Arnold in Talks!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 07, 2016, 01:34:13 AM

Author
Arnold in Talks! (Read 34,289 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Adrienne Brody does not have the presence to be an action hero. He seems more suited playing a villainous henchmen. He is way too small and wiry of a man to stand up to the Predator the way he did. You need big people like Terry Crews in these kinds of movies.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 15, 2016, 11:26:28 PM
Adrienne Brody does not have the presence to be an action hero. He seems more suited playing a villainous henchmen. He is way too small and wiry of a man to stand up to the Predator the way he did. You need big people like Terry Crews in these kinds of movies.

Danny Glover wasn't exactly mister Olympia either. So... Is he also more suited to a villainous henchmen role?

When it comes down to it. Muscle was never the reason Dutch survived his encounter with the Predator. It was his ingenuity and knowledge of the Jungle Hunter's weakness that helped. Even then he got his ass kicked in a purely pyshical confrontation. So I don't think you need muscle heads to star in these movies.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2016, 05:49:32 PM
I understand your line of thinking there. However, it hasn't stopped Arnie from being in some stinkers - looking at you Genisys!

Batman and Robin... Let's not forget Batman and Robin! Those ice puns! Ha ha ha ha!!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 16, 2016, 02:55:55 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2016, 05:49:32 PM
I understand your line of thinking there. However, it hasn't stopped Arnie from being in some stinkers - looking at you Genisys!

Batman and Robin... Let's not forget Batman and Robin! Those ice puns! Ha ha ha ha!!

Junior...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 15, 2016, 11:26:28 PMAdrienne Brody does not have the presence to be an action hero. He seems more suited playing a villainous henchmen. He is way too small and wiry of a man to stand up to the Predator the way he did. You need big people like Terry Crews in these kinds of movies.

As JungleHunter87 says, Danny Glover wasn't even slightly ripped in the second film. Brody was way bigger than him in Predators.

But muscles aren't important.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2016, 08:39:37 AM

As JungleHunter87 says, Danny Glover wasn't even slightly ripped in the second film. Brody was way bigger than him in Predators.

But muscles aren't important.

Muscles are sort of important because the stronger the man, the more he attracts the Predator (for hunt, you perverts).

It would be a bit insulting if any random scrawny guy defeated an alien who specializes in hunting dangerous life forms. It's insulting Danny Glover was able to defeat one. Hunting is what they do and you can't tell them not to quit their day job if they get killed by a nearly retired cop.

Almost everyone could have beaten up Glover in the movie, yet he defeats the monster, and it's not even on wit. It was a hand to hand combat. I don't care the Predator was shot several times and lost his arm, he still should have been able to kill him without a problem.

So I'd say muscles are important to portray that the human they're after is not an ordinary guy, but someone who's strong and able to fight.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A human being is perfectly capable of being dangerous and challenging without having Arnie's physique.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 09:52:23 AM
A human being is perfectly capable of being dangerous and challenging without having Arnie's physique.

Not one-on-one. Not even Arnold was able to win one-on-one.

I also have a problem with that yakuza guy in Predators killing a Predator in a sword fight.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Mar 16, 2016, 09:29:45 AMMuscles are sort of important because the stronger the man, the more he attracts the Predator (for hunt, you perverts).

It would be a bit insulting if any random scrawny guy defeated an alien who specializes in hunting dangerous life forms.

Have you ever seen real-life special forces soldiers? The guys in the SAS don't look anything like Dutch, or even Royce. Physique has almost zero bearing on whether you're a badass or not.

Quote from: overthere on Mar 16, 2016, 09:29:45 AMHunting is what they do and you can't tell them not to quit their day job if they get killed by a nearly retired cop.

:laugh: I think you're getting Harrigan confused with Murtaugh, there :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on Mar 16, 2016, 09:57:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 09:52:23 AM

Not one-on-one. Not even Arnold was able to win one-on-one.

Exactly the point.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 10:29:25 AM

Exactly the point.

But Harrigan wins in a one-on-one fight, when he's neither strong, skilled or witty at all.

Though, to be fair, the Predator did apparently win and only get killed because Harrigan pretended he's down and used the moment to slice him, but that shouldn't have happened either.

Master

Master

Why? Cause Preds are unsuprisable?  :D

overthere

overthere

They should be unbeatable when it comes to a one-on-one vs a human.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Mar 16, 2016, 10:53:01 AMBut Harrigan wins in a one-on-one fight, when he's neither strong, skilled or witty at all.

Based on what? As I said, he seems pretty skilled when he flanks and annihilates all those Colombians at the start of the film. The police were screwed until he showed up and turned the tables. And just because he isn't some enormous muscle-bound caricature like Arnie, that doesn't mean he isn't strong. I refer you to my earlier point regarding real-life special forces guys.

overthere

overthere

Any member of real life special forces shouldn't pose a problem for a Predator in a hand to hand fight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed