Possible new weapons/gadgets for avp-r?

Started by Ballzanya, Sep 12, 2007, 11:00:17 AM

Author
Possible new weapons/gadgets for avp-r? (Read 596 times)

Ballzanya

"In Alien vs Predator - Requiem The Scatter gun is part of the Plasma Caster it is a last resort hand-held plasma gun that fires a net of energy out to a long range. The weapon is, unfortunately, very clumsy, taking up a hand which can be replaced by melee weapons. Most prefer the shoulder mounted plasma caster. "

from wikipedia. Pretty much confirming that this is what dallas uses, so it must have some kind of triggering mechanism. (but then again, this was known for the most part anyway)
The term "scatter gun" also seems familiar, as I think its referenced in Aliens vs predator: War.

And then there's this:

"Sonic trap: Used to make loud noise and temporarily paralyze an enemy or prey. "

Maybe this is indeed related to the red lazers seen in the sewer scene. The two aliens may be partially subdued by it allowing wolf to take control of the situation. Apparently its from Predator: Concrete Jungle.

Corporal Hicks

It's not wise to take Wiki info as concrete. I haven't seen anything called the Scattergun since the CCG. Is it in any of the comics that I can't remember?

Ballzanya

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2007, 11:01:49 AM
It's not wise to take Wiki info as concrete. I haven't seen anything called the Scattergun since the CCG. Is it in any of the comics that I can't remember?

Well i know, its able to be user-edited. But if true, is worthy info. If not, then its discarded. simple as that.
Aliens vs predator:war references "naginatas, as well as "scatter guns".

Daweism

Interesting sonic trap. 

Ballzanya

Quote from: Daweism on Sep 12, 2007, 11:05:13 AM
Interesting sonic trap. 

yes, but keep in mind, it was not attached to avp-r, but my own speculation due to the "paryalyzing prey" part. Would indeed explain how he can try to take on two aliens at the same time.

Daweism

Or maybe he is just bad ass and did it anyways.

Corporal Hicks

I'd rather go with sonic trap. I think Scarface uses to them in CJ to stun Aliens. I'm just gonna go check War.

ShadowPred

i knew that that was what the lasers were!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed