Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 32,186 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

SM, think there'll be another series before Life & Death & Defiance? They are both looking like they will finish around March-April 2017. I need reassurance that our dealer is reliable.

Prez

Prez

I'm enjoying Andrea Mutti's artwork (bar the rough Xeno designs) in this Prometheus run but dammit those pulse rifles whilst nicely drawn are a tad too small in scale.

Nit picking.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

One small thing that bothered me about this series is that
Spoiler
the Predator and Engineer dialog is written in the same font and style of word balloons as the human speech. With Fire and Stone, all the alien languages (including the four-armed aliens Ahab fights) got their own fonts, so they looked unique and alien. I don't overly mind Ahab's dialog being reduced to clicks and clacks, but I was taken aback to see the Engineer going "Uff" and things in regular font. I liked the Engineer script we got in Predator: Fire and Stone.
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 17, 2016, 07:30:42 PM
One small thing that bothered me about this series is that
Spoiler
the Predator and Engineer dialog is written in the same font and style of word balloons as the human speech. With Fire and Stone, all the alien languages (including the four-armed aliens Ahab fights) got their own fonts, so they looked unique and alien. I don't overly mind Ahab's dialog being reduced to clicks and clacks, but I was taken aback to see the Engineer going "Uff" and things in regular font. I liked the Engineer script we got in Predator: Fire and Stone.
[close]

Speech bubbles design, typography, grammar and placement is an extremely detailed art within itself that most of us completely overlook.

happypred

happypred

Why is Ahab still trying to fist fight Engineers...

The old-timer doesn't seem to have learned his lesson

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2016, 02:34:33 AM
Mike Richardson
Randy Stradley
Mark Nelson

There's also another Mark mentioned as having written the script. Verheiden? Is this simply a throwback to Book One or is it something new?

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2016, 08:40:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2016, 02:34:33 AM
Mike Richardson
Randy Stradley
Mark Nelson

There's also another Mark mentioned as having written the script. Verheiden? Is this simply a throwback to Book One or is it something new?

Yea I'm pretty sure you're right it's Verheiden. Didn't they name a character that in the AVP movie as well? Nice when they acknowledge the writers from the beginning.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, scarface in AVP was called Mark Verheiden.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I thought so. Just couldn't remember if it was just the last name used or the full name on the character.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Only his last name is said in the film, but the credits give his first name as Mark.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Ah ok. I haven't popped the movie in for quite a while. It's not one that gets watched very often in my collection :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Understandable.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Finally got issue #4 and its more of the same. Underwhelming to say the least and the art is just not working for me. Now its on to Aliens L&D, not much hope going into the at arc.

Crossing my fingers that AvP is good.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Brian Thies will be providing art for the final one-shot issue!
Prometheus: Life and Death One-Shot - April 26
Spoiler

QuoteDan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), David Palumbo (Cover), and Sachin Teng (Variant cover)

On sale Apr 26

FC, 48 pages

$5.99

One-shot

The surviving Colonial Marines on the planet LV-223 face a final battle with an injured and enraged Engineer—and, somewhere out in space, three trapped humans seek to change the course of the Engineer's ship . . . and possibly the history of humanity!

The final installment of the Life and Death saga!
[close]

I'm banking on
Spoiler
an open ending that ends with Foster and Singer in control of the Juggernaut, segueing into an inevitable sequel.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 25, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
Brian Thies will be providing art for the final one-shot issue!

That suits me just fine. I dig Thies' artwork. And another AlienDay release too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed