Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2015, 01:45:05 AM

Author
Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost (Read 52,593 times)

windebieste

I believe Blomkamp is capable of making a very good 'ALIEN' movie.  As a Director, I think he can pull it off.  I've seen all of his stuff to date and it's a mixed bag, for sure.  He's technically very competent and capable of placing something on the big screen that will be a very engaging piece of cinema framed within this series. 

To do so, he will need a great script and a completely fresh cast to fill the necessary roles of pitching the USCM against Xenos.  It would be the bomb! 

I want to see that movie get made.   The presence of Ripley and Hicks just complicates the entire situation.  Needlessly.

-Windebieste

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 07, 2015, 12:19:16 AM
I think NB has an admirer.

For the record, I was one of the loudest critics against the spontaneous outpouring to champion getting the project green-lit, based on nothing but some pretty concept art being dumped into the public domain. I was very mindful that 'Colonial Marines' had some nice pictures when that was in development, too.

However, I'm also a big believer in giving a film a chance, so long as it's being helmed by competent talent. Some of the interviews have given me hope it won't be as superficial as some were fearing, certainly. Especially when he was very open and up front about acknowledging the flaws of 'Elysium' (which is more than can be said for Ridley Scott, in regards to 'Prometheus').

Until we get some concrete news, either way, I'm content to just sit back and hope for the best. I just don't see the sense in hyping or bitching about it, when we're cruising along in an absence of information.

CainsSon

A few people seem to be acting as if this isnt bad news for Blomkamps Alien film. Yes, its 'holding' but Blomkamp also says it is 'pending' Prometheus 2... And he says 'as much as I like Ripley and the Aliens' he will be working on other things. He is saying basically that he isnt sure that its going to happen and isnt waiting, and he wont know until fox approves that its miving forward PENDING prometheus 2...  For whatever reason Fox wants to wait for Prometheus 2 to be finished before moving forward... Thats means its indefinite. He is telling us, because of that, for now he is moving on.

whiterabbit

I think the delay is going to be a good thing and like I have said before; NB can definitely pull it off. I'd just prefer something ~newer. I also don't think the delay is a death sentence, fox needs an R-rated sci-fi/horror/action movie in it's repertoire and Alien fits that bill perfectly.

Oh and the reason I feel he wants to redue alien³ is because that is what he has hinted at since he made the announcement. You know, to make the sequel to aliens that he wants too. It is what it is. Not an alien movie persay, but his version of the sequel he wanted to see ~25 years ago. I don't think he needs to do that nor do I want them to go into that direction and yes that is where I think the movie was headed. However I'll take whatever he gives us to be honest. :P

Go Neil Bloomkamp. *waves xeno-flag™ in the air. Go team NB. :P

Xenomorphine

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 07, 2015, 02:46:19 AM
A few people seem to be acting as if this isnt bad news for Blomkamps Alien film. Yes, its 'holding' but Blomkamp also says it is 'pending' Prometheus 2... And he says 'as much as I like Ripley and the Aliens' he will be working on other things. He is saying basically that he isnt sure that its going to happen and isnt waiting, and he wont know until fox approves that its miving forward PENDING prometheus 2...  For whatever reason Fox wants to wait for Prometheus 2 to be finished before moving forward... Thats means its indefinite. He is telling us, because of that, for now he is moving on.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He is telling us, because of that, for now he is moving on.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/659897245353951236

The omission of the words "in the meantime" in that tweet is quite interesting actually. One could interpret it as, "he's done with Alien, he's moving on, not going back".

But it could also just be a way of putting pressure on the studio again. I think they realise that they would need Blomkamp to make it happen. It's their IP but Blomkamp's story. Would he allow them to develop his story under a different director if he were to leave the project?

Posting facts makes him neither an admirer nor a critic.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 07, 2015, 01:40:59 PM
He is telling us, because of that, for now he is moving on.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/659897245353951236

The omission of the words "in the meantime" in that tweet is quite interesting actually. One could interpret it as, "he's done with Alien, he's moving on, not going back".

But it could also just be a way of putting pressure on the studio again. I think they realise that they would need Blomkamp to make it happen. It's their IP but Blomkamp's story. Would he allow them to develop his story under a different director if he were to leave the project?

Posting facts makes him neither an admirer nor a critic.
... or those words exceeded the 185 character limit on twitter... they're not facts, just conjecture. The only fact posted on this board is that none of us know what the hell's going on. Besides, why so serious. The comment has no meaning. Just after all the negativity someone came out and said it. None of us know much about it.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 30, 2015, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: swarm87 on Oct 30, 2015, 10:49:43 AM
YAY!!!!! no fanboy retcon fanfilm.
Pretty much this. Alien3 lives on (for now) and I couldn't be happier.
Alien 3 fans have scored some breathing space.

NickisSmart

That's because Ridley is the Master and Blompkamp is the Apprentice.

T Dog

The only way they'll let Blomkamp do A5 now is if Paradise Lost is a total bomb that fans hate it. Hence the "pending" part of his tweet.

The only other way would be if he did one of the Prometheus sequels (which would be cool as he is pro the psycho-sexual Giger aesthetic) or if he took an element from the Prometheus series and made a continuation of it set sometime beyond Resurrection. I just don't see the A3 retcon ever happening now.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 07, 2015, 09:17:20 PM
... or those words exceeded the 185 character limit on twitter...

Nah, if you add those words it would still be within Twitter's 140 character limit. Go on, count 'em rabbit! You know you want to.  :P

Quotethey're not facts, just conjecture.

Xenomorphine was quoting from interviews conducted with Blomkamp, how can it be "just conjecture"?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Nov 08, 2015, 03:02:23 AM
You're assuming he had a say in it.

Oh, I'm sure Ridley Scott's the one who had the ultimate say in it. :)

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 08, 2015, 01:33:17 PM
The only way they'll let Blomkamp do A5 now is if Paradise Lost is a total bomb that fans hate it. Hence the "pending" part of his tweet.

The only other way would be if he did one of the Prometheus sequels (which would be cool as he is pro the psycho-sexual Giger aesthetic) or if he took an element from the Prometheus series and made a continuation of it set sometime beyond Resurrection. I just don't see the A3 retcon ever happening now.

Except Blomkamp's film has already been green-lit and is far enough into the pre-production phase for actual props to be getting machined and fabricated.

There reason he wrote 'pending' really wasn't cryptic. There isn't any need to go searching for hidden meanings. Scott's the main producer. That's the single most important person on a film set. The moment the 'Prometheus' sequel is wrapped, then things will be full steam ahead. At this point, the project can afford to be that way - they won't be losing money by simply pausing for a while.

If they were already filming, it would be a very different story.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 08, 2015, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 07, 2015, 09:17:20 PM
... or those words exceeded the 185 character limit on twitter...

Nah, if you add those words it would still be within Twitter's 140 character limit. Go on, count 'em rabbit! You know you want to.  :P

Quotethey're not facts, just conjecture.

Xenomorphine was quoting from interviews conducted with Blomkamp, how can it be "just conjecture"?
First, I thought twitter increased their character limit but then again, twitter is something I don't bother with and second, he said none of us know what the film is about. Hence the conjecture on the part of all of us. Which is why I agree with Xenomorphine that we don't know what the plan is nor where all of the hate for NB is coming from. I'm just happy that there's interest in the alien franchise.

That being said, what kind of fan boy are you? Retcon or wet-my-undies? :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 08, 2015, 08:59:18 PM
That being said, what kind of fan boy are you? Retcon or wet-my-undies? :P

The Eighth shall remain inscrutably enigmatic, as always. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed