Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 07:10:17 PM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score (Read 16,838 times)

future_Tarzan³

whiterabbit

I was searching around youtube for this guys music but are there any "prime" examples of his work that I should be listening too? I mean the stuff from prometheus and MGS2 was kinda ok but... meh, not really feeling it. First it is that Danny McBride guy and now this guy? I've avoided the McBride thread because he looks like a joke and I don't want a joker in mah aliens.

BonesawT101

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2DOLrWDYKw       This is the track I mentioned earlier, 'Stomach Op' from the Martian OST. I can absolutely imagine something like this in Alien: Covenant

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 17, 2016, 03:26:34 AMOh boy, another no-name added to this project!

:laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

I've never actually heard any of his work. So this should be interesting. Its always good hearing (for me) new composers on big films

dallevalle

Harry scoring Alien Covenant Im cool with that !

XENOMORPHOSIS

This is great to hear he may be back to compose Alien Covenant, though I must say I'd be curious to hear a composer like Christopher Young, Marco Beltrami, Danny Elfman or Michael Giacchino provide their style of music to an Alien movie, evoke the atmospheric eeriness that Jerry Goldsmith (RIP) & James Horner (RIP) provided to the first two Alien films.

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2016, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 17, 2016, 08:43:37 AM
Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 17, 2016, 03:26:34 AMOh boy, another no-name added to this project!

Maceface is evidently not the sharpest pencil in the box.  :laugh:

So I am an idiot for pointing out that a seasoned director is going with a no-name composer.

Xenomorphine

He's not a 'no-name'. Has got plenty of credits.

Don't regard him being responsible for any particularly memorable pieces of music, but that's another issue.

NickisSmart

I always liked this piece, by him:

Gazz

His Kingdom of Heaven score is a triumph.

Corporal Hicks

Let's refrain from the insults please, 8th. Thanks.

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 17, 2016, 10:27:04 PM

So I am an idiot for pointing out that a seasoned director is going with a no-name composer.

And he is by no means a no-name. He has done plenty of work as has been pointed out.

mace-in-the-face

He did the soundtrack to "The Rock". What more can I say.

HuDaFuK

No, Hans Zimmer and Nick Glennie-Smith did the soundtrack to The Rock. Gregson-Williams merely produced it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed