Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 47,962 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd say Prometheus was more stone, not metal. The metalic I was referring to was the concept art by Gutalin. It's never overtly said why but it just seems like Arthur Max didn't like Giger's style.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 11:27:04 PM
It's never overtly said why but it just seems like Arthur Max didn't like Giger's style.

Unless something interesting happened, Arthur Max will be the production designer on the new film, right? I doubt much will change.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 05, 2016, 01:12:09 AM
It's never overtly said why but it just seems like Arthur Max didn't like Giger's style.

Unless something interesting happened, Arthur Max will be the production designer on the new film, right? I doubt much will change.
He's not. He said so in a recent video interview, think it was with Collider.

I got the impression from what he said that he was given the boot.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 05, 2016, 01:34:48 AM

I see. That *is* interesting. Okay. 8)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'd say Prometheus was more stone, not metal. The metalic I was referring to was the concept art by Gutalin. It's never overtly said why but it just seems like Arthur Max didn't like Giger's style.
The Juggernaut looked more like metal than the derelict. Of course the rest of the building was stone.

Oh and it's just a thought I had. I mean we went through all of this it's an alien prequel then it's not and then Prometheus 2 became Paradise lost and then Giger died and now it's Alien:Covenant. It's been over a year so I guess it's ok. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Which pleases me so much.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 05, 2016, 01:52:05 AM
The Juggernaut looked more like metal than the derelict. Of course the rest of the building was stone.

I was referring more to the interior but that still does have a metal appearance. I just notice the stone a lot. Regardless, the absence of the real biomechanical is the most noticeable.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2016, 08:10:21 AM

I was referring more to the interior but that still does have a metal appearance. I just notice the stone a lot. Regardless, the absence of the real biomechanical is the most noticeable.
I read a couple of interviews with him last night from around the time of Prometheus' release and he was saying that he/they decided to making the Jockey stuff much more mechanical and metallic looking. He was talking about how they had to backwards engineer everything so that it could eventually evolve into what we see in Alien. So I'm guessing the black goo is somewhat responsible for ship we see in the original movie......

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I probably would imagine that Arthur Max just didn't have an attachment to Giger's work and could happily take or leave it, but didn't bond with it and so didn't have much in the way of ideas stemming from it.

Martin C

Martin C

Maybe Shaw did but david together BEFORE they left LV223. And then she went in to cryosleep, with David in the pilots chair. As some one said the cryopods works for thousands of years. Maybe David didnt wake Shaw up from Cryo when they arrived on Paradise. Alien Covenant could end with Shaw being awaken by some one or something. I live in Sweden and she is Swedish and i know that she is doing an interview with Swedish TV4 sometime in February. Maybe she lets something slip there!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently Chris Seagers will be the PD for Alien: Covenant.

A production designer is a bit irrelevant on a Ridley Scott film anyway.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 05, 2016, 02:59:40 PM

That's not true at all. Ridley may be visually brilliant and a very talented artist but the scope of any film of his has always been much too large for him to be designing everything. He hires equally talented artists to himself and then picks and chooses what he likes and doesn't like.
Ridley is the curator not the creator.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

In truth, he hires artists MUCH, MUCH more talented than himself.  And there is wisdom in that.  If you are in a position to hire people to work for you, always surround yourself with those who are better than you.  Syd Mead, H.R. Giger...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 05, 2016, 03:29:45 PM
In truth, he hires artists MUCH, MUCH more talented than himself.  And there is wisdom in that.  If you are in a position to hire people to work for you, always surround yourself with those who are better than you.  Syd Mead, H.R. Giger...
Sure well I agree with that. Arthur Max was fine for The Martian because it's based in reality but not for what I hope is nightmarish science fiction horror in Covenant.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 05, 2016, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 05, 2016, 02:59:40 PM

Ridley may be visually brilliant and a very talented artist but the scope of any film of his has always been much too large for him to be designing everything. He hires equally talented artists to himself and then picks and chooses what he likes and doesn't like.
Ridley is the curator not the creator.

While it's true that the scope of his films has always been too large for him to handle everything by himself, he is the man who calls all the shots with regards to the look of the film. He is well known (even notorious) for micromanaging the art department which is really the PD's job.

Here's a quote from Michael Deely (Blade Runner producer):

Quote"In a sense, no major production designer or art director would ever work with Ridley, because Ridley wouldn't let him do what he wanted. But Ridley would be right in doing that. He started out in design, you know, and he always knows what he wants. Frankly, Ridley is one of the best production designers ever."

So while all those individual artists are still important, the role of the production designer becomes a bit moot. Ridley Scott is as much the production designer on his films as he is the director.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 05, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2016, 08:10:21 AM

I read a couple of interviews with him last night from around the time of Prometheus' release and he was saying that he/they decided to making the Jockey stuff much more mechanical and metallic looking. He was talking about how they had to backwards engineer everything so that it could eventually evolve into what we see in Alien. So I'm guessing the black goo is somewhat responsible for ship we see in the original movie......
This. Im fairly certain this is said outright during that 4-hour documentary. I also got the idea that the Goo is in some way responsible for the BIO-mechanical look. Which is how I came to the conclusion David would eventually try and find a way to use it on an Android or himself and possibly create the bio-mechanical Xenomorph as we see it in Alien.

Maybe Shaw is piloting the Derelict at the beginning, in the suit we see grow around the Engineer in Alien, and David infects the suit with the Goo and then shaw mutates and crashes onto LV426.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed