Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 46,159 times)

The First Child

The First Child

Good to see Newt will have a bigger place in this universe, like in the Female War. As far as Alien 3 and Resurrection, I think they might set those two films up as Ripley's "dream sequences."

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 21, 2015, 03:00:09 PM
I've said this before on here but there's only one actress out there who I think would make a great adult Newt and has the look too.

Juno Temple:
http://cdn4.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_portrait/2012/05/juno_temple.jpg

I don't know who that is, but based on the photo alone, I think you're onto something...

Sorry for the double post, but a thought just occurred:

We're all going around referring to "the adult Newt"... but it's a ridiculous idea that a 27 year-old woman would be going around telling people to call her 'Newt'.

So, how do people feel about potential Alien films with a protagonist named 'Jorden'? Catchy, or not so much?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 01:22:42 AM
Weyland-Yutani tries to clone Ripley and Newt in the hopes of bringing back the Xenomorphs, they clone Newt as an experiment first before trying to clone Ripley, their attempt fails to bring back the Aliens... these secrets are figured out by the USM centuries later.

Why experiment with Newt? 'Alien Resurrection' showed you can just attempt to replicate the same DNA until you get it right.

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2015, 07:49:57 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 21, 2015, 02:21:05 AM
So he's had an 'informal' chat with someone at Fox regarding an unfinished script which makes Biehn the authority on what the content of the now delayed movie is going to be about.

Gotcha.  Sounds like he's just trolling the fans now. 

-Windebieste.

Come on Winde, I explained it in the news post. :P Biehn hasn't read the script but he said back in August at an event I was at that he'd been spoken to by Blomkamp, telling him the intent and story behind the project.

If he's discussed those details with you without signing a Non Disclosure Agreement, then there's no Project to speak of.  He's just mouthing off.  Casual conversations between Directors and Actors happen all the time.  They mean nothing until signatures are committed to paper and contracts are signed.

If there was an NDA signed, then he lacks Professsional credibility by openly talking to you, especially to someone who moderates a forum on a popular website.

The only caveat I can see here is that he has signed an NDA and can discuss specific details only, which is a dubious option that rarely occurs in any NDA, especially one of a corporate nature.   On a Project of this nature, those rules are outlined extensively and without exception.  Such caveats are best left off of any documentation, especially large corporate Projects of this nature, because it's easier to control content being discussed about.

In short, just because he spoke to you, it doesn't mean a thing.  Possibly even less so because he did talk to you. 

My apologies for my skepticism but  I've seen too many good opportunities within this series go south to feel confident with the very questionable comments made by someone only tangentially associated with a (delayed) Project.  There's been too much 'He said this...'  'He said that...' throughout the years by too many people involved in various projects resulting in non-events and failings.  Even Scott can't make up what his next movie is going to be called and He's the Man in Charge of that Project.  I'm expected to accept the word of an actor who hasn't been signed up for any part(s), read the script and possibly not even signed an NDA? 

You should have asked him that.  "Have you signed any NDA's about this Project, Michael?"  Because that's the most revealing question anyone can ask.

-Windebieste.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 07:56:42 PM
So does this seriously mean that Alien 3 and Resurrection are undone? That they will be ignored and rendered redundant?

Just look at it like how Halloween IV-VI and Halloween H20, or better yet.. how the Showa and Heisei Godzilla films are considered separate timelines that share a diverging point. Not much of a loss there.

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 07:56:42 PM
How will this affect future film releases such as the Quadrilogy. Like, will they release future collective editions and include A:3 and A:R alongside Alien 3.2 etc?

They will probably still release them as a box set. I know that there is a Halloween box set which has Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween III, Halloween IV - VI, Halloween H20 and the Rob Zombie Halloweens packaged in a blu-ray box set. So... I don't see a reason why Fox wouldn't do something similar. Shit.. I'm expecting another Hybrid Box/Total Destruction set, with the Predator films, AVP and Alien films.. Prometheus included. Dollar signs are there if Fox wants the dollar signs.

Quote from: The First Child on Nov 21, 2015, 08:14:48 PM
Good to see Newt will have a bigger place in this universe, like in the Female War. As far as Alien 3 and Resurrection, I think they might set those two films up as Ripley's "dream sequences."

While I'm all for Newt being given the torch... I would be very displeased if they really went the dream route. Going the Bobby Ewing route is the cheapest cop out for what was a "truth" that we've been told in the storyline that's lasted us twenty three years. I really think Fox and Blomkamp need to leave that alone, not touch anything and just go their own route.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2015, 10:03:11 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 01:22:42 AM
Weyland-Yutani tries to clone Ripley and Newt in the hopes of bringing back the Xenomorphs, they clone Newt as an experiment first before trying to clone Ripley, their attempt fails to bring back the Aliens... these secrets are figured out by the USM centuries later.

Why experiment with Newt? 'Alien Resurrection' showed you can just attempt to replicate the same DNA until you get it right.

Because continuity, that's why.

If they're gonna turn this into the Walking Dead by bringing back dead characters, I might as well make it fit into one continuity no matter how absurd my excuse sounds.

And that's the thing, "until you get it right", Weyland-Yutani didn't get it right.  ;D

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 11:08:00 PM
Because continuity, that's why.

I don't think Fox cares too much about continuity, even when attempting to clean things up.

Shit, look at the X-Men movie franchise which Fox has been doing.. Sure, they rectified everything but even then there are continuity issues with Days of Futures past. Bolivar Trask who was portrayed by Bill Duke in X3: X-Men United was suddenly turned into the white midget dude from Game of Thrones. Even Bryan Singer admitted that was a mistake and Fox didn't care.

The Alien Predator

Obviously Fox doesn't care, as long as they get paid.

I remember someone saying Toho doesn't care about Godzilla and it's kinda true. They only care enough because they get rich from the name and idea, but should someone else use it, they won't sue them because "they stole our Godzilla", but "because what they make could disturb our profits".

Caring is for us fans.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Nov 21, 2015, 11:37:55 PM

A cold, hard truth.

Caring is for us fans.

Love hurts, don't it?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 21, 2015, 11:43:26 PM

A cold, hard truth.

Caring is for us fans.

Love hurts, don't it?

Yeah... sometimes life can be a prison.  ;D

windebieste

Oh, such timing... here's Mark Hamill discussing the nature of his NDA:

He has a  more respectful attitude to unauthorised public declarations.  Not a single reveal.  No spoilers.  Just discussion about what he can't say; and what he can't say about what he can't say. 

Hamill is behaving in a Professional manner in this regard - Biehn is not.   

-Windebieste.

marrerom

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 20, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
I am waiting for Official announcement from Fox before I take any comments from Biehn seriously.

Yeah, this^

In all likelihood this movie isn't going to happen. Once films are in development hell they tend to stay there. So many things could happen before this film is supposed to enter production (Alien: Covenent could completely bomb as could Blompkamps new film he's working on) that would derail the whole thing.

Corporal Hicks

I've said this before on here but there's only one actress out there who I think would make a great adult Newt and has the look too.

Juno Temple:
http://cdn4.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/NFE_portrait/2012/05/juno_temple.jpg

I can't say I've ever seen her in a film but she certainly looks the part. Her's was a name I heard bandied about a lot for the idea of playing Newt.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

Juno Temple:

I can't say I've ever seen her in a film but she certainly looks the part. Her's was a name I heard bandied about a lot for the idea of playing Newt.
She has a lead role in Killer Joe. Good movie!

Beatnation

LOL at the people who thinks Alien 3.2 gonna happen, the delusion is real, Biehn just talking out of his ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed