News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,142 times)

Highland

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 25, 2017, 01:24:35 AM
  Hell, David may even be anticipating them doing so and is going to be ready to greet them with his new army of Aliens. 

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 25, 2017, 01:24:35 AM
It's speculation on my part.  David clearly hasn't finished with his creation.  We know Scott intends for the Engineers to return to find their planet decimated.  They're not going to just sit around like a bunch of mopy Goths in their ruined citadel.  They'll be out for revenge.  They'll figure out what happened.  David left all of his evidence in his lab. 

It's not that difficult to see the Engineers lift the lockdown on their fleet of ships beneath the city and pursue David.  Hell, David may even be anticipating them doing so and is going to be ready to greet them with his new army of Aliens. 

From this point it's just a matter of getting an Engineer infected and the eggs aboard one of their ships.  It just needs a greater purpose than just providing a tie into the first movie.  There has to be a narrative that drives a greater goal beyond the derelict on Acheron being the final 'Ah-hah!' moment.  [/i]

Well, that's my take on it, anyway.

-Windebieste.

You're take is similar to mine.

I've been thinking Walter might be still alive. He knows where the Covenant went.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Did we ever find out who actually sculpted/designed that mural? Would love to try and get some background on the intent of it.

I believe it was Julian Caldrow who designed it and Steven Messing who digitally sculpted it.

wmmvrrvrrmm wrote a great article on the mural:

http://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/2012/06/prometheus-giger-esque-relief-in-head.html

Rudiger

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 25, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

I've been thinking Walter might be still alive. He knows where the Covenant went.

He knows where it was meant to be going.

Hamster1066

Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 25, 2017, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 25, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

He knows where it was meant to be going.

I like really the final shot with the Covenant heading off to a deep, dark corner of space. It's goading the viewer with possibilities, who knows what happens, but in twenty years time humans will stumble across similar things again. But are they David's experiments or the ancient precursor to them that is even more terrifying.

Highland

I guess that throws up a possibility that I didn't think about. We can have a sequel to Covenant that is also a reboot of the franchise.

If Davids ship went off into some dark piece of Space and did all kinds of experiments  then it could be a good starting point for a new timeline. David would be gone, fate perhaps unknown and the Planet could be one giant experiment. Black Goo inventions on a planetary scale.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 25, 2017, 03:01:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Did we ever find out who actually sculpted/designed that mural? Would love to try and get some background on the intent of it.

I believe it was Julian Caldrow who designed it and Steven Messing who digitally sculpted it.

wmmvrrvrrmm wrote a great article on the mural:

http://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/2012/06/prometheus-giger-esque-relief-in-head.html

Thanks. I've tried to chat to Messing before but that went nowhere. Must try Caldrow then.

Just been chatting to Julian Caldrow. He was more responsible for set design than the actual mural itself.

Perfect-Organism

I was just reading through this thread, and it occurs to me that what David did, may have been skin deep after all.  In the movies, it is clear that he was playing around with insects.  Perhaps the single major point of difference between insects and most animals is that their bone structure is on the outside.  So David could have introduced the external shell to the basic alien species which he discovered.  There is no way of knowing what the skin texture was like on the creatures in the mural.  It could have been like the noemorph.  If David's work was skin deep in this way, then it would be literal, but by no means superficial.  And yet clearly he would be as mistaken about where credit is due for creation, as he was about the poem in Covenant.

Scorpio

Ridley did say in the commentary that the xeno is the 'armoured version'.

irn

Quote from: Hamster1066 on Aug 25, 2017, 05:33:50 PM
I like really the final shot with the Covenant heading off to a deep, dark corner of space. It's goading the viewer with possibilities, who knows what happens, but in twenty years time humans will stumble across similar things again.

It could be a way of making Prometheus 3/Covenant 2/Alien 5 the same film.

0321recon

Quote from: irn on Jun 24, 2018, 01:19:08 AM
I like really the final shot with the Covenant heading off to a deep, dark corner of space. It's goading the viewer with possibilities, who knows what happens, but in twenty years time humans will stumble across similar things again.

I wouldn't mind the final film being a 2hr 45min epic sequel to Covenant and Aliens in a X Men Days of Future Past setting were both Fassbender and Weaver chew the scenery with the xenos and engineers in the war of the worlds scenario that Scott pitched.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Apr 25, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

In space no one can't oven

https://twitter.com/moviemarker/status/856856744047366146

Apparently Ridley Scott's  "LIAEN: OVEN CANT" bus isn't the only f*cked-up movie poster bus driving around in the UK. Someone has been doing some bus spotting:  :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Anyone around here got them updates? I need my fix, man...
I got this cheeseburger...

Huggs

I wanna see Jim Hock 3 and Franken Ranken.

I'll pass on We Down, We Down. I'm not a big fan of the Foxx twins.

Monster Man

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 24, 2018, 04:14:42 AM
Quote from: irn on Jun 24, 2018, 01:19:08 AM

I wouldn't mind the final film being a 2hr 45min epic sequel to Covenant and Aliens in a X Men Days of Future Past setting were both Fassbender and Weaver chew the scenery with the xenos and engineers in the war of the worlds scenario that Scott pitched.

That would be awesome. End this prequel trilogy on a cosmic bang.

Just all out WAR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed