Alien: Covenant Adds Four More to Cast!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2016, 04:40:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Adds Four More to Cast! (Read 23,691 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alien: Covenant Adds Four More To Cast! Following on from this week’s earlier announcement that Demian Bichir was joining the cast of Alien: Covenant, Deadline is now reporting that an additional four have been added to the cast of Sir Ridley Scott’s upcoming Prometheus sequel:.

“Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant is in the process of rounding out it main cast ahead of production, which is now being eyed to start next month. Jussie Smolett, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo and Callie Hernandez have signed on to a cast that already features Micahel Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Demian Bichir and Danny McBride.

Alien: Covenant Adds Four More To Cast! From left to right: Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smolett and Callie Hernandez

Alien: Covenant Adds Four More To Cast! From left to right: Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smolett and Callie Hernandez

Smolett plays Jamal Lyon on Fox's hit primetime soap Empire which is in the middle of its second season. He's repped by CAA and Vince Cirrincione and Associates.

Seimetz (Upstream Color) is co-creator of Starz's upcoming The Girlfriend Experience and wrote and directed half of the episodes in Season 1 in addition to her supporting role. She's repped by WME and One Entertainment.

Ejogo played Coretta Scott King in last year's Oscar Best Picture nominated Selma and is up next in Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. She's repped by ICM Partners.

Hernandez (Machete Kills) recently wrapped shooting Damien Chazelle's La La Land at Lionsgate opposite Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. She is repped by CAA and Management 360.”

As with Demian Bichir’s announcement there are no character names or details available yet but keep watching this space!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interesting... not exactly household names any of these actors.

Wonder how significant their roles will be or will they just be redshirts?

HuDaFuK

Not exactly familiar with any of them, although I recognize Hernandez from her work with Rodriguez.

Corporal Hicks

I really like that I don't know who they are. I wont get distracted by big names. As I remember it, at the time of Alien's release other than Skerritt the cast was relatively unknown too.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah me too. Bit surprising given Scott's recent Mohammad so-and-so comment about Hollywood's reluctance to cast unknown lead actors in big budget films.

Though I suspect they'll probably drop in a big name or two yet.

Stolen

Really interisting choice.

The paradise will be a f**king hell, I'm so excited!

Darkness

That Callie Hernandez looks an awful lot like Kristen Stewart from the Twilight movies.

Corporal Hicks

I thought so to. Thankfully she isn't!

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2016, 06:56:34 PM
Yeah me too. Bit surprising given Scott's recent Mohammad so-and-so comment about Hollywood's reluctance to cast unknown lead actors in big budget films.

Though I suspect they'll probably drop in a big name or two yet.
Well maybe the budget is a bit more modest in order to secure that Hard R. And in order to do that the money has to be funneled into C list actors (not a comment on their abilities).
I know McBride, Waterson and Fassbender, none of the others.

mace-in-the-face

Well, this is certainly going the way of a video store shelf-filler movie in a hurry.

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Oh mace...

whiterabbit

Yea, I have no idea who any of these people are but I hope they become famous for good reasons.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 25, 2016, 08:41:23 PM
Well maybe the budget is a bit more modest in order to secure that Hard R. And in order to do that the money has to be funneled into C list actors (not a comment on their abilities).
I know McBride, Waterson and Fassbender, none of the others.

Could be. What was Deadpool's budget? Around $60 million or so?

I've seen a $150 million figure bandied about for Alien: Covenant but with no traceable source so I don't even know if it's even a reliable estimate.

Gazz

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 25, 2016, 09:12:12 PM
Well, this is certainly going the way of a video store shelf-filler movie in a hurry.

In the real world, this is shaping out to be a nice cast!

Astronoë

Astronoë

At first I thought one of them was Michelle Rodriguez, and then I thought about her in the movie resident evil, kick-ass character

omg lazerz r ewul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvQpcmqBtw

Doesn't the predator haf an advantage with his laser gun? Seals xenomorph wounds, no acid spill, shouldn't the silly humans do that as well?...but I suppose projectile weapons never go out of style for some reason...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed