Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 33,634 times)

RakaiThwei

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic news! I had hoped it would be a given based on the Alien in the title but it's fantastic to see it down in writing.

RakaiThwei

I'm kind of "Eh!" about it.

At least I get front page credit for finding this.. Hah!

Corporal Hicks

For me it's more exciting because of all the confusion about the creature and its inclusion in a Prometheus sequel. It's nice to have it confirmed - especially after his comments previously about it being played out.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 12, 2015, 01:06:31 AM
At least I get front page credit for finding this.. Hah!

Haha. As long as you're happy mate.  :P

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2015, 01:10:52 AM
For me it's more exciting because of all the confusion about the creature and its inclusion in a Prometheus sequel. It's nice to have it confirmed - especially after his comments previously about it being played out.

Well, now you're getting an Alien movie. A genuine, bonafide Alien movie. And it's from the man who had a hand in starting it all.

....Now I'm left wondering how this will effect Blomkamp's movie, assuming that will ever get off the ground.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2015, 01:10:52 AM
Haha. As long as you're happy mate.  :P

A consolation for me I suppose. The last time I was featured in the front page was in Feburary of 2007, back when I interviewed Ian Whyte and Tom Woodruff Jr. while they were attending Monster-mania.

windebieste

I've been waiting for Scott to make a new 'ALIEN' movie for 36 years...

SHUT UP AND GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY!

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 12, 2015, 02:22:58 AM
I've been waiting for Scott to make a new 'ALIEN' movie for 36 years...

SHUT UP AND GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY!

-Windebieste.
What he said.

Xenomorphine

What's sad is that Giger won't be around to be properly utilised for this.

BringbackJonesy!

I've got several thoughts on this...

That's a pretty major *spoiler* at this stage Ridley,,,and it would have been awesome to only find that info. out in one of the eventual trailers, or even the movie itself!  >:(  And I guess if I hadn't read it here, that I would have been unable to avoid the fact due to other sites picking up on this too.

Considering Ridley's past 'uncertainty' about how 'scary' his original 'alien' still is, I wonder if the version(s?) seen in his follow-up will be radically re-designed from his original 'human-birthed' version or not?  Personally, I hope it isn't overly re-designed from H R Giger's original if any humans are 'impregnated' - but who's to say that the eggs (and 'face-huggers') won't look different to begin with in this movie anyway...

It's nice to know that the original 'alien' creatures are finally going to be seen in these 'prequels', as 'the deacon' was a disappointing design to end on previously.  Especially since they are in the hands of Ridley once more - I've no doubt that he's capable of bringing out the creepiness of them again.

I guess this means that Ridley's earlier intention to lead the imagery of the sequels away from his original somewhat, has finally been nixed...and we are indeed headed back into more familiar-looking territory.  Although I'm pleased about seeing these designs again, I'm not entirely sure that I want it confirmed that the 'alien' is a created 'bio-weapon' after all.  Considering Ridley messed-up the mystery of the spacejockey's remains with a dissappointing 'spacesuit' solution, I just hope he handles the 'origins' of the 'alien' a bit better.

Finally, I guess this means that the 'PROMETHEUS' movie ends up a vital part of my 'ALIEN' canon now, assuming that I really like the follow-up.  Makes all the time I spent on working out how to re-edit it for myself worthwhile.  ;D

TWAK

TWAK

this is great. That is what people want to see, the BEAST! Starbeast, Kane's son,

marrerom

marrerom

I couldn't be happier to hear this.

Thank you Alien: Isolation for proving to the higher ups that the Alien is STILL as terrifying and awesome as ever.

whiterabbit

The twist ending: Jonsey will be the monsters master.  ::)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So I guess they will ignore the Deacon will be ignore from the end of the last film and will never be seen or mention again  ::)

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 12, 2015, 04:48:42 AM
So I guess they will ignore the Deacon will be ignore from the end of the last film and will never be seen or mention again  ::)
I hope not...

PsyKore

PsyKore

Really exciting news, but I hope he can still pull off the atmosphere to go with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed