Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 52,723 times)

Corporal Hicks

To be fair to him, Scott has wanted to explore the Jockey since Alien.

CainsSon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 18, 2015, 09:56:44 AM
Scott isn't saying no to Neil Bloomkamp's alien, however Scott wants to rein in the franchise and be in control of the grand concept and themes. The whole "got away from him" deal. Basically he has made alien his baby and if NB wants to play he can but it'll be by Ridley's rules. Which I think is fair and overall a good idea. That's the way I see it anyways.

At this point, as much as I love the idea of seeing Sigourney return as Ripley and long to see a proper ending to her story, I think we can all agree having one person spearhead the franchise as a Producer is what we need, so we don't end up with the mess we have.
I imagine Ridley really kicks himself in the ass for dropping the ball on A5 when they went ahead with AVP. Even more so than when he didn't cling to it for ALIENS.
One thing is certain with Scott on board, he will consistently bring quality production values to the series, that was largely missing from A:R through AVP-R. Say what you want about PROMETHEUS but the grandeur, and vastness of the Alien universe was restored. In doing that, it was unquestionably a success.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 18, 2015, 03:54:53 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 18, 2015, 09:56:44 AM
Scott isn't saying no to Neil Bloomkamp's alien, however Scott wants to rein in the franchise and be in control of the grand concept and themes. The whole "got away from him" deal. Basically he has made alien his baby and if NB wants to play he can but it'll be by Ridley's rules. Which I think is fair and overall a good idea. That's the way I see it anyways.

At this point, as much as I love the idea of seeing Sigourney return as Ripley and long to see a proper ending to her story, I think we can all agree having one person spearhead the franchise as a Producer is what we need, so we don't end up with the mess we have.
I imagine Ridley really kicks himself in the ass for dropping the ball on A5 when they went ahead with AVP. Even more so than when he didn't cling to it for ALIENS.
One thing is certain with Scott on board, he will consistently bring quality production values to the series, that was largely missing from A:R through AVP-R. Say what you want about PROMETHEUS but the grandeur, and vastness of the Alien universe was restored. In doing that, it was unquestionably a success.

I agree for the most part. A:R attempted the grandeur that you speak of but fell short.

And from the looks of The Martian maybe Scott has gotten his groove back. I don't blame him either, remember this his close brother committed suicide not too long ago.

I do hope that we get to explore Noomi's character, Shaw. Something tells me that Covenant may actually take place farther ahead than we think. Maybe the third movie will take place between Prometheus and Covenant and will focus heavily on what happens with Shaw and David.

Also is there any confirmation that the David in Covenant is the same android from Prometheus?

Stolen

Really great news, I am eager to know the cast. Synopsis is attractive and mysterious ...
Ok this might not be the direction I hoped for the continuation of Prometheus, but return to the Alien franchise can be interesting.

Superb idea not to mention Shaw in the synopsis. Obviously that Noomi Rapace will be in the movie but it promises great moment between David and Shaw.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 18, 2015, 08:29:00 PM
Also is there any confirmation that the David in Covenant is the same android from Prometheus?

Yes, the synopses pretty much spells it out.

QuoteBound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Bulldawg

Bulldawg

Sucks we have to wait almost 2 years for it to come out.

DaveT937

To point about Scott wielding too much power and needing a strong creative team around him to get the best results, this was pretty much relayed to me verbatim by someone that worked on Prometheus.

Too many people too keen to tickle his tummy!

The move to explain the Xeno's origins - and potentially a return to that hard, R rated world of the original - is a smart move. However, if Shaw goes on to become the original Space Jockey, I will hunt Scott down and punch him right between his eyes!  ;D

The October release date is also potentially good news - being this close to Halloween might indicate a rachetting up of the terror / horror levels.

Fingers crossed! It's going to be a long two years!

oduodu

Quote from: DaveT937 on Nov 19, 2015, 09:16:08 AM
To point about Scott wielding too much power and needing a strong creative team around him to get the best results, this was pretty much relayed to me verbatim by someone that worked on Prometheus.

The move to explain the Xeno's origins - and potentially a return to that hard, R rated world of the original - is a smart move. However, if Shaw goes on to become the original Space Jockey, I will hunt Scott down and punch him right between his eyes!  ;D

The October release date is also potentially good news - being this close to Halloween might indicate a rachetting up of the terror / horror levels.

Fingers crossed! It's going to be a long two years!

You know someone who worked on Prometheus ?? Wow nice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bulldawg on Nov 19, 2015, 12:53:50 AM

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather wait than have a rushed piece.

Exactly. People need to stand up and call him out on bad ideas.

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2015, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: Bulldawg on Nov 19, 2015, 12:53:50 AM

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather wait than have a rushed piece.

Exactly. People need to stand up and call him out on bad ideas.

Its like that ?? I'll never understand life.

Whiskeybrewer

That just gave me a really disturbing image lmao

DaveT937

It was just a relative 'grunt', who worked in the production side.

Agreed re: corporal's sentiments. He does need to be challenged. Seems like Fox has reined him in this time, which I think is good news.

darkvegett0

Well here come another terrible movie from Scott ......

david8

david8

@darkvegett0...yeah terrible, like how the Martian was terrible eh? Concluding that'll it'll be terrible before it's even released is a non-sequitur.

Corporal Hicks

I tend to air on the side of caution myself but let's not judge it too much before hand. There is literally barely anything to judge it on yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed