The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 35,995 times)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 08:18:05 AM

Nowhere that I've seen. And really there's no reason to. All the Predator films are largely independent of each other and don't build upon any sort of central continuity. If The Predator neither acknowledges or does anything to "wipe off" the other sequels like Predators' approach, I'll be happy.

What?

All Pred sequels so far acknowledge the first.

Corporal Hicks

They reference back to Predator but they're still independent of each other.

Master

Exactly. You can watch  every one of them separatly without any confusion.

jussumdude

jussumdude

I can't believe they wouldn't make a predators civil war movie, big vs little. The smaller preds bring in servivors from past encounters for help. I know i'd like to see something along those lines. It would def make some good scenes at the beginning of the movie watching the humans get abducted, a little light humor to start it off.

Master

I wouldn't want to see it  :-\

whiterabbit

How about this for an Idea. A rouge Predator decides to hunt off limit prey, like a troop of boy scouts. This angers the elders and they send in another Predator to take him out. You know, some good old predator on predator violence. That stuff that happened in Predators doesn't count.

I suppose it could also feature an escape Predator that is so dangerous that a commando team of Predators is sent after him. Of course people get in the way of the hunt. :P

KiramidHead

Well since we're posting story ideas... ;D

Spoiler
How about a group of Predators discover an Engineer outpost and get exposed to the black goo, leading to mutations and shit, then a bunch of space marines led by Bruce Willis and still alive Hicks show up and flamethrower the shit out of them, with Willis shouting "Yippe-ki-yay, motherf**ker!" as they burn.
Spoiler
I'm joking, of course. ;)
[close]
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
After the events of Predator, Dutch invents a spaceship and travels to the pred homeworld ( it takes awhile so he is old man Arnold when he arrives ) once there he starts hunting preds until he is eventually beaten by the most worthy opponent. The title "The predator" actually refers to Dutch. He wears a suit that blocks all pred vision hence the tag "you'll never see him coming"
[close]

Or maybe not... :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 20, 2016, 04:07:51 AM
Spoiler
After the events of Predator, Dutch invents a spaceship and travels to the pred homeworld ( it takes awhile so he is old man Arnold when he arrives ) once there he starts hunting preds until he is eventually beaten by the most worthy opponent. The title "The predator" actually refers to Dutch. He wears a suit that blocks all pred vision hence the tag "you'll never see him coming"
[close]

Bwahahaha that could actually work. Take the fight to their home world.

Or perhaps the military gets smart enough to start capturing the predators so they can probe them for information.

skull-splitter

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 20, 2016, 04:07:51 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Just... No.

overthere

This is why we need professional writers.

whiterabbit

Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2016, 12:06:55 PM
No offense but the guys that are professional writes haven't exactly written shit all that great either. Nor have they com up with any decent ideas. It must be hard to be a writer.

overthere

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 20, 2016, 01:15:10 PM
Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2016, 12:06:55 PM
No offense but the guys that are professional writes haven't exactly written shit all that great either. Nor have they com up with any decent ideas. It must be hard to be a writer.

True

Master

What's up with Thomas brothers?

Original Predator

I'm gonna make a "call" on this.

Arnold will be in it.

The silence from both parties regarding "The Predator" makes me think Arnold will be in it, some-way, somehow. 

Shane Black was in the movie with Arnold.  Respects him, knows the magic that happened in the first one is STILL unbeatable to this day how many years later.  If Black is not negotiating, and/or begging for Arnold to at least appear in this film then...

Connecting dots, I believe Black was waiting for Arnold to have a "clean" slate.  Arnold is done with "Maggie" and "Terminator" and "478" is in post production.  His other two titles are "announced" but have no actual timeline yet.  So his schedule should be "clear" in terms of shooting this.

I'd be shocked...and wrong for that matter.

But my gut is telling me it's gonna happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed