Do yourselves a favor....

Started by mace-in-the-face, Feb 09, 2016, 01:23:49 PM

Author
Do yourselves a favor.... (Read 11,001 times)

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

Don't play Colonial Marines after just completing a bender of playing Alien Isolation. The difference in gameplay quality will make you vomit.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Feb 09, 2016, 01:23:49 PM
Don't play Colonial Marines after just completing a bender of playing Alien Isolation. The difference in gameplay quality will make you vomit.

Honestly though, ACM is way funner to play with friends. The Bughunt DLC and some of the campaign missions were great. Yeah its not as glamourous and authentically scary as Alien Isolation but as a co-op game and as being a big fan, Aliens Colonial Marines ain't all that bad.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 09, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
Honestly though, ACM is way funner to play with friends. The Bughunt DLC and some of the campaign missions were great. Yeah its not as glamourous and authentically scary as Alien Isolation but as a co-op game and as being a big fan, Aliens Colonial Marines ain't all that bad.

Sure, it can be fun, but it's still a failure as an Aliens game because they really screwed up the biggest part - the Aliens. Even going back playing AvP 2010, the difference is night and day.

The Alien AI in AvP is light-years ahead of anything in Colonial Marines, even the lurkers. Every single Alien in AvP has excellent pathfinding and will almost always try and attack you from an indirect angle. The survivor mode is insane because after awhile, you just start getting hit and you can hardly even see what's hitting you as the Aliens do fly-by swipes and come at you from the walls and roof.

They also react to fire, and jump away into cover if they get it.

It's really quite amazing the AI that Rebellion pulled off, and makes Colonial Marines look even more the sorry shit it is.

If you took the Aliens from AvP and stuck them into the A:CM Bug Hunt mode, you'd almost have the perfect Aliens game.

mace-in-the-face

Seriously though, Colonial Marines is so bad that I can literally run through most missions and not get injured or killed.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Someone did a playthrough where they literally sprinted the entire game.

It has so many glitches.

And man do I hate the story. Everytime I play the game I get more and more annoyed by the characters.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 10, 2016, 06:42:15 AM
Someone did a playthrough where they literally sprinted the entire game.

It has so many glitches.

And man do I hate the story. Everytime I play the game I get more and more annoyed by the characters.

Yeah if its the one thing that bothers me the most about ACM is the glitches. I've never seen a game that was so damn glitchy. I was trying to play ACM with my girl the other night and it was so f**king glitchy that we almost had to end the game because are sites couldn't lock on to anything worth a crap.

mace-in-the-face

This game was my Duke Nukem Forever. I waited like 10 years for this game; ever since they announced and shit-canned it for the Playstation 2. What a letdown.

dallevalle

dallevalle

in my eyes aliens and alien are both 2 fun games to play.

if you want the horror play alien isolation

if you want braindead action play colonial mariens.

both are a win win in my book.

predxeno

predxeno

It's pretty clear that A:CM was meant to play with multiple people online rather than solo on singleplayer.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 20, 2016, 05:38:00 AM
It's pretty clear that A:CM was meant to play with multiple people online rather than solo on singleplayer.

Yeah that becomes obvious when you play SP and find out that its a terrible and broken game with a story so dumb my brain almost melted out of my ears.

John Stevens

John Stevens

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 17, 2016, 03:04:42 PM
in my eyes aliens and alien are both 2 fun games to play.

if you want the horror play alien isolation

if you want braindead action play colonial mariens.

both are a win win in my book.
like the man said
ACM for Aliens shoot em up and
ALIEN ISOLATION for shitting you pants terror.

I still play acm nearly everday
AI when i have time to really concentrate.
Got ai on day one and just now got into the stations coms tower.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed