News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,044 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I do like the idea of The Forever War being used. Its probably the most intriguing thing ive now heard about Covenant.

Could have something to do with David finding everything around him changing and dying while he stays the same

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 04, 2016, 10:03:36 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 07:48:12 AM
I'm unsure if this is an authentic account (I'm checking with PR) but the Alien: Covenant Official Instagram account is claiming we'll be getting a trailer with Assasain's Creed: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLHYkwiBiIK/

Quote"Pleased to announce the first official @aliencovenant teaser will debut along with the #assasinscreed film. #aliencovenant #alien #teaser #20thcenturyfox"

That said, it's when I expect we'll be seeing a trailer and it is a Fox film so it's not unlikely.

Nice find!! So December 21 is when Assassin's creed comes out. Anyone planning to go see that movie with Fassbender in it? I tried the first game, not really my type of game..One of you Predator assassins need to go on assignment and videotape the preview. :)

I think I will do it actually, I'll just pay for Star Wars and sneak in the beginning of Assassin's Creed..damn 2+ more months..getting there slowly.

Don't bank on it just yet. I'm still trying to find out for sure if it's legit or not. I was planning on seeing Assassin's Creed anyway (man crush on Fassbender and unlimited film card) so it would be a nice bonus to see the trailer up on the big screen. I don't think I ever caught Prometheus' trailer on the cinema. I do remember catching AvP's before I Robot though.  :)

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 04, 2016, 10:07:09 AM
Could have something to do with David finding everything around him changing and dying while he stays the same

That could be an interesting take on it. But I don't feel that enough time will have passed for that to be an issue for David yet.

Nostromo

I checked their Instagram profile for fun, seems rather legit or a very dedicated person. I say it's real! :)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 04, 2016, 10:07:09 AM

That could be an interesting take on it. But I don't feel that enough time will have passed for that to be an issue for David yet.

Depends really, consider how far he's grown past his original programming

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 04, 2016, 10:14:33 AM
I checked their Instagram profile for fun, seems rather legit or a very dedicated person. I say it's real! :)

There's only 2 pictures on their profile. Including the one that made this announcement.  :P Let's wait for Fox PR to get back to me or for them to make an announcement via the Alien social media profiles they've been using thus far.

Nostromo

Damn...have you seen how many Prometheus studio pictures they have on that account!! That is definitely real!  :o

What the heck was I just looking at lol...let me go back there and see.

Corporal Hicks

I've got a feeling your looking at the location they tagged on the photo, not the actual account. This is the account. 2 photos.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Meh...was looking here :( #aliencovenant our guy is #aliencovenantofficial ...bah lol.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/aliencovenant/

Yeah, I clicked on it thinking it was their twitter link. Never been on Instagram.

Corporal Hicks

My head is currently being shaken.  :laugh:

g2vd

How have Scified's hilarious hijinks been so far?

Still as good as their Godzilla 2014 phase? lol

Enoch

Enoch

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/783211465192779776

No time effects! :) Wayne is around I guess, he wrote that tweet as if he had seen all the discussion here. ;D
Wayne is omnipresent! :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 07:48:12 AM
Time dilation seems too obvious, its the whole crux in which the character drama revolves around (great book!)...perhaps it's something more akin to not being able to understand the enemy?

Maybe its that. Not understanding "the ways of god"... but its too vague. Its a small novel,
I ll read it and write my ideas. I think its something more specific! I didnt like the idea of time dilation,
that would be too obvious and too repetitive for sci fi movies (Interstellar)...

Or maybe this is the thing: humans were created only to serve as a mean of war, maybe clones...

Corporal Hicks

He does peruse this thread from time to time.  :P

Enoch

Corporal Hicks

Don't you remember that picture he shared of the 3D printed Alien? The lil' guy was reading over this thread.  :P

In all seriousness though, I do recommend reading Forever War. Very interesting book. I might give it a re-read myself.

Enoch

Enoch

I ve already acquired The Forever War;D
I ll read it today, tomorrow.

Found it, yeah, Wayne is omnipresent ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed