Alien Day merch in press release

Started by alienscollection.com, Mar 29, 2016, 05:47:33 PM

Author
Alien Day merch in press release (Read 86,194 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'd be curious to see what actually happened last year.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'll get in touch with him.

Corporal Hicks

Ace. Thanks.

viendammage

I've seen a few opinions that LV-426 Day was some kind of corporate scam but it just comes off as peanut butter and jealous to me. "It's not even on the release date!" Neither are BTTF or Star Wars Days so who cares. Did the movies and cast get more attention than the day before? Yes. Were screenings packed, mine sure was and I'm guessing many were as Alamo Drafthouse is for movie fans. This is hipster BS at its worst, not like anybody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything. There's 60 some comments here of people sharing their experiences on a communal day celebrating our favorite flicks. Here's to more movie days and #HicksLives!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: viendammage on Apr 29, 2016, 01:51:38 AM
I've seen a few opinions that LV-426 Day was some kind of corporate scam but it just comes off as peanut butter and jealous to me. "It's not even on the release date!" Neither are BTTF or Star Wars Days so who cares. Did the movies and cast get more attention than the day before? Yes. Were screenings packed, mine sure was and I'm guessing many were as Alamo Drafthouse is for movie fans. This is hipster BS at its worst, not like anybody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything. There's 60 some comments here of people sharing their experiences on a communal day celebrating our favorite flicks. Here's to more movie days and #HicksLives!
I'm with you on that. It's a convenient day to rally fans (and non-fans, as my friends will attest) to watch the movies and have a good time. Like yeah people could complain about the commercialization stuff, but no one is forcing anyone to buy stuff. The Twitter trivia thing was fun, telling my coworkers to go home and watch an Alien movie was fun, I got a new book in the mail, it's all really harmless fun.

windebieste

April 26, 2016 has been and gone.  I enjoyed it immensely...

Now looking forward to 4/26, 2017.  Coz you know... YOU KNOW it's gonna be absolutely loaded with 'ALIEN: Covenant' content.  That's a certainty.  Of course we'll be seeing stuff well before then but the movie will be released just 4 months later.  You can bet Fox will already have that day pegged for big announcements in terms of tie in merch for the movie. It's poised at the perfect point for such announcements. 

I don't care what the naysayers claim.  Corporate opportunism or not, I say, Bring It!  I can't wait for 4/26/17.

-Windebieste.

Engineer

Engineer

Has anyone listened to the audio drama for "alien: out of the shadows" that came out? If so, I'd like to hear some opinions! I have a copy of the book, but I read a single customer review for the audio drama version that just came out, and it was a STELLAR review! The reviewer said some things about it that caught my eye too, so I'm thinking about buying it...

Perfect-Organism

I am listening to it right now as I am working on a project.  I can say that this is one of the single best Alien experiences that I've had since watching Aliens.  I know the story should have never taken place, but that is the premise.  The overall execution of this is beyond phenomenal.  I have visions of the entire catalogue of Aliens books and comics being turned into this.  Just epic.  And worth a price.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 30, 2016, 01:30:44 AM
I am listening to it right now as I am working on a project.  I can say that this is one of the single best Alien experiences that I've had since watching Aliens.  I know the story should have never taken place, but that is the premise.  The overall execution of this is beyond phenomenal.  I have visions of the entire catalogue of Aliens books and comics being turned into this.  Just epic.  And worth a price.

SOLD!

Thanks for the input!

PS. Do you rank this as a better alien experience than alien: isolation?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 30, 2016, 01:44:35 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 30, 2016, 01:30:44 AM

SOLD!

Thanks for the input!

PS. Do you rank this as a better alien experience than alien: isolation?

Ha ha!  Just as I posted the above, I thought of Alien: Isolation and I started weighing out my opinion.  The two are very different.  They are both high up there, and as I stated, it is one of the top experiences.  So I will say, that it ranks up there, and I elect not to pick a favorite at this time.

BTW, you can get Audible for free right now on a 30 day trial, and you get a free audio book.  Duh!  I picked Alien out of the shadows of course.  After the 30 days, you start to pay.  Totally worth it, and I hope they do many more like this.  It elevates audio books to a whole new level.

Engineer

Engineer

Thanks again!

Understandable you won't pick an absolute favorite between the two! But I'm excited to hear it's that good!

That's good to know about audible too. But I kinda think the iOS version might be a better choice for me. I'd have it all the time on multiple devices! :-) betcha they do this whole trilogy eventually... At least!

Did you (or anyone) check out the pinball game? I actually really like it! And I'm not a fan of pinball games, especially digital pinball. I nabbed the pinball game for free on iOS, but in the free version you only get access to 1 table at a time and they rotate to the next table every 5 days or so. I've only tried out the aliens table so far. I was planning to wait for the next table to rotate around (avp) to see if I like it enough to buy the bundle (unlimited access to all 3 tables, ad free) or just the individual tables I like best. I may also grab it for Xbox one; still deciding on that...

Perfect-Organism

I just downloaded Aliens vs. Pinball.  Firstly, I didn't realize this was a downloadable app game.  I thought it was going to be a real pinball game.  It is good kitschy fun.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 30, 2016, 09:36:02 PM
I just downloaded Aliens vs. Pinball.  Firstly, I didn't realize this was a downloadable app game.  I thought it was going to be a real pinball game.  It is good kitschy fun.
Yea it's a digital game. Available on all platforms I believe: Xbox 360/one, ps 3/4, Mac, iOS, Windows 8, steam, and android...

Corporal Hicks

I didn't realise it was on the tablets. Might pick this up for them as well then.

XenoZipper

Aliens vs Pinball has been quite the blast to play. I grabbed all 3 tables for PS3. So far I got the trophies for both the Aliens & AVP table but not the Isolation one yet. Highest score so far I think has been on the AVP table for about 50million. Aliens is fun when you get to drive the APC for a short mini game after starting the first mission (when you play Film Order). Isolation has been my least favorite of the 3. I dunno what it is about that one but I can't seem to get anywhere with it unlike the other 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed