Katherine Waterston Cast as Daniels

Started by hfeldhaus, Dec 17, 2015, 11:51:13 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Cast as Daniels (Read 32,391 times)

Valaquen

I don't want another Sigourney or Ripley clone. I wish they'd just write a character rather than switching templates around.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 18, 2015, 03:25:45 PM
I don't want another Sigourney or Ripley clone. I wish they'd just write a character rather than switching templates around.

I don't think there's a single one of us who would want to see another Sigourney or Ripley character. It'll be really nice if Daniels is her own character and not intended to harken back to Ripley.

razeak

razeak

I really don't see how Amanda Ripley was a stretch. Her mother goes missing on a WY mission. 15 years later the company notifies Amanda and let's her go to retrieve the flight recorder. Why is that so hard to believe? I suppose the WY legal team's decision making might be in question considering the potential for a lawsuit.

Perfect-Organism

Yeah, I guess she doesn't look like Ripley that much...

razeak

razeak

Oops, just saw the follow up. I think for general audiences it would work, just not for us fans that gobble up everything related to the franchise.

T Dog

T Dog

Good actress. Very good in Inherent Vice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: razeak on Dec 18, 2015, 04:20:35 PM
I really don't see how Amanda Ripley was a stretch. Her mother goes missing on a WY mission. 15 years later the company notifies Amanda and let's her go to retrieve the flight recorder. Why is that so hard to believe? I suppose the WY legal team's decision making might be in question considering the potential for a lawsuit.

When it was announced she'd be in it we didn't know that.

Whiskeybrewer

Not an actress I've heard of, so I'd be very interested t see how she does

Burn the Floor

I couldn't really care less about this movie at this point

Liberator

Mr. Fassbender was great as Steve Jobs.  That was really interesting.  Ms. Waterston played an ex-girlfriend of his, who claimed she fathered her child.  They had some arguments about financial support, and so on, and it should make for very good chemistry in Alien: Covenant.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 18, 2015, 03:09:50 PM
I'm really not seeing Sigourney in her.
Yeah, she's got more of a Mila Kunis thing going on...

PsyKore

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 18, 2015, 01:36:07 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 18, 2015, 12:12:16 PM
What if Ridley ignored Isolation? I don't know how he feels about video games, but he could possibly take the concept of Amanda from AI and inject it into Covenant via this Daniels character.

But I think we may be jumping the gun a bit with this, haha.

He very probably will. There hasn't been any indication he's played anything much in the way of computer games, let alone that one.

For me, 'Isolation' is at odds with canon (both in terms of Amanda's inclusion and the way the Alien can be avoided). It's a nice little 'what if' and very beautifully presented, but I can't find it within me to care about it being discarded from the official continuity. A part of me even hopes it is.

I agree. I actually don't understand the latest trend to fit video games into canon.

NickisSmart

Another tough/cute brunette. I think it's safe to say what Ridley's type is, at this stage.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 19, 2015, 05:39:29 AMI agree. I actually don't understand the latest trend to fit video games into canon.

I just think it's nice when franchise filmmakers refrain from trampling all over games if they don't have too, especially if they were well-received additions to the franchise. Don't need to acknowledge them, but similarly you don't need to go out of your way to contradict them.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I would assume she plays a role of a character who doesn't live for all that long in the movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed