Punisher (Netflix Series)

Started by ace3g, Jan 16, 2016, 09:05:51 PM

Author
Punisher (Netflix Series) (Read 4,907 times)

Sabby

Sabby

The show sprang up on my Netflix with no warning. Not a single ad. I remember Luke Cage was plastered all over everything before it was released, but this snuck up without a word.

Binged it. Excellent show. Best Marvel Netflix Original since season 1 of Daredevil.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm liking the show a lot so far. I could do with less of Micro's family and Frank being a DIY wizard, though. And it's kind of odd that a Punisher series has so little punishing of street crime in it.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 18, 2017, 08:32:22 PM
I'm liking the show a lot so far. I could do with less of Micro's family and Frank being a DIY wizard, though. And it's kind of odd that a Punisher series has so little punishing of street crime in it.

I kind of liked that he had a bigger target from the beginning and didn't purposefully go after low level thugs.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Sabby on Nov 18, 2017, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 18, 2017, 08:32:22 PM

I kind of liked that he had a bigger target from the beginning and didn't purposefully go after low level thugs.

It's not bad by any means, just different. And he did go after military guys in the MAX comics, but that was old, grizzled Frank, who had been offing  bad guys for years. His family also wasn't tied into it.

And HOLY f**k EPISODE 12... :o

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I like it a lot so far, only on episode 10 though. Now while I like it, there's a lot that needs work. I like my Frank going after the mob, human trafficking rings, hell even low level drug dealers, not super secret government black ops. I'm hoping season two is a mix of
Spoiler
Billy Russo/Jigsaw
[close]
and Franks war against organized crime, a hyper violent war at that. I'm not a comic guy in any sense of the word, but I can tell you that I own and have read the entire MAX series multiple times, and seeing one of those adapted would be great. The Slavers adapted would be very dark but very enjoyable.

Spoiler
I swear to god if this big goofy homicidal bastard isn't in the show with his "f**k You" grills at some point I'll lose my shit
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished it just now. It was overall pretty great, and while the military conspiracy wouldn't be the first thing I'd jump to when making a Punisher show, it worked fairly well. And it gave us episode seven, which was more or less a Metal Gear Solid level in live action... plus the first appearance of Altair's hidden blade lol. Frank and Micro's rapport was great, and the villains were solid. They took two characters who weren't much in the comics and made them more memorable.

Spoiler
This might be my favorite version of Billy Russo/Jigsaw. In the comics he's the biggest, whiniest bitch ever, who has the reputation as Frank's Joker without really earning it. Here, there's a lot more to his character, and his love/hate relationship with Frank helps immensely.
[close]

Hopefully the Gnuccis are back in force in Season 2.

Flaws: I think episodes 2-4 could have moved along a lot faster, streamlining Frank teaming up with Micro, and the subplot with the latter's family reduced somewhat. That would have helped get to the action a lot faster, too.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm just three episodes in, i like it so far. I'm taking my time with this one, don't want to binge watch it.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

I love this. Even if the tone doesn't really fit the rest of the Marvel Television Universe, I really dig the slow pace and the brutal grit of it. Still 7 episodes to go.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Just finished. Loved it. Good character development (Micro & Curtis were interesting and touching), great acting from everyone. The story builds up slowly but it was for the better in the end.

Samus007

Samus007

Excellent series! One of Netflix's best by far! :)

Sabby

Sabby

I was literally cringing (in a good way) through most of that final fight scene.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Wweyland

Wweyland

I watched Jessica Jones to the end but was put off by the quality of the other Netflix Marvel shows. Taking direction from the MAX series is a good way forward I think.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 09, 2018, 02:58:20 PM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/punisher/the-punisher-season-2-character-breakdowns-point-to-the-show-adapting-the-slavers-storyline-a157730

The Slavers was my favorite storyline from the MAX series. I hope they can do it justice.

Now I'm wondering how they plan to fit O'Brien and Barracuda into that. And bringing Madani back (for some reason) on top of that.

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed