Alien Day merch in press release

Started by alienscollection.com, Mar 29, 2016, 05:47:33 PM

Author
Alien Day merch in press release (Read 86,211 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ended up going round my gf's last night so sadly I didn't get to re-watch any films, but I did pick up a few goodies during the day. I won't be short of Alien-themed T-shirts for a while. Nabbed me a Loot Crate, too. Sadly both Hicks and I missed out on some Ripley sneakers :(

Might stick Aliens on tonight, it's been a while.

Corporal Hicks

I only picked up the Fright Rags shirt and the Lootcrate. Was so gutted about those shoes. I did go to a double-showing with the lady friend though, got back at 1am. Stayed up a bit to cover that Covenant news. So tired right now.  :-\

Not the greatest debut Alien Day but was still alright.

XenoZipper

I only got the Pinball game & that was it. Didn't get a chance to watch any of the movies yesterday or partake in trivia. So yea off to a shaky start for the first Alien Day put maybe next year will be better.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 27, 2016, 02:13:09 PM
I only got the Pinball game & that was it. Didn't get a chance to watch any of the movies yesterday or partake in trivia. So yea off to a shaky start for the first Alien Day put maybe next year will be better.
Same here! Except I didn't even get a chance to play the pinball game! Wouldn't load from servers... :-(

XenoZipper

Yea it was a pain for me too. The pinball game wasn't showing up in the actual game itself when I booted it up or looked at the dlc in the psn. I finally got it by just searching new downloads altogether & they finally showed up there on the PS3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 27, 2016, 02:13:09 PMSo yea off to a shaky start for the first Alien Day...

Well technically Dark Horse arranged an Aliens Day back in 2009, so it's not the first.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 03:39:02 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 27, 2016, 02:13:09 PMSo yea off to a shaky start for the first Alien Day...

Well technically Dark Horse arranged an Aliens Day back in 2009, so it's not the first.

Any idea what day that was?

PRJ_since1990

I watched Alien last night and tried to stay up for Aliens... the wife and I were so tired we couldn't do it so we will pick it up where we left off last night (where the marines discover Newt).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 27, 2016, 04:19:00 PMAny idea what day that was?

From what I've been able to find out, it was May 25, or exactly 30 years to the day since Alien first hit theatres.

Corporal Hicks

A fan started the idea of using 4/26 last year too.

Perfect-Organism

Yes it is worthwhile to note that a fan started the whole 4-26 thing.  Especially in light of articles like this appearing in the press:

https://www.inverse.com/article/14015-fake-fan-holidays-like-alien-day-are-missing-the-point-of-being-a-fan

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

I want the Internecivus Raptus statue so bad >.< but not having a job atm, I don't think I'd forgive myself for spending £300 on a statue at this point :/ Especially with UK shipping price too. I mean, look at this motherf**ker! I WANT! :'( https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-sideshow-collectibles-200464/

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 05:14:34 PMA fan started the idea of using 4/26 last year too.

Yeah I actually heard from him recently.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 27, 2016, 05:40:28 PM
Yes it is worthwhile to note that a fan started the whole 4-26 thing.  Especially in light of articles like this appearing in the press:

https://www.inverse.com/article/14015-fake-fan-holidays-like-alien-day-are-missing-the-point-of-being-a-fan

Yeah, that one pissed me off.  >:(

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 27, 2016, 06:42:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2016, 05:14:34 PMA fan started the idea of using 4/26 last year too.

Yeah I actually heard from him recently.

Yeah? Anything fun?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2016, 07:39:23 AMYeah? Anything fun?

Just that he started the idea last year. He wanted a mention on the Wiki, actually, so I mostly just asked for some proof he wasn't just bullshitting, which he kindly provided.

He did mention that he had some photos of the 2015 event but I never got around to seeing them! Might hit him up and ask him if I can have a butchers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed