Alien: Covenant Adds Four More to Cast!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2016, 04:40:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Adds Four More to Cast! (Read 23,720 times)

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2016, 09:50:55 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 25, 2016, 08:41:23 PM
Well maybe the budget is a bit more modest in order to secure that Hard R. And in order to do that the money has to be funneled into C list actors (not a comment on their abilities).
I know McBride, Waterson and Fassbender, none of the others.

Could be. What was Deadpool's budget? Around $60 million or so?

I've seen a $150 million figure bandied about for Alien: Covenant but with no traceable source so I don't even know if it's even a reliable estimate.
I'm not sure what the budget is. Prometheus was 130mil and they definitely wanted a PG-13 for that. Ridley being the businessman he is has probably taken a smaller budget in order to deliver an R. He's also a bloody master at green screen work so he can do a lot in studio without needing to go out to locations and do it in such a way the audience doesn't bat an eyelid.

david8

david8

Interesting choices, all up an interesting bunch, as someone already mentioned they are not big names which will prove to be non-distracting. Amy Seimetz was great in Upstream Colour; a very talented actress.

Mace-in-the-bum, calm your tits.

Gazz

But Alien: Covenant does have something that Prometheus didn't, and that's the ALIEN moniker. It's a franchise title with worldwide recognition and that'll buy them a few more bums in seats. With the R Rating, I expect a budget somewhere between The Martian ($108) and Prometheus ($130).

whiterabbit

f**k that. Fox is investing in a trilogy here. They either have to put down or shut up. No less than 150M for this film. This isn't a Prometheus movie anymore; it's ALIEN.

At least that is what I choose to believe. :P

Flexserve

Oh cool, no name cannon fodder.

T Dog

T Dog

I just read on collider that Billy Crudup is "in talks" too. Now he's a good actor. Played a great suit in Spotlight.

SpeedyMaxx

Jussie Smollett stars on Empire, one of the biggest shows in the U.S. He's not a no-name. Amy Seimetz does a shit-ton of arthouse work, including You're Next. And Carmen Ejogo played Coretta Scott King in Selma.

They're not unknowns, they're just not mega-stars. Same as most of the original series cast, or Rafe Spall, Noomi Rapace, Benedict Wong, Logan Marshall-Green, etc.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 01:55:00 AM
I just read on collider that Billy Crudup is "in talks" too. Now he's a good actor. Played a great suit in Spotlight.

I love this! I loved Watchman so much and Dr Manhattan is one of my favourite powered people in graphic and film format!

Alien³

Billy Crudup huh?

I smell an android!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2016, 08:03:44 AMI loved Watchman so much and Dr Manhattan is one of my favourite powered people in graphic and film format!

Glad I'm not the only one who liked Watchmen, no one else I know seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was amazing.

He was good as J. Edgar Hoover in Public Enemies, too. It was only a small part, but I always remember it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2016, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2016, 08:03:44 AMI loved Watchman so much and Dr Manhattan is one of my favourite powered people in graphic and film format!

Glad I'm not the only one who liked Watchmen, no one else I know seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was amazing.

It is quite easily one of my favourite films! I didn't like it the first time I saw it but then I read the graphic novel some many years later and rewatched the film and just fell in love with it.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2016, 08:03:44 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 01:55:00 AM

I love this! I loved Watchman so much and Dr Manhattan is one of my favourite powered people in graphic and film format!
I'm hoping he doesn't get the Patrick Wilson role of Prometheus. What a waste of great talent.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 10:53:01 AMI'm hoping he doesn't get the Patrick Wilson role of Prometheus. What a waste of great talent.

That was bizarre. The whole way through I kept waiting for him to show up in more flashbacks, but then he never did.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2016, 10:54:42 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 10:53:01 AMI'm hoping he doesn't get the Patrick Wilson role of Prometheus. What a waste of great talent.

That was bizarre. The whole way through I kept waiting for him to show up in more flashbacks, but then he never did.
I think that dream sequence is the most horrible visuals and acting (the kid) I've ever seen in a Ridley Scott movie.
It was bizarre casting indeed. There were a lot of very very questionable choices made in Prometheus......who the hell knows what was really going on. Maybe it was an entire movie of Ridley ideas such as the golden idea in the original Alien of "the alien kills Ripley and then talks in her voice" ending.

Infected

Infected

Yep four obvious kids for the grinder,
they probably roughly fit the discription of the characters in the story board so i think thats why they just pop up all four.
None of them look like they can tell a good story or make a difference (with all respect to them as actors)
but they sure will do fine by getting picked off like cookies in the jar.

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 26, 2016, 11:29:38 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2016, 10:54:42 AM

I think that dream sequence is the most horrible visuals and acting (the kid) I've ever seen in a Ridley Scott movie.
It was bizarre casting indeed. There were a lot of very very questionable choices made in Prometheus......who the hell knows what was really going on. Maybe it was an entire movie of Ridley ideas such as the golden idea in the original Alien of "the alien kills Ripley and then talks in her voice" ending.
While you are saying that it comes to my mind it looked like they already casted and contracted the Patrick Wilson guy,
and with Lindelof at it and Ridley its like they both had a separate story and they made one together and mashed it all up in the end because the studio needed an answer and a direction because time was running out,
and therefor we got so many different shit in Prometheus and different cuts,
like the cargo bay part with Fifield, one with Rapace in it and one without her.
Then the ending they just easily took out Vickers in the most lame possible way ever, then the engineer shots,
the talking of the engineer to Weyland, the engineer falling victim to the squid, with a burned face and without a burned face.
i think they both had so much material and both thought "mine is better" that they had a little argument over it,
oh yeah and something about Spaihts ;)
But Prometheus is the baby who looks so beautiful and is so entertaining but during its lifespan it gets addicted to drugs and loses its potential.
Because lets face it Prometheus could be soooooo much more after all these years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed