Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 74,745 times)

Corporal Hicks

I think they'll maintain a steady pace. I don't think it has to appeal to go overboard like that.

HuDaFuK

"Alien: Covenant - The Official Movie Sequel"?!

felix

Anyone getting the Vol 3 Omnibus next week?

SM

Nah already got them.  Waiting for Volume 4.

Xenomrph

I've still got all my old first edition Bantam prints from back in the day, no real reason to buy the reprints.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 25, 2016, 08:39:52 PM
Nah already got them.  Waiting for Volume 4.

Need Berserker?

SM

And MOTS.  I read MOTS years ago, but it was borrowed from a library.

Corporal Hicks

I didn't think Music was hard to come by?

Probably be the best volume out of the lot. I loved Music for how different it was and Berserker was such a great adaptation. Really enhanced the whole story.

SM

MOTS did a good job of portraying a story about the creation of a musical piece in a medium devoid of audio.  It also added some depth to the main players. Unfortunately it didn't seem to have any relationship or links with the wider universe established in other novels.

HuDaFuK

It didn't help that the book gave the story a date that made no sense.

SM

Pretty sure it was in line with some of the other books (ie. a century too early).

HuDaFuK

None of the other books ever put a specific date to anything. Just some vague amount of time after Aliens. But then Music goes and dates its story as happening years before Aliens, despite mentioning the events of the film and several of the other books as having already happened.

SM

Earth Hive gives a launch date for the Benedict and K-014 as April 5 2092, and many of the other books mention how many years since the Alien invasion (Genocide for instance gives a date of being 18 years after).  So MOTS being in 2124 fits in that regard, but Navarro doesn't mention the Earth invasion instead talking about characters growing up on Earth when the invasion would be happening and something called the 'Homeworld Wars'.

Xenomrph

I seem to recall MotS name-dropping the Grant Corporation and maybe another corporation that was introduced in one of the post-Female War stories.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 28, 2016, 03:50:36 AM
I seem to recall MotS name-dropping the Grant Corporation and maybe another corporation that was introduced in one of the post-Female War stories.

I remember the Grant Corporation from when I was reading Aliens: Genocide. The character who owned it was quite interesting. I liked seeing his evolution throughout the story from some sleazy and greedy corporate CEO to a person that slowly began to care for the people he worked with. His relationship with Alex Kozlowski (I think that was the female Colonial Marine's name) was interesting to see how it grew.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed