Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic)

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 08, 2016, 07:51:18 PM

Author
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens (new comic) (Read 41,000 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2016, 06:37:14 AM
Had a read of the Yautja Encyclopedia.  The (unattributed) copying and pasting of my Timeline website for many of the historical entries has lead me to go back and make some corrections to my own work.  Cheers.

Norm Keillor tends to... take a lot of the material verbatim from other AVP Encyclopedic resources. I haven't talked to him about that but I should. Really, it's just his site, he maintains it but I just contribute information to him whenever I find it to be worth of interest.

We do have a page dedicated to Alternate Canon where the Alien and Predator characters are canonically featured in external franchises. Mostly that was my research which I contributed to him.

SM

Well the original Yautja Encyclopedia website copied my stuff wholesale back then too, so at least the tradition is being continued.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2016, 07:11:19 AM
Well the original Yautja Encyclopedia website copied my stuff wholesale back then too, so at least the tradition is being continued.

I'll be sure to tell Norm to give credit where credit is due. Personally, I don't like it when stuff is being copied. I just recently became a contributor to the site, so when he re-activated it, he came to me and asked if I wanted to be a contributor and I said yes.

Would you like to reach Mr. Keillor?

SM

Not especially.

RakaiThwei

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 17, 2016, 12:48:32 AM
The solicitation for issue #3:
Spoiler

QuotePredator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens #3 (of 4)

John Layman (W), Chris Mooneyham (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Glenn Fabry (Cover/Variant cover)

On sale Sept 28

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Miniseries

Dr. Reinstöt is hosting a party! AN APOCALYPSE PARTY! He's gotten his hands on some xenomorph DNA: a dream come true for a mad genetic scientist who's already built a clan of animal hybrids. He's also captured a Predator, and even his old acquaintance Judge Dredd has come knocking on his isolated lab's door. Now that his friends are here and ready to go, the only thing left to do is hit the town! They're taking the party to Mega-City One and raising hell!

• Written by Eisner Award–winning, New York Times best-selling Chew creator John Layman!

• A co-publication with IDW and 2000 AD!
[close]

When or if someone buys this, can you please let me know if the mad scientist's creations include Aliens with 7 hands and 3 heads with mandibles?

HuDaFuK

I've got no interest in reading it, but I really like the covers for this series, with the faces reflected in the different masks. Neat.

Nostromo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 17, 2016, 08:56:08 AM
I really like the covers for this series, with the faces reflected in the different masks. Neat.

It's as if they're telling you look into my eyes! Hey HudaFuk, you're an admin at Xenopedia, wow good job man, I check that app on a regular basis, it freaks me out how fast it's updated with the latest info on new Comics, etc..

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 17, 2016, 08:52:07 AM
When or if someone buys this, can you please let me know if the mad scientist's creations include Aliens with 7 hands and 3 heads with mandibles?

Seeing as I'll probably be the only one reading it... I'll let you know.

Nostromo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 17, 2016, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 17, 2016, 08:52:07 AM

Seeing as I'll probably be the only one reading it... I'll let you know.

Thanks, have you read Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens Oct 28, 2014 or Judge Dredd versus Aliens: Incubus Feb 10, 2004? What did you think of those?

It's funny they called the new one: Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens, why not just add Volume 2 Like Batman vs Aliens..

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 17, 2016, 05:39:14 PM
Thanks, have you read Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens Oct 28, 2014 or Judge Dredd versus Aliens: Incubus Feb 10, 2004? What did you think of those?

That comic which mention which was released October 28th, 2014 was just a collection of Predator vs Judge Dredd, and Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus. I have those comics in their original and separate printing. They're pretty good.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 17, 2016, 03:19:39 PMIt's as if they're telling you look into my eyes! Hey HudaFuk, you're an admin at Xenopedia, wow good job man, I check that app on a regular basis, it freaks me out how fast it's updated with the latest info on new Comics, etc..

Cheers!

Nostromo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 17, 2016, 06:20:12 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 17, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

That comic which mention which was released October 28th, 2014 was just a collection of Predator vs Judge Dredd, and Judge Dredd vs Aliens: Incubus. I have those comics in their original and separate printing. They're pretty good.

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2016, 06:37:14 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 13, 2016, 06:35:42 PM
Quote from: EJA on Jun 13, 2016, 06:16:32 PM
Do you have a link to this site? I'd like to take a look, please.

Here you go. Norm's been... experimenting with the layout and personally, I don't like it and have been talking to him to getting it to change it back but it's been met with no success.

http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/

Quote from: EJA on Jun 13, 2016, 06:16:32 PM
And what's this about the 2000 AD Dredd and IDW Dredd being separate universes?

The Judge Dredd franchise more or less deals with the concept of a multiverse, and the crossovers with Batman, Alien and Predator are considered canon in the overall Dredd franchises. However, the Dredd character has come across an alternate version of himself more than once I believe. He even killed his Sylvester Stallone counterpart in one comic.

When IDW obtained the licensing rights to the Dredd franchise, it was a whole new take on the Dredd storyline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd#Alternative_versions

Had a read of the Yautja Encyclopedia.  The (unattributed) copying and pasting of my Timeline website for many of the historical entries has lead me to go back and make some corrections to my own work.  Cheers.
That website is notorious for that, it copy-pasted from my Aliens Online Encyclopedia way back in the day as well. I thought you'd known about it copying your timeline, I remember seeing stuff from it dating back at least a decade ago.

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2016, 07:11:19 AM
Oh I didn't realize this was an entirely different site.
Either way I'm not surprised.

happypred

My concern is that...

1. The predator is captured
2. The xenomorphs aren't really xenomorphs

...sounds like it might be similar to AvP F&S (i.e. Sebela's steaming pile)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed