Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 73,537 times)

Xenomrph

Yeah, Grant Corp originated in 'Aliens: Genocide', but the company gets a name-drop in a couple other stories (Music of the spears I'm pretty sure on, and maybe 'Aliens: No Exit'?)

SM

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 28, 2016, 03:53:57 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 28, 2016, 03:50:36 AM
I seem to recall MotS name-dropping the Grant Corporation and maybe another corporation that was introduced in one of the post-Female War stories.

I remember the Grant Corporation from when I was reading Aliens: Genocide. The character who owned it was quite interesting. I liked seeing his evolution throughout the story from some sleazy and greedy corporate CEO to a person that slowly began to care for the people he worked with. His relationship with Alex Kozlowski (I think that was the female Colonial Marine's name) was interesting to see how it grew.

Baffles me why they changed her name from Lee to Kozlowski from comic to novel.  Ultimately the problem with Grant Corp was Daniel Grant claimed to be a changed man after the events of Genocide - yet Grant Corp continued on its merry way with Alien exploitation for years to come.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 28, 2016, 03:56:02 AM
Yeah, Grant Corp originated in 'Aliens: Genocide', but the company gets a name-drop in a couple other stories (Music of the spears I'm pretty sure on, and maybe 'Aliens: No Exit'?)

I remember that it being mentioned in Criminal Enterterprise too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 28, 2016, 03:56:02 AMYeah, Grant Corp originated in 'Aliens: Genocide', but the company gets a name-drop in a couple other stories (Music of the spears I'm pretty sure on, and maybe 'Aliens: No Exit'?)

In the novel of Rogue John Cray, the guy the main characters deliver to the planet and whose DNA Kleist uses to create the Rogue, is said to be a Grant Corporation corporate spy. Not sure if that was in the comic or just added for the book.

Always made me laugh how he lives in the comic but dies in the novel.

felix

Omnibus Vol 5 Cover

Upcoming Titan Book Tie ins for 2017.
https://bnccatalist.ca/viewcatalogue.aspx?id=18013

RidgeTop

They need to stop using that Aliens: Colonial Marines model.

Xenomrph

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 04, 2017, 05:46:55 AM
They need to stop using that Aliens: Colonial Marines model.
I think it's a neat looking design, and it's not that different from the 'Aliens' design such that I think it ruins it. We've gotten WAY, WAY worse cover art (forthcoming Aliens: Bug Hunt, cough cough).

felix

I wish we got  a sequel to Original Sin.

Russ840

The hips are awful on that design.

Corporal Hicks

It's not the worse but I really wish they'd give us some original artwork instead of all these Colonial Marine screenshots or dodgy photoshops.  :'(

Interesting that they're doing the DH Press novels too. Perhaps there is a hope we'll see a reprint of South China Sea.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2017, 07:48:34 AM
It's not the worse but I really wish they'd give us some original artwork instead of all these Colonial Marine screenshots or dodgy photoshops.  :'(

Interesting that they're doing the DH Press novels too. Perhaps there is a hope we'll see a reprint of South China Sea.

I hope so. I really want to read that one.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 04, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2017, 07:48:34 AM

I hope so. I really want to read that one.
Ditto - I've still got my copy, but if more people get a chance to read it, the better.

Although I wonder how willing Titan would be to reprinting the "Hish" DH Press novels. If the plan is to potentially address the topic in a future Predator anthology book like was hinted at in another thread, then it's kind of a non-issue though.

Corporal Hicks

So far they've only got the original Bantam Predator novels due for an Omnibus and it's not labeled as a volume 1.

Russ840

Has that been announced? Did I miss that ?

Corporal Hicks

I thought it had but I can't see a thread on it. I'll get one up shortly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed