First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 102,302 times)

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2016, 12:57:21 PM
There's definitely a similarity in style which is cool but I don't think it's from the Prometheus.

I'm finding it difficult to find proof that it is from the Prometheus, other than the fact that it says P-01 on it. I just find it difficult to imagine how a chunk of the Prometheus would manage to escape lv223's gravity when the ship exploded so close to the surface. But then again, this is the sequel to Prometheus.
I think it more likely that it's simply part of the ship that this new crew of explorers used to get to "uncharted paradise", but is in fact a planet inhabited by loads of davids.

Also, it just occurred to me, does anyone else think the deacon could've stowed away on the engineer ship shaw took? I mean, it never really shows for certain whether or not shaw had taken off before the deacon hatched. Only that it showed shaw taking off in a separate scene just before the scene with the deacon. So, there is actually a bit of an ambiguity here. PLUS, Ridley said there was gonna be every type of xeno in Alien: Covenant and what are the odds of there being 2 deacons created? Not high I imagine.

HuDaFuK

I hated the Deacon scene. Felt so tacked-on. That said, I think I'd be more annoyed if they just left it hanging and never followed it up in the sequel(s).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2016, 09:29:54 AM

Some ariel shots. You can see the ship quite clearly in the water in these images.

But in the shot below it's quite clearly on dry land. I suppose it depends on the tide. Or otherwise the set was moved. Do you know when those aerial shots were taken?

Perfect-Organism

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 12, 2016, 05:05:26 PM
But in the shot below it's quite clearly on dry land. I suppose it depends on the tide. Or otherwise the set was moved. Do you know when those aerial shots were taken?

I don't. I asked but I'm awaiting the answer. They may have moved it further out for the explosion?

Darkness

Are there any actors actually filming anything out there or is it purely second unit stuff?

Corporal Hicks

I know Fassbender and Crudup and one unknown actor are out there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Sounds like the other actor was one of the ladies, most likely Katherine Waterston or otherwise Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz or Callie Hernandez.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 12, 2016, 05:47:43 PM
tide?

"the alternate rising and falling of the sea, usually twice in each lunar day at a particular place, due to the attraction of the moon and sun."

Perfect-Organism

What I'm saying is that with the tide, the ship could be in the water at some point during the day and on land on another time of day.  Anybody know if this sort of thing happens in this area?  It seems like it might.  A satellite image from Google maps can clarify that for us if we get them from different moments.  It would also be interesting to point out the exact location of the ship on the google map, but so far I can't seem to pinpoint the spot.  Anyone?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I thought you were asking what a tide was seeing as I already mentioned the possibility. Thought you were maybe from Kansas or somewhere.  :P

QuoteAnybody know if this sort of thing happens in this area?

The sound is connected to the ocean, so yes.

QuoteIt would also be interesting to point out the exact location of the ship on the google map, but so far I can't seem to pinpoint the spot.  Anyone?

It's just a little north of the north-western section of the airport runway. The cruise boat harbour would be to the north-east.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 12, 2016, 09:32:40 PM
I thought you were asking what a tide was seeing as I already mentioned the possibility. Thought you were maybe from Kansas or somewhere.  :P

QuoteAnybody know if this sort of thing happens in this area?

The sound is connected to the ocean, so yes.

Yep.  I totally didn't notice that in your post. :-[

*Fixed your quotes. Corporal Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The flight providers are getting in on the action now. These are both from pilots. Not that they're shots from the air.

QuoteAlien Covenant Set, spaceship when tide comes in submerged #aliencovenant

So tide it was.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 09:13:01 AM
The flight providers are getting in on the action now. These are both from pilots. Not that they're shots from the air.

Sir Riddles must be fuming!  :laugh:
But I guess that's what you get when filming at the Eighth Wonder of the World.

When were those pics taken? I thought they blew that sucker sky-high?

Corporal Hicks

Unknown, I'm afraid. I'm wondering if they didn't actually destroy it but just shot some flames really high.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 01:35:06 PMWhen were those pics taken? I thought they blew that sucker sky-high?

You'd be surprised how big an explosion they can make these days without actually damaging anything around it. Some of those recent shots look a little singed, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility it survived intact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed