Alien Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

Author
Alien Covenant? (Read 30,231 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 15, 2015, 01:54:08 PM
In my mind, Alien: Paradise always conjures images of an alien reclining in a hammock under a palm tree and sipping a piña colada.  :D

We need someone to draw that picture lol

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: The First Child on Nov 15, 2015, 01:59:48 AM
Alien: Covenant is okay. Unfortunately many people think of the alien collective from the Halo franchise when the word covenant pops up. You would not think it, but even people who have never played halo know what the covenant is. Alien: Paradise Lost is better, but personally a movie title like "Paradise Lost" or "Paradise" is the best. It's simple yet exciting, easy to remember. Like the Martian, Alien, Gladiator. It rolls off ones tongue with ease. 

Not being a native English speaker, and hearing it for the first time in Halo, can't help it anymore. It's like a reflex now.

QuoteCovenant = an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 15, 2015, 01:55:23 PM
In my mind, Alien: Paradise always conjures images of an alien reclining in a hammock under a palm tree and sipping a piña colada.  :D

Spoiler
Our lord and savior, Paint !

[close]

oduodu

oduodu

"Those pesky engineers are finally gone. Peace and quiet at last. "

"Honey long range scanner indicates shaw and david are almost here"

"Ah shit ......"

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

So is Alien: Covenant an official thing now?  Is Alien: Paradise Lost officially, ehem, lost?

david8

david8

I like the title, kind of ties nicely into the quasi-apocalyptic themes and religious undertones in Alien 3. Paradise Lost was a nice title but there's too many films with that title.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Its a long shot, but based on this new title and Carrie Henn's recent tweet ( which would NOT be for a fan film, cease and desist letters or not ) and this new writer being brought in to polish things, I think that Ridley Scott is looking ahead and to map out how he will tie everything together. I think whatever this "COVENANT" refers to or is, will end up tie-ing into why the Company wants the Alien, and that's what Ripley will be discovering in Alien 5. I will also state again, I believe she will discover that the Company had good reason to make her crew 'expendable' despite the Co. being and remaining shady and still largely a shadow organization.
I think the theme behind all of this will be when is some secret big enough to justify taking lives, and when does that go too far?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I must agree that making the corporations deeds honorable would be a neat avenue to pursue. However it would still be inline with the "it's just business" theme.

However on the naming convention, is it really Alien: Covenant? Cause to be honest Nothing official has been stated yet. I mean Ridley isn't the most reliable source. :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Daz85 on Nov 14, 2015, 10:02:59 AMWhy is it a clusterf-ck if the title changes a few times? There's no harm.

I was referring to the endless script revisions, title changes, it's less to do with Alien, it's more to do with Alien... The whole scenario does not instil confidence.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2015, 01:30:49 AM
So is Alien: Covenant an official thing now?  Is Alien: Paradise Lost officially, ehem, lost?

Not official yet.

david8

david8

"Its a long shot, but based on this new title and Carrie Henn's recent tweet ( which would NOT be for a fan film, cease and desist letters or not ) and this new writer being brought in to polish things, I think that Ridley Scott is looking ahead and to map out how he will tie everything together. I think whatever this "COVENANT" refers to or is, will end up tie-ing into why the Company wants the Alien, and that's what Ripley will be discovering in Alien 5. I will also state again, I believe she will discover that the Company had good reason to make her crew 'expendable' despite the Co. being and remaining shady and still largely a shadow organization.
I think the theme behind all of this will be when is some secret big enough to justify taking lives, and when does that go too far?"

This. I have to say that this sounds likely, remember Scott insinuated that the beast was created to protect the engineers from something ("...protect them from what?") whatever IT is, perhaps the company finds out too, and that's why they want the creature so much. 

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Randomizer on Nov 15, 2015, 06:10:41 PM
Quote from: The First Child on Nov 15, 2015, 01:59:48 AM
Alien: Covenant is okay. Unfortunately many people think of the alien collective from the Halo franchise when the word covenant pops up. You would not think it, but even people who have never played halo know what the covenant is. Alien: Paradise Lost is better, but personally a movie title like "Paradise Lost" or "Paradise" is the best. It's simple yet exciting, easy to remember. Like the Martian, Alien, Gladiator. It rolls off ones tongue with ease. 

Not being a native English speaker, and hearing it for the first time in Halo, can't help it anymore. It's like a reflex now.

QuoteCovenant = an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 15, 2015, 01:55:23 PM

Spoiler
Our lord and savior, Paint !

[close]

Sweet XD

yoyomidn

yoyomidn

IF you're going to make a sequel to prometheus and call it Alien : ****whatever*********  why the confusion? It was the same question when they started Prometheus. So in the end, undoubtedly it will should be Prometheus : with a title here because it is the a sequel being made less then 5 years after the first one. It wouldnt make any sense promotionally. Unless it's another mind screw.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Covenant.  Paradis Lost.  Makes no difference whatsoever as long as we get a good movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yoyomidn on Nov 16, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
IF you're going to make a sequel to prometheus and call it Alien : ****whatever*********  why the confusion? It was the same question when they started Prometheus. So in the end, undoubtedly it will should be Prometheus : with a title here because it is the a sequel being made less then 5 years after the first one. It wouldnt make any sense promotionally. Unless it's another mind screw.

I think it's likely they know the Prometheus brand isn't as viable as Alien.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2015, 03:58:26 PM
Covenant.  Paradis Lost.  Makes no difference whatsoever as long as we get a good movie.

At the end of the day...this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed