What If-- AVP Lego?

Started by RakaiThwei, Nov 21, 2015, 11:41:48 PM

Author
What If-- AVP Lego? (Read 4,953 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Considering that I work at a Toys R Us, and often work in the Boys/Girls and Lego section.. I see a lot of Lego merchandise out there and the customers who buy it. While Lego is indeed intended for children, there are some older folks who are into Lego as a hobby. Many of them are adults who are buying Lego's of licensed franchises from Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Avengers, Justice League, Back to the Future, etc..

So while this is likely never to happen, though I am sure that there are some figure customizers out there who have made such... How would the fandom feel if Lego had actually got the license? I mean we've already got an Alien children's book on the way out, so what harm could a Lego AVP really do aside get some cynical fans grumbling?

How would you the fans feel if Lego had decided to span the entire franchises from the Alien, Predator, AVP and even Prometheus films to do their own thing? Even using characters that would clash in main continuity like Charles Bishop Weyland and Peter Weyland for things like AVP Lego games or incorporate it into their Lego Dimensions?

So before any cynics out there yell at me for entertaining the idea.. this is all hypothetical and likely never to happen.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I'd like that, I loved playing with lego as a kid and creating is something I adore doing.

windebieste

windebieste

Video games are for kids... Toys are for kids...  Star Wars is for kids...  Lego is for kids... 

If that's the case, then how come I know so many adults prepared to buy such things for themselves

I think that 'AvP' Lego would be terrific.  Would you base it on the comics or the movies?  I'd say the movies.  Building your own pyramid out of Lego bricks featuring traps, a sacrificial chamber, sarcophagi and the Queen's deep freeze chamber* would be too much crazy. 

-Windebieste.

*After all, the pyramid was the best character in the movie.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I think an AVP Lego would be refreshing. I mean we're already getting an Alien children's book which is kind of novelty, but why not? Same thing there. Everything could and would be used if the Lego company would really look at the history of the franchise, and not just the canonical too. It would be something neat for the fans, to create their own pyramids, even customizing characters in the Lego games (imagine Ripley in Predator armor and weapons) to do crazy and funny things.

Sure, the world of Alien-Predator is meant to be gritty, dark, and adult but you know... Do something a bit funny for the fans. Do something refreshing. Let them literally build better worlds!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 22, 2015, 12:34:19 AM
Video games are for kids... Toys are for kids...  Star Wars is for kids...  Lego is for kids... 

If that's the case, then how come I know so many adults prepared to buy such things for themselves

I think that 'AvP' Lego would be terrific.  Would you base it on the comics or the movies?  I'd say the movies.  Building your own pyramid out of Lego bricks featuring traps, a sacrificial chamber, sarcophagi and the Queen's deep freeze chamber* would be too much crazy. 

-Windebieste.

*After all, the pyramid was the best character in the movie.

Oh God!

Windebieste, here's some career advice for you.

Become CEO of Fox.

Ask Lego to make AvP Lego please!  ;D

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 22, 2015, 12:42:05 AM
Oh God!

Windebieste, here's some career advice for you.

Become CEO of Fox.

Ask Lego to make AvP Lego please!  ;D

I work at Toys R Us and Lego vendors come on over to do work when they're in the store. I actually asked this question to them, and they had said that this was a question I would have to ask their merchandising managers to.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Relevant to the topic.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

That's some cool custom figure work!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd love it! But considering the price of all the other Lego, I'd probably scoff at it instead. 

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Speaking of Lego, have any of you played Minecraft? It's like Lego in the sense that it lets you build anything to your heart's content.

Minecraft has been releasing texture packs lately such as Skyrim texture pack and even a Halo texture pack.

Do you think they should do an AvP texture pack? They are either quite cheap like the Ancient Greece texture pack or end up being given for free like the Skyrim one.

You can get some cool skins to go with it like some Predator skins for your character. And the setting could be in a pyramid filled with traps.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2015, 10:52:23 AM
I'd love it! But considering the price of all the other Lego, I'd probably scoff at it instead.

I'm surprised to hear you're for this idea. As for the prices of all other Legos, I suppose it depends on the sets you buy. Some can range up to the 10.99 to 100.99 dollar range.

windebieste

windebieste

All nice shots but the stand out item for me is the 3rd pic from the top.   The lighting, the expression on the face and the pulse rifle muzzle raising the ceiling tile totally sells it for me.  We know what he's seeing without being shown.  Absolutely bad ass Lego image.   

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Wow man, those picture looks really good!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 22, 2015, 10:58:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2015, 10:52:23 AM

I'm surprised to hear you're for this idea. As for the prices of all other Legos, I suppose it depends on the sets you buy. Some can range up to the 10.99 to 100.99 dollar range.

Why's that? I love Legos. I just hate the prizes. Round here they're always too much for what they are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed