wins the Power Loader and Ripley figures.
  • Winners will be expected to provide their postal address after the competition ends.

HuDaFuK

Definitely Hicks spotting the Aliens in the ceiling. Jumped out of my skin first time I saw it!

XENOMORPHOSIS

My favourite scene is when Ripley emerges operating the power loader, she confronts the Alien queen who's attacking Newt, Ripley gives her iconic line "Get away from her you BITCH!"

Elcapitan

Hicks revealing his secret weapon..."I like to keep this handy" [clicks shotgun pump] "for close encounters". Awesome character and my first toy I had in the kenner line as a kid  :)

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

That's an easy one.....all 147minutes of the film!!! But by far the best and most iconic line......"Get away from her you BITCH!!!" I just love everything about this movie...the atmosphere....the tone...the suspense...the action...the characters are all portrayed brilliantly! Probably one of the best scenes...is when Ripley is facing the Queen....and that look where she tilts her head then bang....she flames the eggs!!! Awesome awesome movie!!!!

Deacs1973

My favourite is when the dropship crashes and Newt says "they mostly come at night mostly"

andy_jaxx_11

Hudson game over man.. Game over!!

Kaiki Deishu

It's all so great and quotable, but I think it's when Hudson says, "We're on an express elevator to hell, going down!" is when you know this is going to be good.

DarkXeno

Congrats to the winner ;D send pics!

Shevvie

Cool competition!

Favorite scene is kinda hard to nail down but what always makes me smile is where they're climbing put of cryo pods and Hudson is complaining about the floor being cold. Apone makes a quip about fetching him some slippers. XD

robbritton

My favourite moment in Aliens is the camera following the Dropship into the Atmosphere Processor, giving you a true sense of the scale of the thing for the first time and reinforcing the size of the endeavour Ripley is about to undertake. Also, the score rocks at that point!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The whole movie is my favorite scene of all time. It is impossible to choose just one iconic scene out of an ocean full of iconic scenes. There's the opening credits, the shake and bake, express elevator to hell, sharp sticks, sonic electronic ball breakers. The motion trackers, the special edition, somebody must have bagged one of Ripley's bad guys. The entire team of marines, Apone is on bad ass mutherf**ker. Never been mistaken for a woman. The Aliens haven't even showed up yet and this is already the greatest action movie of all time!

Keep your toys; ain't no UK person going to win it now.

Read that Mr. Clemens; WOMAN!

BonesawT101

Without a shadow of a doubt my favourite scene is when Ripley stumbles upon the Queen for the first time. The awe and terror in the scene is mesmerizing. Especially when her majesty slowly reveals her maw, observing Ripley for the first time and let's out that chilling sound. Absolutely fantastic scene, and one of my favorites from the whole series

MattFiler

MattFiler

So many favourite scenes in that film! Actually managed to get tickets to see Alien and Aliens on Alien day (today as of writing) so I'm super excited as I'm not old enough to have seen either of them the first time around.

I especially love the scene in Aliens where Newt is in the sewers, Hicks is trying to cut through the floor panels to get to her and Ripley is watching the tracker. The way it all builds up the Xenomorph's reveal is awesome, it's a great touch on the horror element from Alien but done in a totally different way.

A favourite line from Aliens is just after the drop-ship crashes and Burke suggests "Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh?". It shows just how weak his character is yet he tries to act so tough, it really makes you question if what he does later on in the film is actually how he wanted things to transpire. However, I think it's generally the line after Burke's that is more often remembered!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Seeing both Alien & Aliens double feature tonight, really excited to experience it on the big screen   ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed