Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 47,955 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 31, 2016, 09:14:51 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaD575hUsAAaqsl.jpg

Sorry to disappoint all the Shaw-haters, but I seriously doubt we have seen the last of her :) Either she is off Tombraidin' on Paradise:Planet or she's asleep in that Engineer hyper-sleep pod which worked pretty nifty for 2 millennia, so she'll be back in a later movie  ;D

As for Blomkamp, i really hope that movie never gets made...that will be just like J.J.Abrams..."star wars:the force awakens" blatant stroking ripley fans...I'm so sick of that a xenomorph franchise shouldn't be able to go anywhere without having a particular human, ripley, attached to every freaking movie...ripley is worse than the face-hugers...instead of calling it Alien 5, call it Ripley 5...or "Ripley 5: Hicks & Newt strikes back!"

No more force awakens plz...I don't care how many would go see the movie...

I love this post, lol. Nice job.

As was said earlier in the comments, this decision to me makes it really feel like they're a bit lost as to where they want the story to go. In many interviews, Ridley expresses the constant need to 'sell tickets' and how hard that is, which just continues to illuminate the pathetic state that Hollywood has fallen to.

I mean of course they have to sell tickets, but it's an insane world where tickets are not sold by good movies, but by formulas to appeal to people's base impulses, nostalgia/remakes, and constant references to former, better, films.

It really is obvious that Hollywood's riding a better era of filmmaking as hard as they can into the ground, and the only solution is for the bottom to fall out so creativity can return and the cycle can start anew.

I also think it's worth mentioning that who actually trusts them to come up with a cohesive story, given how much of a disaster they've left the entire franchise? Hell, it's spilled over into 4 different franchises now that are each their own disasters. I'd say the lore and universe with the most consistency left is Predator.

Astronoë

Astronoë

TV is where creativity is at...and they are less worried about ratings n such.

I hate to say this, but to make TV series could breed new life into the franchise..I'd still prefer to a see a movie, but I have serious doubts it will be any good...why is Hollywood shunning all the good writers...I mean people who make some bimbo music videos get hired to make movies..wtf dudes..

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 03, 2016, 08:12:21 PMI'd say the lore and universe with the most consistency left is Predator.

In contrast to Alien franchise, Predator isn't snared by one main character like Ripley..they had many and 'different' environments...Arnie, Danny Glover, Adrien Brody

one complaint about the last Predator movie, those darn Predator hound-creatures didn't make sense, too many spikes in all directions, irl they would get stuck in everything all the time, n probably starve to death, lol..whoever designed those, played too much Warcraft "add spikes, MOAR SPIKES!"

a design has to make sense, not just try to appear 'cool' which is why I cringed when I saw the Deacon at the end of Prometheus...that extra upper jaw...could it get bitten by its other upper jaw?? it goes *nom nom nom* and instead it bites itself rather than the victim..and what is up with herbivore/omnivore n carnivorous teeth?? Symmetry on that designed creature was fail...

marrerom

marrerom

I'm still hoping Shaw will undergo some transformation (Fall in black goo/experimented on by David or the Engineers) and end up looking like this:

How cool would it be to see a Giger inspired Shaw? Very.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 04, 2016, 02:24:05 AM
I'm still hoping Shaw will undergo some transformation (Fall in black goo/experimented on by David or the Engineers) and end up looking like this:

http://i4.tagstat.com/p1/p/8kaO53O0diZVMrw-Zt82-xYhBQxowqnCoGznbzRScX8=.jpg

As long as she doesn't end up being the pilot in the Derelict I don't mind seeing this kind of transformation. I'd rather see something like this than Fifield.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 08:34:50 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 04, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

http://i4.tagstat.com/p1/p/8kaO53O0diZVMrw-Zt82-xYhBQxowqnCoGznbzRScX8=.jpg

As long as she doesn't end up being the pilot in the Derelict I don't mind seeing this kind of transformation. I'd rather see something like this than Fifield.
So basically Shaw becomes God?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No - like something Giger would draw.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Perhaps my only problem with a desire to see Giger stuff is Giger is no longer here to design it, and I'm not sure how well it could be imitated.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea it sucks that he's not here to make it but still that is what we want to see.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 04, 2016, 09:02:51 AM
Perhaps my only problem with a desire to see Giger stuff is Giger is no longer here to design it, and I'm not sure how well it could be imitated.

IMO, the imitators are not very good. I'm sure determined people working from his older, original designs could cobble together a decent pastiche. The thing of it is, the Giger whose work we love mostly stopped working in the '90s. Even if he were given carte blanche to do his thing his way for Prometheus, I don't know that we would have been that happy with the result. People change over time, and I think Giger's work changed accordingly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You'll never be able to match the original but there are some out there who have a very good and similar style. Gutalin, who's concepts for Prometheus weren't used, for example.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
You'll never be able to match the original but there are some out there who have a very good and similar style. Gutalin, who's concepts for Prometheus weren't used, for example.

Determined pastiche. It'd probably be good enough, but somebody would have to push the guy to go further. Matching the original requires the mindset as well as the form. Giger went further on his own because it was in him to do that. He was comfortable doing that. That's the real difference, and that's what's missing.

Primordial

Primordial

There is mainly a lack of magnetizing weirdness, as well as the bio component of Giger's stuff in Gutalin's art. Still no doubt that this russian guy is very talented.
Can we force some artist to do somebody else's work ? ... Probably not, but I'd like him to take the challenge of matching that mindset you are talking about.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Primordial on Feb 04, 2016, 08:34:11 PM
There is mainly a lack of magnetizing weirdness, as well as the bio component of Giger's stuff in Gutalin's art. Still no doubt that this russian guy is very talented.

True, his work is quite metallic but the foundation is definitely there in the patterns he does. I don't think loosing Giger means we wont see any Giger-esque going forward.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 10:08:42 PM

True, his work is quite metallic but the foundation is definitely there in the patterns he does. I don't think loosing Giger means we wont see any Giger-esque going forward.
I actually gave some taught to the idea for the sudden name change was because Giger is no longer here. Maybe they wanted to use his atheistic but didn't want him on set or simply didn't like his ideas. Kind of harking back to the feelings on the set of Alien³ and well Aliens for that matter. Which would have been awkward as f**k. So when he passed away the opportunity to do it materialized. Meaning that all of this metallic bullshit dies with Prometheus. :P

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 04, 2016, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2016, 10:08:42 PM

I actually gave some taught to the idea for the sudden name change was because Giger is no longer here. Maybe they wanted to use his atheistic but didn't want him on set or simply didn't like his ideas. Kind of harking back to the feelings on the set of Alien³ and well Aliens for that matter. Which would have been awkward as f**k. So when he passed away the opportunity to do it materialized. Meaning that all of this metallic bullshit dies with Prometheus. :P

Do we have confirmation that Prometheus went 'metallic' to avoid static from Giger? I never heard that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed