Should Marijuana be legalized?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 15, 2016, 07:39:07 AM

Should Marijuana be legalized?

Only for medical patients with a prescription
No, It's illegal and should stay that way
Yes, for everyone both Medicinally and Recreationally
Author
Should Marijuana be legalized? (Read 9,822 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Gate on Mar 23, 2016, 05:02:34 AM
While you're at it, decriminalize drug use. There is no reason why someone needs to face jail time for smoking crack. Why do you punish someone for hurting themselves when they need special rehabilitation and care.

Go ahead and fine them, but keep on jailing the dealers. Those are the people who need to be punished.
You know that is actually a fair point, money would be better spent on rehabilitation than punishment. However one would think being locked in prison would be the most ideal way to separate a user from his supplier. Plus most drug users aren't incarcerated unless they have a significant amount of drugs on them. Perhaps we could raise the minimum allowable limit.

However the truth of the matter is this, most drug users are incarcerated for crimes other than drug use. Basically their in jail for their methods of acquiring the funds to buy drugs.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Topazora on Mar 15, 2016, 04:16:05 PM
Just legalize it, that way the police can focus on actual criminals rather than pot heads.

Totally agree with this statement. And the fact that Marijuana is listed as a Schedule 1 drug by the Federal Government is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know why they haven't updated the laws. Keeping Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug makes it JUST as bad as meth or cocaine through the eyes of the Federal Government. State law is different but the FDA could still technically raid out any legally state funded marijuana dispensaries because of it being listed as a Schedule 1 drug.

Doesn't that seem so out of date and harsh for the way society is today? I'm surprised people in Congress and high standing positions of authority go along with the silly notion that Pot is actually bad for you  :laugh:

Show's you how ignorant out of touch government is.

Local Trouble

It's legal where I live.  ;D

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 21, 2017, 01:37:47 PM
It's legal where I live.  ;D

Where are you from Trouble?  :)

Local Trouble

California.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 21, 2017, 03:41:58 PM
California.

Nice!  ;D I'm from Illinois. It's medically legal here just not recreational yet. It won't be long until its recreational here though because we got the giant Democratic city of Chicago. 8)

Huntsman

Huntsman

Yes, it should be legal. It's way safer than alcohol.

Sabby

Sabby

I'd love to get access to recreational. Smoking sucks, and the quality of the weed is never certain. If I could get actually regulated, good quality weed, edibles and a vaporizer to inhale it without any smoke, I'd be on that so fast.

Not risking a criminal record to choke on something some Aussie bikeu gang dicks with in a shed.

Gate

Gate

Well it would be nice if it wasn't so illegal that the federal institutes can't even study it. We literally can't have all the verification that this is the God-drug for everyone's problems until its off of the Schedule 1 list.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm not a connoisseur, but I have friends who are and they say that the recreational stuff they get for reasonable prices at the dispensaries around here is top-notch and so much better than the crap they had to settle for when it was still illegal.

To be honest, this stuff is what mainly interests me now that it's legal...

http://hightimes.com/culture/10-little-known-uses-for-cbd/

FiorinaFury161

I am 100% for medical use. I am 100% not for recreational use (legally, that is). This a a double edged sword for me, many of my friends blaze and as a former recreational user myself (daily for nearly 10 years, but now 5 years sober from it) I can say my final battle really woke me up and I realized I MUST quit and there really is a reason why some cultures call it "The Demon Plant". I used to get the really, really strong and heavy THC content strains,, so one or two tokes and I was in another galaxy. I feel so much better since I quit, my lungs recovered in two years, and my brain has not worked this well since I was a bright child. Do I miss it/crave it? Every once in awhile it irks me, but I just think what happened during the final battle and that thought quickly goes away. The pain and feeling of my heart was a process I wish to never revisit or wish upon anyone.

Local Trouble

Then may I recommend alcohol?  It's perfectly legal for recreational use.

FiorinaFury161

Alcoholism runs in my family, I have to be extremely careful when I drink. If I drink on consecutive days, my body really wants to continue to the next day, and I have to deny it.

My biggest recreational activity is luxury designer clothing/accessories, so damned expensive. Just look at the last thing you bought thread :laugh:

Gate

Gate

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 01, 2017, 02:57:13 AM
Alcoholism runs in my family, I have to be extremely careful when I drink. If I drink on consecutive days, my body really wants to continue to the next day, and I have to deny it.

My biggest recreational activity is luxury designer clothing/accessories, so damned expensive. Just look at the last thing you bought thread :laugh:

My psoriasis flares up if I get too slammed. That's my safeguard LOL

juxtapose

juxtapose

i smoke occationally. .i use to smoke more drasticly at one point in my life..just because it was redibly available. .but it was never really the good stuff. .what we call in south africa as ''manjud''. .have no idea how to spell that. .but no. .pot is not very addictive. .unless u smoke it very often and u using the high grade stuff. .i have alot of buddies who smoke it regularly and always feel inclined to leave me with a little. .i enjoy it and smoke like once or twice a week. .but i hardly ever buy it anymore. .i am super addicted to cigarettes . .but pot does ten times more damage to your lungs and everyone who smokes it always claims it is so safe cause it comes from the earth. .well so does tobacco and every poisonous plant on the planet. .so i don't buy that shit story. .i will continue to smoke a joint every once in a while. .but don't spin that shit that it is harmless. .cause it's not !! I personally also find that it causes mood swings when i smoke it regularly. .it does more good than harm if i only smoke occationally. .. Bottom line. . .u can use it. .but don't abuse it. . .same with most substances. .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed