The Predator To Be An “Event” Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 03:12:28 PM

Author
The Predator To Be An “Event” Film (Read 31,508 times)

Vermillion

Predator on an Aircraft Carrier or Marine/SeaL landing ship. 
Actually.  There's a cameo in Top Gun 2

426Buddy

At the end the predator will clap Tom Cruise on the shoulder and tell him that he can be his wingman anytime. :laugh:

Randomizer

I hope Fox is reading these threads.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Randomizer on Mar 27, 2016, 06:21:30 PM
I hope Fox is reading these threads.
Thats what i dont get about company's(Games,movies)If they read what their fans want then movie and games wont be god awful bad(thats what Kojima does)

CainsSon

Im sure someone has discussed this at some point but, they really should bring PREDATOR into the future and introduce the Colonial Marines off on some distant forest world and then lead that towards a proper AVP story, but just NOT include any other connection to the Alien story line.

426Buddy

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a film, it's kinda what Predator Life & Death is doing right now, only there is a derelict thrown in for good measure.

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see something like that eventually too. It'd be a nice kind of lead up if Fox ever did want to try and go all MCU with Alien and Predator and AvP.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2016, 07:54:02 PM
I'd love to see something like that eventually too. It'd be a nice kind of lead up if Fox ever did want to try and go all MCU with Alien and Predator and AvP.
I'd even be happy with the Fire & Stone made into a film series, albeit tweaked a little bit.

Honestly, we need an AvP do-over with the original story in place (AVP: Prey) with Machiko and the future setting and all that good stuff. Give the series the respectable movie it deserves.

But on topic, yes, a large interwoven universe would make a lot of us very pleased.

uglymfstuntdude

uglymfstuntdude

Really the fans want:

1 Alan Silvestri to do the score ...his IMDB says he is still in business but prolly cost a good penny which fox has given Mr Black :)

2 More screen time with or using the predator space craft make it do something else cool we havent seen before. We all love this predator character because of his awesome ass toys...like batman. Maybe show the ship burrow into the ground like in the batman v predator comics

3 More screen time on the predator homeworld or one of their worlds (adding a language will be nice if done right. not sure how to do alien language "right") a jungle type, desert, or something new??? tron capital might be a bit much and copy cat ish.

4 have the anytime pred/classic pred in it somewhere and not let him get spanked. I was happy to see new predators in latest pred film but I love classic pred no homo...it hurt my soul seeing him beat down by something new. The only one can kill him is Dutch :) or Danny boy....of course Royce with his sexy AA12.

5 As always some new gadgets for pred to kill with I like wolf with his dual caster action.

6 I am not saying this bit is needed but please show someone being skinned alive :D and also some up close spine rip action would be nice.

7 I dare you guys to bring back the old cloak from the first 2 preds...I know those effects are dated but it was awesome

8)  8)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: uglymfstuntdude on Mar 29, 2016, 07:26:42 AM3 More screen time on the predator homeworld or one of their worlds

I don't especially want this. It'll more likely than not come off as cheesy.

Quote from: uglymfstuntdude on Mar 29, 2016, 07:26:42 AM6 I am not saying this bit is needed but please show someone being skinned alive :D and also some up close spine rip action would be nice.

Totally unnecessary. It would just be like AVP:R, needlessly unpleasant gore to try and be cool or shocking. The original was violent without being excessively disgusting.

whiterabbit

Yea unnecessary gore isn't needed. I'd much prefer more sci-fi/action in my alien monster flick. Predator movies are definitely best as action orientated entertainment.

In most of the predator movies the Predator has been hunting small game. Jungle men, drug dealers and even rounded up some killers to drop off on their hunting planet. Yea, aliens can sit this one out. Maybe a decent change in pace would be for the Predator to go after some real big game. Like the president of the united states, other wise known as Dutch. :P I mean why the hell not, it'd be the easiest way to get Arnold into it via a non combat role. He could even use some of that boy scout ingenuity to secure the kill at the end.

overthere

But the president as an individual is not a particularly worthy prey. There's nothing really special about him that a Predator should care about. Predators look for a worthy prey on their own, and having a bunch of bodyguards does not equal to a worthy prey.

I thought I'd want to see skinning happen, but the more I think about it the more it seems it's much more terrifying to see the end result without seeing the actual process. Like any horror, it's good to leave some violence for the imagination. But on the other hand, Predators are so badass, I want to see them do horrible gory things.

I don't want to see their home planet. I love the mystery about them and it's fairly certain any portrayal of it would be lackluster. Maybe just a quick shot, like in AvP:R, probably the only thing it did right.

426Buddy

I wouldn't mind  a nice spine rip scene myself  :P

HuDaFuK

I thoguht the one in Predators was pretty decent, actually. Nasty without being gratuitous.

426Buddy

426Buddy

That wasn't bad, but for some reason I had thought I'd seen an alternate version of that scene before the movie came out, maybe in a trailer. Anyway when the movie did come out I remember being a little disappointed that it wasn't what I thought it was. Who knows I could be crazy lol

I also thought his timing for taking the trophy was wierd

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed