#NEWTLIVES

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 14, 2015, 01:58:37 AM

Author
#NEWTLIVES (Read 27,470 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Eh, probably something to do with that fan film she was going to be in.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 14, 2015, 03:08:08 AM

Probably..

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 14, 2015, 01:58:37 AM
https://twitter.com/realcarriehenn/status/665326414359498752

I'll just leave this here.
Maybe a new 30th anniversary edition of ALIENS for Bluray?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 14, 2015, 03:14:00 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 14, 2015, 03:08:08 AM

Probably..

I'd like it to be. I was really looking forward to seeing another fan film - especially one of the new age professional fan films.

That said, I don't have a clue what it could be. A new documentary? New game? Something?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Please don't be anything x-rated. What!? In this day and age I don't put anything past anyone.

Shamo

Shamo

Or MAYBE its Alien Isolation 2!!!!!! But probably not....

Actually I would love an Alien Isolation game on Fury 161....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think she'd really have anything to do with a game. Should could voice a new character though.

Someone on our Facebook page suggested maybe NECA would be doing a Newt figure.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Just checked the 'Triborn' stuff. Not only are they still publicising their project without change, but are booked in that capacity for a convention panel.

The message seemed awfully celebratory - and I don't think a retrospective documentary would make sense if she's hash-tagging the 'lives' part of #NEWTLIVES.

Same goes for a game. Why would a game want to resurrect Rebecca Jordan? They already have Amanda Ripley as a character to play around with.

It's possible she might be publishing her own book, perhaps? I remember how Solphie Aldred wrote 'Ace!' Which was like a compendium of her time as Ace, the companion, on 'Doctor Who'. Maybe Carrie has a bunch of pictures and such, which are going to be in a similar volume. A kind of insider view of what it was like to be a child actor on that set. She would have access to virtually everyone involved, to conduct her own interviews. And I could see a book like that being titled, 'Newt Lives' - as in, the spirit of those times lives on.

But then... Why not just say she's authoring a book? Would get more publicity if she had done!

It just feels more logical for this to be something to do with the Blomkamp/Scott project. I'd say maybe a cameo, but I could see Blomkamp having that JJ Abrams-like desire to get as many of the original actors in to revise their roles as he could. So... Maybe?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not expecting it to be related to Alien 3.2 because of the "on hold" news. Unless they're trying to dispell all the doom-and-gloom cancellation mis-reporting.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That's the production phase, but it wouldn't stop her being asked if she'd be willing to appear in it.

Or, alternatively, we know she's on good term with Weaver. It might be Sigourney's had a friendly conversation with her and said, "Well, they're bringing Newt back." I could see Carrie thinking that was awesome, regardless of whether or not anyone's asked her to reprise the character.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'd love a book recounting her experience during the production of Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 14, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
That's the production phase, but it wouldn't stop her being asked if she'd be willing to appear in it.

Completely true. I'm just not expecting it because it doesn't seem like the right time for her to be trying to hype it.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Nov 14, 2015, 05:09:16 PM
I'd love a book recounting her experience during the production of Aliens.

It would be damn interesting. I'd be quite happy to read that!

Randomizer

Randomizer

As much as I'd love it to be, it's most probably not a game. Anything but not a game. My bet is a booklet, video documentary or something...

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Hopefully it means she is reprising her role as Newt in ablomkamp's film as an adult Rebecca Jorden.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed