Ben Rigby Joins Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 15, 2016, 07:11:09 AM

Author
Ben Rigby Joins Alien: Covenant (Read 19,358 times)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 16, 2016, 07:16:35 PM
Enoch could you post this picture in the best pictures of Prometheus thread ??

Posted. :)

LordCassusSnow

I'm pretty sure that photo was taken as part of the hologram scene and not something that occurs after the events of the movie. I actually have that still saved from a while back. Think about it though, the engineers were wiped out at LV-223 2000 years ago. Ridley has stated that engineer tech changes as we go from the saucer-like craft at the beginning of Prometheus to the juggernaut ships at the end. So why wouldn't their suits change especially after 2000 years? Thats just silly. Also, why go back now? If the signal on LV-421 is a warning that there was an outbreak and to stay away, then why do the complete opposite and go anyway? Given the engineers went back to earth after the outbreak, i still dont see them returning to a site of extreme contamination and not turn off the warning signal after they got there. Especielly if there was some kind of civil war between the "faithful" engineers and the "rebels". I do agree that theres a creator though. Like a big Cthulu xeno god would be f**kin awesome!

Perfect-Organism

That pic was on the mural in Prometheus.  It was almost imperceptible in the film.

What's LV-421?

LordCassusSnow

Sorry i meant LV 426  ;D  ;D

Corporal Hicks

It isn't the Elder from the start of the film. It's just wearing a cape. There's no connection aside from that.

LordCassusSnow

When i saw this guys face i was like, well i think he could be an android! It would be interesting seeing David react to a newer model of droid though. Maybe David gets jealous of the new model and kills him? Or maybe he's a Weyland exec, or maybe even Weyland's next of kin?

T Dog

T Dog

Interview with Benjamin Rigby via Uncanny Valley forum people
http://if.com.au/2016/03/16/article/Australian-actor-Benjamin-Rigby-to-star-in-Ridley-Scotts-Alien-Covenant/LGQHCFJMGU.html#.VujX34Iv1r8.twitter

"I got an audition for this, and at the time I thought I'm not going to get this, it's bloody Ridley Scott. [But] It's usually the ones that you're not as invested in that you tend to get. I did that in October and I got a phone call in January, and I'd forgotten all about it".

The actor gets on a plane for Sydney this Friday to begin rehearsals - and meet Scott for the first time.

"I've read the whole script, and it's great, I really like it. I have a great character".

"I'd say it's a sizable role. It's a good plot device. My favourite roles to play are plot devices" (laughs).

Given that 'Alien' is back in the title, will the new film be a continuation of 2012's Prometheus or something different?

"Because there's an end result being the original Alien, it has to connect. People can expect similar things to happen, it is an Alien franchise [film]. It does translate. Obviously it's a completely different cast - Noomi isn't in it. I think it goes from the first to second one pretty fluidly".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Necronomicon II

Before his big gig he worked at Cinema Nova in Melbourne, Aus, he served me once ha.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2017, 06:32:57 AM
https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/views-from-the-edge-alien-covenant-actor-ben-rigby-on-the-brink-of-fame/?utm_source=idtwitteranz.

New interview with Ben. Fun read but nothing new.

Agree, nothing new but I like this part:

QuoteWas it a steep learning curve?
Working on a blockbuster film set was insanely eye opening. I've spent so many years producing indie theatre or acting in student or low budget short film projects, that I'm so used to creating or entering the character's world on a shoestring budget. Every aspect of Covenant was intricately detailed, from the props, to the make up, to the set or location. I was super impressed with how little green screen was used and how much was actually created for the life of the film. I could just do my job as an actor and not have to worry about anything else which was a massive change from anything I've ever known. I guess the biggest learning curve was letting my inner producer/micro manager go and allowing myself to be the actor on set.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed