Trilobite Spotted on Alien: Covenant Set

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2016, 11:47:25 AM

Author
Trilobite Spotted on Alien: Covenant Set (Read 24,829 times)

426Buddy

Most definitely, I'm really hoping to see at least some foreboding giger-esque design elements. As far as the trilobite, if they expand on and explain the creatures from Prometheus I think that has potential.

Stolen

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 13, 2016, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 13, 2016, 05:47:49 PM
To be fair it's a bit early to make that call considering all we have is some location shots and one snapshot of an unfinished set.

Absolutely! We know nothing yet. Wait the movie, and then we shall all make a final judgment of this franchise!

Exactly thank you guys.
I am especially pleased that Scott has not buried Prometheus! Alien: Covenant is a direct sequel. It's good news.

Now, less leakage please, we already know too much. (But I'm unable not to look. I'm too excited. August 2017 is too far.)

Perfect-Organism

Yes, I'm becoming deeply concerned about my ability to enjoy this film if I know too much.  I mean I want to go in knowing nothing, but I also can't look away from all the leaks and posts.  It's so compelling.  What to do?

426Buddy

Im in the same boat myself, I can't look away lol.

When Prometheus hit I had been away from the franchise and fandom for a long time, so my first introduction was the trailer. In the end it didn't matter because the trailer showed 90% of the good parts of the movie. I remember clearly thinking the trailer was amazing and was surprised how much they held back and didn't show. I was pretty surprised after watching the movie, I was thinking "I guess the trailer didnt hold back at all really".

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 01:44:19 PM
I did also ask him if it could have been a traditional face-hugger, not the trilobite. We'll see.
Well you did say he said it was a small prop. However I thought the trilobite was scary. Just imagine landing in the leaked set pics scene, thinking everything is beautiful and then have a army of those things crawling out of the water with rape intentions.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 09:35:54 PM
Maybe this is what he saw?  :P

https://twitter.com/starfishstuff/status/720347082155024385
Haha. That's one realistic looking prop.  ;D Maybe its taking the secret pictures of the set.

Astronoë

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 13, 2016, 02:20:29 PM
This implies that the trilobite was more of an intentional result of the black-goo than a co-incidental bi-product.  By extension, it could mean the same thing for the deacon.

So the intention was to make a deacon? Wait a few thousand years hoping humans learn space travel, come to bio-lab-planet, drink black goo for some reason, have sex, have squid, engineer blowjobs squid, result deacon.

seems legit  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Astronoë on Apr 13, 2016, 10:24:21 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 13, 2016, 02:20:29 PM
This implies that the trilobite was more of an intentional result of the black-goo than a co-incidental bi-product.  By extension, it could mean the same thing for the deacon.

So the intention was to make a deacon? Wait a few thousand years hoping humans learn space travel, come to bio-lab-planet, drink black goo for some reason, have sex, have squid, engineer blowjobs squid, result deacon.

seems legit  ;D

I was only pointing out the implication.  It is as implausible as you describe.

426Buddy

426Buddy

My thoughts are the deacon and trilobite were either an accidental byproduct of what happened in promy or the black goo can spawn them in many ways. Who knows maybe Holloway would have burst open with a 1000 lil trilobites

Corporal Hicks

Another tweet from yesterday where he replied to someone else asking the same question I did about if it could have been face-hugger: "definitely a baby trilobite. I saw the prop & storyboard scene for yesterday. Scene with a group of explorers/scientists colonists"

_kemosh_

_kemosh_

Yah my tweet haha, I get a feeling there's probably loads of them in the water, hence the gunfight.
If what this twitter guy says is legit then it seems the film wants to explain where and how the trilobite fits in the xeno family tree. Remember Ridz did say "we'll have them all".

Who the hell is this twitter guy anyway? Is he a crew member/worker? 

Corporal Hicks

He's either another tourist or works on one of the plane tour providers.

And welcome!  :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So if he's just a tourist or a local yokel how did he get to see the storyboard then?

It's one thing spotting a prop from a distance, quite another getting hold of the actual storyboard.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 14, 2016, 01:30:45 PMIt's one thing spotting a prop from a distance, quite another getting hold of the actual storyboard.

Really long lens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed