Milford Sound (Official Location)

Started by Stolen, Mar 09, 2016, 07:42:52 PM

Author
Milford Sound (Official Location) (Read 29,935 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 10, 2016, 04:05:43 PM
I really love the contrast between the sense of wonder, and the sense of terror that the Alien films have an opportunity to explore.  This is really where Prometheus excelled.

I can't say Prometheus ever put across a sense of terror. It was a gorgeous looking film though. That Orrey scene is still one of my favourite visual scenes from the series.

I'd love to see Covenant put across both. I really want to have the terror return.

atlantis

atlantis

I hope so to... we need more Gigerscapes and beings  ..
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2016, 01:03:29 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 10, 2016, 11:53:10 AM
I wrote about this one month ago ;D

I believe you posted the Stuff.co.nz article. The tweet from Corbould is new and substantiates that article.  :)

Sutherland Falls near Milford Sound

Spoiler
[close]

Milford Sound

Spoiler

[close]

Those are some gorgeous places! I can't wait to see where they go with this. I still hope we get some truly Giger-esque locales as well. Thanks for the pictures!

Perfect-Organism

I think that we definitely need to see some Giger-scapes, but we could have a good lead-in to that which basically starts as paradise as WE envision it.  So we start off with beautiful New Zealand-type places which are in truth underpinned by a Gigeresque reality...

Stolen

Stolen

Sorry The Eighth Passenger and Enoch.  I had seen the news on the board, but I didn't know where it was and by whom.

@Corporal Hicks Thanks for the article.

I think this is the perfect place to represent Paradise. And we just talk about the surface of the planet.

Because I have a theory about the engineers, I think they're troglodytes. This is one reason why there will be big mountains in Covenant. Like Prometheus everything that represents engineers are in caves.

I hope (and I think) the caves will be original, may be giger-esque and impressive. Obviously everything will be shot in the studio.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 10, 2016, 07:00:58 PM
Sorry The Eighth Passenger and Enoch.  I had seen the news on the board, but I didn't know where it was and by whom.

No need to apologize Stolen. I just jokingly stated that we here at AVPG had already picked up the possibility of a New Zealand, South Island shoot long before Stuff.co.nz, Scified and News Hub New Zealand. I think the Corporal even had it on the news page back in early January as part of a different article.  :)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 10, 2016, 07:00:58 PM

@Corporal Hicks Thanks for the article.

I think this is the perfect place to represent Paradise. And we just talk about the surface of the planet.

Because I have a theory about the engineers, I think they're troglodytes. This is one reason why there will be big mountains in Covenant. Like Prometheus everything that represents engineers are in caves.

I hope (and I think) the caves will be original, may be giger-esque and impressive. Obviously everything will be shot in the studio.

That's spot on.  And it gives some solid reasoning for why the Deacon became a mountain in the comics...

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 10, 2016, 08:03:08 PM
No need to apologize Stolen. I just jokingly stated that we here at AVPG had already picked up the possibility of a New Zealand, South Island shoot long before Stuff.co.nz, Scified and News Hub New Zealand. I think the Corporal even had it on the news page back in early January as part of a different article.  :)

Well it was obvious after Globes... :) :P

AVP and Scified are both top sources for all kinds of informations about Alien and other SF movies!
Good work guys! ;D

Stolen

Stolen

Sir Ridley Scott's Alien film set for Fiordland?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/77946760/Sir-Ridley-Scotts-Alien-film-set-for-Fiordland

QuoteTe Anau resident Shevaun Taberner sent an email to some Te Anau residents from a contracting firm working with a film company but could not confirm if that agent was contracted to 20th Century Fox, or if the film in question was Alien:Covenant.

She said she had signed a confidentiality agreement and could not reveal any details.

The email says the film contractor is looking for 10-15 able-bodied people to help work the 10-hour days from April 6-14 and they must "happy with being told what to do".

Corporal Hicks

"happy with being told what to do"

Sounds like Ridley to me.  :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 07:03:56 AM
"happy with being told what to do"

Sounds like Ridley to me.  :P

Yes, Guv'nor!  :laugh:

Though isn't that the case with all jobs, to do what you're told to do?  ???

Corporal Hicks

Of course. I was just playing.  :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I know Corporal, just funny that they would advertise a job and then tell people that they would be expected to do what they're told.  :P

Not sure if you're aware of the controversial interview Ridley did with a British newspaper during Blade Runner's production which almost led to a total crew revolt as well as instigating the infamous T-shirt war?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 16, 2016, 01:09:19 PM
I know Corporal, just funny that they would advertise a job and then tell people that they would be expected to do what they're told.  :P

Apologises.  :laugh:

QuoteNot sure if you're aware of the controversial interview Ridley did with a British newspaper during Blade Runner's production which almost led to a total crew revolt as well as instigating the infamous T-shirt war?

I'm not particularly versed in Blade Runner, I'm afraid. Do you have a link?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 01:13:38 PM
I'm not particularly versed in Blade Runner, I'm afraid. Do you have a link?

QuoteTowards the end of principal photography on Blade Runner, an incident occurred which has become known as the T-shirt war. The majority of the crew didn't enjoy working on the film, and didn't like working for Ridley Scott, who they considered to be cold and distant. In an article in the British press, Scott commented that he preferred working with English crews because when he asked for something they would say, "Yes guv'nor" and go get it, but things weren't that simple with American crews. Makeup supervisor Marvin G. Westmore saw the article and was disgusted. In retaliation, he had t-shirts printed with "Yes gov'nor my ass!" on the front, and either "Will Rogers never met Ridley Scott" or "You soar with eagles when you fly with turkeys" on the back. In retaliation, Scott and several of his closer collaborators had t-shirts made with "Xenophobia sucks" on them.

So yeah, that job ad does indeed sound like Ridley Scott.  :laugh:

Stolen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed