Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention

Started by Keyes, Jan 14, 2016, 07:46:58 PM

Author
Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention (Read 56,331 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 19, 2016, 12:13:01 AMThis is my point exactly.  Tom hardy just carries himself so differently from film to film that you sometimes don't remember that he was in a film.  He's like a chameleon..

To be fair, you couldn't tell who anyone was in Black Hawk Down... That's why they resorted to writing their names on their helmets ;D

Maybe it's just because I'm British, but I never have trouble spotting Tom Hardy in roles. That said, he is a wonderful actor. Saw Legend last night, where he plays both of the Kray twins. Great film!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 10:31:25 PMHe was in Black Hawk Down? I don't remember that.

He's the guy who gets deafened by the other Ranger firing his machine gun too close to his head.

Corporal Hicks

Man, I need to watch that film again. I haven't seen it in years. I always thought that was either McGregor or Ewen Bremner. That said, I remember that filming having just about everyone in it.

I do like Hardy though. I think he'd bring weight to a roll but not be too much of a "distracting" big name.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's a great movie. Not much of a story and very sanitised with regards to being nice to the American military command, but one hell of an intense ride. I have some mates in the army who've said it's the most accurate depiction of modern urban combat they've seen in a film, in terms of just how chaotic and intense it is.

Coincidentally, the book is one of the best I've ever read. Unlike most military non-fiction the guy actually writes it like a novel, so it's a thrilling read instead of just a list of facts.

Giger Beast

I just realized that Katherine Waterson is in 'Steve Jobs' alongside Fassbender. Looks like I've gotta watch this now to see what their chemistry is like.

Can anyone who's seen 'Steve Jobs' tell me how they were together?

Stolen

Ridley Scott on Covenant and Franchise Alien

@21:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInLxITvRBo

Enoch

Enoch

So we ll have our answers... Good! ;D
But knowing Ridley, those answers are going to be some philosophical
puzzle... ::) and I m very much looking forward to see that puzzle!

P.S. Thanks for video, Stolen.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the video, Stolen. He keeps saying these comments about who made the Alien. I'd thought that was the point of Prometheus. I wonder if it's going to be some complete backstep on Prometheus.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Stolen on Feb 27, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
Ridley Scott on Covenant and Franchise Alien

@21:20

Thanks for posting that.

I've transcribed the Alien part here.
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/ridley-talking-about-alien-in-behind.html

BonesawT101

Is he referring to the alien itself wen he says about 'its been used up'? I hope not, because I was under the impression this was actually going to be an Alien film this time around.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 28, 2016, 08:15:48 PM
Is he referring to the alien itself wen he says about 'its been used up'? I hope not, because I was under the impression this was actually going to be an Alien film this time around.

I have some kind of confirmation by someone very close to the production... Ridley thinks that the idea of Alien running around and killing the crew of the ship is used up... so thats what he thought when he said that... He now wants to explore the origin of the creature (thats 100% confirmed and we know that), and its purpose. From what I know and I would never lie that I have some great infos about the story, Ridley will introduce someone/something new in this one (and that creature will play some kind of role in the future movies), and the ultimate story of Xeno will be intertwined with the stories of human creation, Engineers and Davids story also! This is not too much but at least we know that Ridley isnt going to make a movie about Alien chasing humans and killing all except last human survivor... Someone I know asked Wayne Haag about the number of the cast via private mail but he wont reply  :(

One more thing we can speculate from what Ridley said is that
David is going to have some major part in the whole story... Everything else is not so certan...

From video Stolen posted:
Now we go to the next one, the next one is who made it (Xeno) and why, and I'm not
going to tell you, and why will be explained

From that we can speculate that te ultimate creator of Xeno is someone new... 
Engineers in that case did not created Xeno and black goo! So here we come to the murals with Engineer and the kneeling (sleeping) creature with the beak. To me that mural represent the act of Engineers sneaking and stealing something from that creature (maybe black goo which is in fact the blood of that creature)... Next mural shows that same creature holding the well known egg... So we can make a presumtion that creature with the beak (kneeling creature) created egg to punish Engineers, or something like that... Of course all this are my presumptions but something like that could be true...  If we analyse deacon mural we can see that the Xeno-like creature (Deacon) is in fact chained... so we can make more presumptions from that, but its best to wait the movie and see!

So Ridley wants to lift entire Xenomorph story to greater dimension. He began that process with Prometheus, but was a bit hesitant to answer question about Xeno and its origins. Now he wants to answers some questions, but I myself think that he is going to end the  third movie with a major mystery and that would be something about crashed juggernaut and Ripley... :o They wanted to "distance"  from original Alien story but not from Alien itself! :-* :-* So, no more cat and mouse story in a traditional way. This is 100% confirmed info! We shall see all the horror, but there is now a bigger story revolving! And those stories are: Xeno and its purpose, human creation, motif of god and of life and death, exploration of David's character (maybe he would become major antagonist or even ultimate protagonist and we know that androids are Ridley's constant obsession! Remember David's sentance about parents and scene with hologram in which he holds holographic Earth!), they will explore why Engineers wanted to destroy something they created...maybe humans are ultimate threat...

Spoiler

[close]

Xenoscream

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 29, 2016, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 28, 2016, 08:15:48 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Really interesting that in the wall / shrine in the bottom left and right corners you can see the old facehugger from Giger's original pyramid mural. Never noticed that before.

Enoch

Enoch

Oh... you can notice many more ;D ;D :o :o

Spoiler

there is even more ;D
[close]

I tried to analyse this photo showing the scene that wasn't in the movie at all...
but it still is a great mystery to me:

Spoiler

We can certanly tell that those two Engineers with robes (same from the beginning of the movie)
came there after all the events that led to Engineers mass death on LV-223...
We can see holes in the pods and thats what the first Engineer looks at with interest...
Great mystery to me... [/SPOLIER]
[close]

Infected

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 01, 2016, 05:31:33 PM
Oh... you can notice many more ;D ;D :o :o

Spoiler

there is even more ;D
[close]

I tried to analyse this photo showing the scene that wasn't in the movie at all...
but it still is a great mystery to me:

Spoiler

We can certanly tell that those two Engineers with robes (same from the beginning of the movie)
came there after all the events that led to Engineers mass death on LV-223...
We can see holes in the pods and thats what the first Engineer looks at with interest...
Great mystery to me... [/SPOLIER]
[close]
I can even see Frieza and King Cold in that door mural!!!!
No it cant be? can it? ;)

So much beautiful mystery, and we had so little in Prometheus :(

T Dog

Is this a real photo or a photoshop. Did they actually film the robed Engineers inside the spacecraft?

Corporal Hicks

It's a genuine BTS shot. It's for the hologram scene where David watches them all in the Orrey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed