Trying to mod sound files

Started by ehudz, Dec 23, 2015, 12:20:27 PM

Author
Trying to mod sound files (Read 3,879 times)

ehudz

ehudz

Hello.
I've been trying to replace the SP's predator distraction sounds, which I've already edited and prepared, all while trying to follow the modding guide in the forum. ( http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34432.0 )
However, I can't seem to get over a few steps. Some links are dead. I tried googling to find what's needed by myself, like QuickBMS, the Asura script, Asura Engine Extractor, so I did. I followed step 2 to the letter, after which it says "After the process has been completed, QuickBMS will ask you to keep or delete a TEMPORARY_ FILE. Do not delete it."
I receive no such message, and I see no Temporary file. I checked QuickBMS' readme and noticed that the latest version deletes said file automatically. So I downloaded an older version before this "fix" was applied. And I still don't get any message about a temporary file, nor the file itself.
Also, the Asura Engine Extractor I downloaded doesn't seem to have a function for "Export Chunk". (the link in the mod guide for Asura Engine Extractor is dead, I had to google to find it. (this is where I downloaded it from http://www.terrybutler.co.uk/tools/asura-engine-extractor )
I already know in which archive are the files I wanna replace are located, Aliens vs Predator\Envs\Jungle\P01_Jungle.en
but I can't seem to find a way to go through the guide in how to create a custom made archive to put in the Misc folder.
Anyone managed to mod the game recently?

Been planning on replacing the distraction sounds of the predator in singleplayer to some recordings from the movies, like the "over here" from Pred 1, or "help me!" from Predators 2010.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Here are the QuickBMS and Asura files from the guide http://www.filedropper.com/avpmod
And where exactly is your problem in creating the archive?

ehudz

ehudz

Now that you gave me this link, I have somewhat less of a problem, as I didn't have the Asura Engine Extractor you gave me here, so thank you!
However, my remaining problem is that I still don't get a prompt in QuickBMS about a TEMPORARY_FILE and I honestly don't know where it is. It just says "press any key to close" upon completion.
Edit: Also, I'm extracting from an .en archive, so I noticed the note that no Temporary file is needed and tried to open the file directly with Asura Engine Extractor. There's a problem there, too. I see a long list of files, but I went over every single one and the file I know to be there, isn't showing. Also, in a certain part, all files appear to be nameless, so I can't tell which is what I'm looking for.

The files I'm looking for are supposed to be in Sounds\Speech\en\AI\Pred_Distract\ which is located in P01_Jungle.en. But when viewing on Extractor, it's not there.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Empty lines should not be a problem, it's just file types that did not get extracted. Don't know why the files you're looking for aren't showing up. Try extracting a different archive, like Common.lst in the Misc folder. I know for sure that the distraction sounds are there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed