News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,214 times)

Paranoid Android

So basically you're saying that David's role in the "creation" of the alien is purely cosmetic. He added absolutely nothing to the creature that had already existed other than its looks.

SM

Where did anyone say that?

I think 426Buddy summed it up fairly well.

TWJones

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 24, 2017, 11:12:24 PM
So you guys can't see that queen. Fine, suppose. You still see the egg and facehuggers. If those existed 2000 years before the events of Prometheus, what exactly did David create?

I don't see any eggs in the mural. I get that the entire thing is similarly shaped, but no eggs on it.
I also think the presence of a queen is sort of an optical illusion. Similarities, but I don't think it's there.

Looking at David's lab it's hard to say exactly what he created and what he tinkered with. Like most artists, he starts by reverse engineering what has already been created, and once he understands it he either perfects it, or uses what he learned to create his own. Like someone learning the guitar...there are only so many chords, but the possibilities for writing your own song are endless.

At least that's how I see.

If anything, I think it can be argued that the only thing David truly "created" were the eggs, using Shaw of course.
And the Alien is his version of pre-existing creatures, most likely the Deacon, genetically tinkered with to be what we see in Covenant. Probably some Engineer DNA in there too, maybe even some of Shaw's.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2017, 11:28:00 PM
Where did anyone say that?

I think 426Buddy summed it up fairly well.

Right there, in the bold text:

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 24, 2017, 11:18:19 PM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 24, 2017, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 24, 2017, 09:44:50 PM
How do you know?
Because David supposedly designs them according to those prequels, and without him they do not exist. Then again, you are free to provide evidence of deacon eggs, facehugger and queen to disprove my argument.

The mural.

Everything shown on the mural is different than the Alien as we know it and as seen in covenant.

We know that many of the properties inherent to davids creation are already present in other goo creatures. Impregnation, chestbursting, acid, enlongated heads ect. David may have created the alien as we know it, but other similar goo creatures appear to have been around for much longer. The creature and images in the mural do not look like the classic creatures because they aren't.

Quote from: TWJones on Aug 24, 2017, 11:28:46 PM
I don't see any eggs in the mural. I get that the entire thing is similarly shaped, but no eggs on it.
This is just a cop-out. The whole thing is shaped like an egg, which you see.

426Buddy

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 24, 2017, 11:20:07 PM
So basically you're saying that David's role in the "creation" of the alien is purely cosmetic. He added absolutely nothing to the creature that had already existed other than its looks.

Added the exoskeleton, strength, the double mouth, refined it perhaps, created the facehugger delivery system as we know it. Probably combined many of the properties present in the other goo creatures (wolves) with insects and other things on paradise. I think queen will be his major addition, giving the creature a self sustaining lifecycle.

Its more than obvious that the body bursting, acid, enlongated heads, lack of eyes, and other things are already present in other goo creatures, thats undeniable right? The goo worms have acid, the deacon and neomorphs burst from the body, dont have eyes, and have enlongated heads.

The creature at the center of the mural doesnt look like an alien right? But it is similar and the mural is obviously old.

Really I should know better by now. Paranoid never concedes anything, never gives an inch regardless.

SM

Quite.

It's clear David didn't create the things from scratch as evidence in Prometheus - but it's more than simply cosmetic.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 24, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
Added the exoskeleton, strength, the double mouth, refined it perhaps, created the facehugger delivery system as we know it. Probably combined many of the properties present in the other goo creatures (wolves) with insects and other things on paradise. I think queen will be his major addition, giving the creature a self sustaining lifecycle.

The previous goo creatures seemed pretty strong to me. The trilobite...the neomorph...
The deacon had a double mouth.
The facehugger delivery system is clearly visible in the mural, so we know 100% David had nothing to do with that.

All that's left is the exoskeleton, which doesn't even exist yet, and at the end of the day is just a cosmetic addition.

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 24, 2017, 11:20:07 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 24, 2017, 11:47:45 PM
Pretty much, yeah.
Alright, then we agree. David created nothing; He's a glorified skin designer.

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 24, 2017, 11:51:13 PM
Quote from: Alionic on Aug 24, 2017, 11:47:45 PM
Pretty much, yeah.
Alright, then we agree. David created nothing; He's a glorified skin designer.

Why is this so difficult to understand? David never created the black goo/virus needed in order to create the Xenomorph. It's so baffling how you insist on having everything spelled out for you about this film when you laud the unanswered mysteriousness of the original Alien.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Alionic on Aug 25, 2017, 12:01:07 AM
Why is this so difficult to understand? David never created the black goo/virus needed in order to create the Xenomorph. It's so baffling how you insist on having everything spelled out for you about this film when you laud the unanswered mysteriousness of the original Alien.
It's not. We're on the same side of the argument: we both think that David being the creator of anything is BS.

oduodu

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 24, 2017, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Aug 24, 2017, 11:09:15 AM
Maybe, the returning Engineers will use those ships to chase down David.  It's a short stretch to sketch in the details if that's the case; to have an Engineer pilot infected by one of David's creation to become Acheron's derelict. 

In this instance indirectly David creates the Jockey right ? I mean if we go by this post?

an Engineer pilot infected by one of David's creation to become Acheron's derelict

End quote

Predaker

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 25, 2017, 12:11:05 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Aug 25, 2017, 12:01:07 AM
It's not. We're on the same side of the argument: we both think that David being the creator of anything is BS.

Except for the original Alien.

And some tunes on the flute.

windebieste

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 25, 2017, 12:38:00 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 24, 2017, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Aug 24, 2017, 11:09:15 AM
Maybe, the returning Engineers will use those ships to chase down David.  It's a short stretch to sketch in the details if that's the case; to have an Engineer pilot infected by one of David's creation to become Acheron's derelict. 

In this instance indirectly David creates the Jockey right ? I mean if we go by this post?

an Engineer pilot infected by one of David's creation to become Acheron's derelict

End quote

It's speculation on my part.  David clearly hasn't finished with his creation.  We know Scott intends for the Engineers to return to find their planet decimated.  They're not going to just sit around like a bunch of mopy Goths in their ruined citadel.  They'll be out for revenge.  They'll figure out what happened.  David left all of his evidence in his lab. 

It's not that difficult to see the Engineers lift the lockdown on their fleet of ships beneath the city and pursue David.  Hell, David may even be anticipating them doing so and is going to be ready to greet them with his new army of Aliens. 

From this point it's just a matter of getting an Engineer infected and the eggs aboard one of their ships.  It just needs a greater purpose than just providing a tie into the first movie.  There has to be a narrative that drives a greater goal beyond the derelict on Acheron being the final 'Ah-hah!' moment. 

Scott wants to turn this into a long running series, that moment where the derelict's origin is explained will end up just being a signpost along the much longer path this is all taking.  It's going to be an event to one side of the bigger plans Scott intends to put in place.  And like a lot of elements present in this new series, expecting all the details to be laid out before you so you can spell it out easily won't happen.

Well, that's my take on it, anyway.

-Windebieste.

oduodu

Winde that seems nice. I like it. it'll be nice to see David interact with engineers again. Itl be nice to see purpose driven engineers going at David.

A previous poster stated that David looked like a fallen angel cherub especially the eyes. That thought crossed my mind as well.

I hoped there is an play of David having hordes of other fallen angels at some point. Perhaps the colonists will be like him or the alien . There is the possibility that the engineers has a host engineer spirits.(Of dead engineers) looking looking for bodies to live in. And the aliens provides them with that.

Demon possessed aliens. #shivers#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed