Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 47,954 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 05, 2016, 06:10:53 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 05, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2016, 08:10:21 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 05, 2016, 01:34:48 AM
He's not. He said so in a recent video interview, think it was with Collider.

I got the impression from what he said that he was given the boot.

Which pleases me so much.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 05, 2016, 01:52:05 AM
The Juggernaut looked more like metal than the derelict. Of course the rest of the building was stone.

I was referring more to the interior but that still does have a metal appearance. I just notice the stone a lot. Regardless, the absence of the real biomechanical is the most noticeable.
I read a couple of interviews with him last night from around the time of Prometheus' release and he was saying that he/they decided to making the Jockey stuff much more mechanical and metallic looking. He was talking about how they had to backwards engineer everything so that it could eventually evolve into what we see in Alien. So I'm guessing the black goo is somewhat responsible for ship we see in the original movie......
This. Im fairly certain this is said outright during that 4-hour documentary. I also got the idea that the Goo is in some way responsible for the BIO-mechanical look. Which is how I came to the conclusion David would eventually try and find a way to use it on an Android or himself and possibly create the bio-mechanical Xenomorph as we see it in Alien.

Maybe Shaw is piloting the Derelict at the beginning, in the suit we see grow around the Engineer in Alien, and David infects the suit with the Goo and then shaw mutates and crashes onto LV426.

I like this idea with the goo, but it would have to be yet another retcon, because Alien implies the Lv-426 Jockey has been dead there forever - long before the events of Prometheus.

Nelostic

Nelostic

cool idea!

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 07, 2016, 09:14:59 AM
I like this idea with the goo, but it would have to be yet another retcon, because Alien implies the Lv-426 Jockey has been dead there forever - long before the events of Prometheus.

I'm not sure it has to be a retcon. Many of us like to think the derelict has been there forever. We also like the Lovecraftian aspect of O'Bannon's original script. But that's out the window. So, the derelict was apparently a sort of living ship. We don't know how long the it would take to decay on the planet. LV426 has a harsh, possibly corrosive atmosphere. The egg chamber seems far better protected than the pilot's chamber, and the derelict looks more biological in nature than the Juggernauts from Prometheus. Maybe Black Goo did that, maybe not. But perhaps the derelict would not survive for any great length of time there. The ship has earthquake damage in Aliens. Seems likely earthquakes are common. Erosion would be a problem. And the derelict probably has bacteria or microbes to help it function while it's alive. When it dies, they may well eat the ship. Between the planet and the ship's chemistry, it's likely the ship ages more quickly than we think. After a time, its possible the entire thing would collapse. Maybe no retcon.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 07, 2016, 03:17:46 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 07, 2016, 09:14:59 AM

I'm not sure it has to be a retcon. Many of us like to think the derelict has been there forever. We also like the Lovecraftian aspect of O'Bannon's original script. But that's out the window. So, the derelict was apparently a sort of living ship. We don't know how long the it would take to decay on the planet. LV426 has a harsh, possibly corrosive atmosphere. The egg chamber seems far better protected than the pilot's chamber, and the derelict looks more biological in nature than the Juggernauts from Prometheus. Maybe Black Goo did that, maybe not. But perhaps the derelict would not survive for any great length of time there. The ship has earthquake damage in Aliens. Seems likely earthquakes are common. Erosion would be a problem. And the derelict probably has bacteria or microbes to help it function while it's alive. When it dies, they may well eat the ship. Between the planet and the ship's chemistry, it's likely the ship ages more quickly than we think. After a time, its possible the entire thing would collapse. Maybe no retcon.

I agree with this. In terms of RETCONs this is explainable to me. Especially concerning what has been said in ALIEN regarding the DERELICT, people have ignored all kinds of details in assuming the crew of the NOSTROMO just didn't know what they were seeing in there. For example: Kane clearly states the Egg Silo is a 'CAVE' but almost no one considers it one.
Its fine.
In the case of Alien chemistry interacting with metal, I mean, that isn't understandable whatsoever, so why should it be strange to say 'The climate on the planet in addition to the chemical changes with the Goo are why the Derelict appears fossilized?
Also, I already got the impression that they said FOSSILIZED, BECAUSE they can't understand its an exoskeleton. Right? In which case, that has already been retcon-ed or explained away by misunderstanding, based on human error, and making observations before they encountered the living version of the alien.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think it's all pretty convenient, but that doesn't make it palatable. I'm not really against it, but at the same time I prefer the original ship to not be linked with the events of Prometheus. I especially would die a little inside if the original Jockey turned out to be Shaw.

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 07, 2016, 10:11:00 PM
Cain clearly states the Egg Silo is a 'CAVE' but almost no one considers it one.

I wouldn't say no one considers it; it's been debated about. IMO, it's obviously not part of the ship - it's far too large.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 08, 2016, 02:24:38 AM
I think it's all pretty convenient, but that doesn't make it palatable. I'm not really against it, but at the same time I prefer the original ship to not be linked with the events of Prometheus. I especially would die a little inside if the original Jockey turned out to be Shaw.

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 07, 2016, 10:11:00 PM
Cain clearly states the Egg Silo is a 'CAVE' but almost no one considers it one.

I wouldn't say no one considers it; it's been debated about. IMO, it's obviously not part of the ship - it's far too large.

This was always my argument. I just mean to show that what a character says is sometimes blown out of proportion by fans. In Alien, they are Space-Truckers. They dont know what the hell they are encountering in that ship, so they say this or that... I see no reason it should all be taken as gospel.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Im fairly certain this is said outright during that 4-hour documentary. I also got the idea that the Goo is in some way responsible for the BIO-mechanical look. Which is how I came to the conclusion David would eventually try and find a way to use it on an Android or himself and possibly create the bio-mechanical Xenomorph as we see it in Alien.

Do you have any specific links to refresh my memory? I'm actually rewatching Furious Gods again and it's quite interesting to pick up on the various nuggets I'd forgotten.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2016, 08:29:26 AM
I'm actually rewatching Furious Gods again and it's quite interesting to pick up on the various nuggets I'd forgotten.

Any news on whether de Lauzirika will be documenting the making of Alien: Covenant?

I think you mentioned a while back that he thought it was unlikely that he'll docu Blomkamp's Alien. Though I imagine Alien: Covenant would surely be more likely with his old boss directing?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 08, 2016, 02:42:23 PM
Any news on whether de Lauzirika will be documenting the making of Alien: Covenant?

I've not spoken to him since then. I'll try and catch up with him sometime soon. I certainly hope he is returning. It just wouldn't be an Alien release without him behind it.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2016, 03:06:36 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 08, 2016, 02:42:23 PM

I've not spoken to him since then. I'll try and catch up with him sometime soon. I certainly hope he is returning. It just wouldn't be an Alien release without him behind it.
The documentary that goes with the Alien DVD is probably the best one I've ever seen. Dangerous Days:The Making of Blade Runner is a close second.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2016, 08:29:26 AM
Im fairly certain this is said outright during that 4-hour documentary. I also got the idea that the Goo is in some way responsible for the BIO-mechanical look. Which is how I came to the conclusion David would eventually try and find a way to use it on an Android or himself and possibly create the bio-mechanical Xenomorph as we see it in Alien.

Do you have any specific links to refresh my memory? I'm actually rewatching Furious Gods again and it's quite interesting to pick up on the various nuggets I'd forgotten.

Im in a car at the moment. But I have a visual memory of maybe Arthurax stating (to paraphrase) 'The idea was to specifically move away from the organic look of Alien and make it mechanical." He goes on to say that "The more they tried the more they ended up realizing they had to embrace the Giger designs..." I wish I could remember off hand where this comes from but its been a while now since Prometheus came out and I was wrapped up in that.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 08, 2016, 02:24:38 AM

You must prepare yourself for this possibility. The bigger problem is, whatever happens, I think the Alien universe will be a lot smaller as a result of these new movies. We're going to know exactly where the Alien came from, and there's a good chance an android from earth created it. I'd like to think that's not it. I'd like to think Shaw won't be in the derelict. But I think both of those things are exactly what we're getting. It utterly destroys the mystery and wonder of the original movie. It makes things in that universe seem banal and uninteresting. It could be that any explanation would do that, but the possibilities that present themselves in what we've seen so far (eg Prometheus and Scott's statements about Covenant) seem especially egregious. 

It all makes the idea that the derelict was launched over 2100 years ago to eradicate humanity because the Romans crucified an Engineer envoy far more interesting by contrast. But really, the Alien should be something more interesting. Maybe they're a result of differences between Engineers and their masters, maybe part of a war between groups of Engineers or even a conflict between the Engineers and the Predators. It should be something! But I guess not. Oh well. We'll find out when the movie finally arrives.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Herein lies the danger of finding out the truth about the origin of everything in the Alien universe.  It may well ruin the rest of the movies for you.  To be a success, i think the movie just has to open more doors with their own mysteries.

Personally, I'm more excited about Blomkamp's film.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 09, 2016, 08:49:07 PM
Herein lies the danger of finding out the truth about the origin of everything in the Alien universe.  It may well ruin the rest of the movies for you.  To be a success, i think the movie just has to open more doors with their own mysteries.

Personally, I'm more excited about Blomkamp's film.

You know what? I don't care who disagrees. To be a success they need to wrap up Ripley's storyline in a way that doesn't mess things up more.
Then people will accept more.
I actually disagree that telling us where the Alien comes from is the big mistake. The big mistake is the whole series needs to be wrangled together. The big mistake is not writing a story that makes sense.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 09, 2016, 09:54:40 PM
You know what? I don't care who disagrees. To be a success they need to wrap up Ripley's storyline in a way that doesn't mess things up more.
Then people will accept more.
I actually disagree that telling us where the Alien comes from is the big mistake. The big mistake is the whole series needs to be wrangled together. The big mistake is not writing a story that makes sense.

For what to be a success? Blomkamp's movie? That would be much stronger if he wrote a story after Alien 3 with fresh characters. His ideas can still work, but Ripley, Hicks and Newt all died in Alien 3. That's wrapped up! Ripley has a clone living in the future, but that doesn't really change anything. That's 200 years later.

You might expect too much, asking for stories to make sense. The request is reasonable, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed