Arnold in Talks!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 07, 2016, 01:34:13 AM

Author
Arnold in Talks! (Read 34,291 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 15, 2016, 02:21:00 PMArnold should be in this.  Plain and simple.  Anyone who says otherwise you are over-thinking it AND you have a ton of other crappy Pred movies to be your guide.  AVP's, Predators....  They were C-level (Predators you can argue was "B"-level, some cool stuff).

Those films wouldn't have suddenly become better just because you put Arnie in them.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2016, 02:52:54 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 15, 2016, 02:21:00 PMArnold should be in this.  Plain and simple.  Anyone who says otherwise you are over-thinking it AND you have a ton of other crappy Pred movies to be your guide.  AVP's, Predators....  They were C-level (Predators you can argue was "B"-level, some cool stuff).

Those films wouldn't have suddenly become better just because you put Arnie in them.

Yes, they probably would.

Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 15, 2016, 02:21:00 PM
Arnold should be in this.  Plain and simple.  Anyone who says otherwise you are over-thinking it AND you have a ton of other crappy Pred movies to be your guide.  AVP's, Predators....  They were C-level (Predators you can argue was "B"-level, some cool stuff).  Pred and Pred 2 are legit movies.  You need to bring legitimacy back to this thing.   Not some campy comic-book-like irrationality. 

Arnold being old is no matter, if anything it brings a sense of REALITY back to the screen.  Also Arnold leading a pack of Preds is LOL.  No doubt he LOL'd at Rodriguez on that one and said "no thanks".

Shane Black knows the gameplan that got Pred to be legit and he's gonna get back to that gameplan. AKA Arnold.  And Arnold knows it too.

It's gonna happen and it's looooooooooooooong over due.  Can't wait to add "The Predator" to my movie shelf and finally toss AVP's to the garabage and move "Predators" to the bottom shelf.  It's pretty bad when my 10 year old loll's at the movies after Pred 1 and 2, asking after...."Why didn't Arnold come back?"

I am more and more leaning towards Arnold as a core element of the Predator franchise.  Perhaps that was the missing element all this time?  It's like doing a Terminator film focused on Cyberdyne, with no T-800 Arnold Terminator models.

I think a good angle would be if we see Arnold working for the CIA like Dylon was.  Somebody asks him if he's been pushing too many pencils, and he finds himself getting back into the jungle.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 15, 2016, 03:15:19 PMYes, they probably would.

OK, admittedly they might have been better. But they still wouldn't have been good.

You can put a few grams of gold in shite, but you've still got mostly shite at the end of the day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Admittedly, I'm really enjoy of all 3 of the Predator films, but the problems with Predator 2 and Predators lie a bit deeper than simply one cast member. Bear in mind both were already intended to feature Arnie anyway. In the case of Predator 2 we got Keyes instead, with Predators we had a lame ass ending sequence.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I actually really wish we'd got Arnie in the second film as originally planned. Not because I think the film needed it - I really like Predator 2 and consider it a pretty underrated movie - but because it would've been fun to see Arnie play a more villainous, perhaps psychologically damaged version of Dutch.

But having Arnie in Predators or the AVP films wouldn't have magically made them great films, because the cast either wasn't the main problem, or there were too many other issues on top of that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I dunno, not sure I'd trade crazy Busey for Arnold in that movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Busey was great and clearly went his own way with the role, but I just feel there was more potential in giving Arnie the part.

Especially if they'd given some of the character's earlier scenes to Adam Baldwin instead, then held Arnie back for the big reveal nearer the end. That would've been sweet.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Stay with me here guys.

The point of Arnold being in the film is "legitimacty".  As I stated before.  Arnold LOL'd at Rodriguez, wanting to "lead" a pack of Preds'.  Campy, comic book fodder save that for a different realm of entertainment (books, comics, video games etc...).

Which is the entire point.  Arnold would have never done AVP's and even LOL'd at Preds (the superior movie of the bunch) because he knew it was crap.  Hence putting him in it, would still be crap (as pointed out).

Him holding out AND at this point in his career (money is in the bank, Star is on the map) he can be selective.  So by virtue of him merely meeting with Shane Black (and I'm gonna say Black has a LEGIT non Comic-Book script ala the first pred) Arnold is already in the process of legitimizing this thing.

If Arnold agrees.  You can count on a good Pred (finally) movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I understand your line of thinking there. However, it hasn't stopped Arnie from being in some stinkers - looking at you Genisys!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Exactly. Arnie's done more than his fair share of naff films. And to be honest none of his films since his return to cinema have been especially exceptional.

overthere

overthere

For some reason he was only really picky about Predator movies. Maybe he only has a sense for what makes a good Predator movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not really. He was notoriously anti-sequel during the late 80s/early 90s. After Conan the Destroyer was so badly received he refused to do any sequels until Cameron came along with Terminator 2. It's the reason he wasn't in Predator 2 and it's also the reason Commando 2 never got made.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

And also wasn't he too busy being the Governator at some point which prevented him from being in Predators or something?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That wasn't until much later, during the 2000s.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
That wasn't until much later, during the 2000s.

I meant for the AvP's or Predators. I may be misremembering. I just recalled hearing he was meant to appear in one of the films he's well known being in for but his duties as governor got in the way. It might've been for Terminator 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed