Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Perfect-Organism, Apr 21, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Updates Us On Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 37,150 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 22, 2016, 06:57:29 AM
I really do hope Covenant surprises me & blows me away. I just don't have super high hope just yet after Prometheus. The Martian was a beautifully shot movie as well but fell apart for me about the time duct tape was used to fix everything so I lost a little faith in him again from that. That being said, I still hope he proves me wrong & does something very exceptional the series desperately needs it.

I feel this way as well. Prometheus left me with that "what could have been" feeling and The Martian became too silly by the end of it. I do think Ridley Scott has lost his touch over time, but there are still hints of genius at varying times. I'd just love to see Covenant absolutely kick everyone in the balls and nail it though.

XenoZipper

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 22, 2016, 07:12:37 AM
I feel this way as well. Prometheus left me with that "what could have been" feeling and The Martian became too silly by the end of it. I do think Ridley Scott has lost his touch over time, but there are still hints of genius at varying times. I'd just love to see Covenant absolutely kick everyone in the balls and nail it though.

That's exactly it. I really enjoyed The Martian at the beginning but by the time duct tape came into play I was just clock watching until it was over & then the silly "this is my moment to be Iron Man" at the end. At first I thought the science behind the movie was very interesting but then it turned into a Red Green Show thing with duct tape fixes everything haha I agree he's lost touch but still has his moments. Just needs the right crew behind him to keep things solid the whole way through. Hopefully he has that crew for Covenant right now, I'd gladly take that swift kick to the balls haha

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 21, 2016, 10:42:26 PMI would love to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIENS' movie.

What I don't want to see is aged actors shoe horned into a script that's tailor made to accommodate them so they can reprise roles they haven't played for decades. 

Hopefully Weaver's role in all this will be in the capacity of a Producer rather than as Actor. 

A new 'ALIENS' movie for the 21st Century with a fresh story, engaging new characters toting pulse rifles with Xenos dropping on them from the ceiling will rock everyone's boat!

Give me THAT movie, please.

-Windebieste.

Yep.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 22, 2016, 06:42:26 AMOh without a doubt. Just look at the Budget to Box Office ratio on ALIEN and ALIENS. Compare that to Deadpool (which I was QUITE fond of).

ALIEN's ratio is even better than Deadpool's.

That's a slightly pointless comparison. Deadpool was made 30 years later, and released into a totally different market. There's nothing to say how Alien or Aliens would do if they only just came out now.

Corporal Hicks

I really do hope Covenant surprises me & blows me away. I just don't have super high hope just yet after Prometheus. The Martian was a beautifully shot movie as well but fell apart for me about the time duct tape was used to fix everything so I lost a little faith in him again from that. That being said, I still hope he proves me wrong & does something very exceptional the series desperately needs it.

As I understand it that's an actual thing at NASA...using duct-tape to fix stuff like that. It was all in the book as well. Personally I loved The Martian. The book and the film are simply gold in my eyes. The most entertaining and refreshing sci-fi for ages.

HuDaFuK

They used duct tape to fix stuff on Apollo 13, and that worked out pretty well.

windebieste

Duct tape is the single most useful 'all in one repair' kit you can every hope to use. 

Well, that, and a towel of course.

-Windebieste.

AVP-CAPCOM

Not interested in Prometheus 2 (because that is exactly what "ALIEN" Convent is). Ridley Scott initially said we wouldn't
- see the Xenomorph ever again. Then it was
- We won't see the Xenomorph for another 3 movies

Now the Xeno is returning in Prometheus 2? This is surely Fox Studios decision.

Personally I had 100% faith in Blomkamp to do the ALIEN series justice. I jumped out of my chair when I heard we'd see M-41 Pulse Rifles, Ripley, Hicks and an ALIEN queen in a future setting.

His work on District 9 and the production design of Elysium (give or take the latter being over-rated and derivative) I was creaming myself.

Personally I want ALIENS 2 and AVP3 both set in the future. I'll be a happy bunny.

T Dog

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 22, 2016, 04:31:13 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 22, 2016, 04:27:43 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 21, 2016, 10:12:26 PM
Honestly I just want the one prequel that establishes how the Space Jockey crashed the derelict on LV-426, wonder if this multiple movie saga is really warranted. For that matter is Neill movie set to be a final instalment or is he too planing to make a multitude of sequels?

There was a Screenrant interview where he said he would like to do two more sequels to the upcoming Alien 5.

So once Covenant is done, there could literally be two concurrent Alien series going on.  Just like Star Wars.  That would be perfect.  (If they're any good.)
So would Blomkamp's series have an alternative title if Ridley is straight up using Alien now? How would they differenciate the two series in marketing? 

Alien Reborn: Part 1 - Ripley's Return.

Beanation

Beanation

She wish... yeah right  ::)

Beatnation

Haha... she wish... sure  ::)

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2016, 08:40:09 AM

As I understand it that's an actual thing at NASA...using duct-tape to fix stuff like that. It was all in the book as well. Personally I loved The Martian. The book and the film are simply gold in my eyes. The most entertaining and refreshing sci-fi for ages.

Fair enough there. I will admit when I'm proved wrong on something if it's an actual thing and really works. I never knew that so the idea came off extremely silly to me. Like I said, I highly enjoyed the movie up to that point. The garden was probably some of my favorite stuff in the movie to see how he was doing it & the science behind it. The movie as a whole is still a beautifully shot movie. Maybe it's the Canadian in me that just gets annoyed at duct tape because it's so often related to the Red Green Show here which gets annoying fast haha I still hope for the best on Covenant though, it needs to be awesome or it could jeopardize the future of the films if there will be any if it flops which I don't want to see happen at all. This series means to much to me.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 22, 2016, 02:16:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 22, 2016, 08:40:09 AM

]

I know what you mean about the Red Green Show.  I never got the appeal.  I think it's somebody's boondoggle.  (I'm Canadian too)

Hope you have a new appreciation for the Martian.  Duck it!

LordCassusSnow

The Derelict from Alien already has an explanation for being there. If you've seen Prometheus you should already have figured out.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea me either on the Red/Green Show Perfect-Organism, I just never understood the like behind the show & just made us Canadians look like typical lumberjack type people. I'm not even an out doorsy person unless I'm going outside for a smoke haha I'd rather stay in & watch movies & shows. It's all I do really. Where about in Canada you from? I'm in British Columbia ,originally come from Vancouver but now live in a smaller town near Prince George. And yeA I can appreciate the Martian more :P I'd have to re-watch again. Only watched it the one time

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 22, 2016, 02:37:43 PM
Yea me either on the Red/Green Show Perfect-Organism, I just never understood the like behind the show & just made us Canadians look like typical lumberjack type people. I'm not even an out doorsy person unless I'm going outside for a smoke haha I'd rather stay in & watch movies & shows. It's all I do really. Where about in Canada you from? I'm in British Columbia ,originally come from Vancouver but now live in a smaller town near Prince George. And yeA I can appreciate the Martian more :P I'd have to re-watch again. Only watched it the one time

I'm a Toronto guy, but I definitely have an outdoorsy bent.  But I still just don't get the humour.  The guy is not funny.  Trailer Park Boys is similar but with a lot more edge, but it has the one thing that Red Green doesn't.  Good humour and self-awareness.  I can't imagine how much of our tax money must have gone to Red Green.  Because you know that show would not have survived on its own.

And to bring things full circle, I can't wait to see Ripley duct taping some fresh new guns together to take out some of Ripley's bad guys!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed