Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 73,538 times)

Randomizer

Does anyone know if these are available as eBooks, or were made for the sole purpose of being back in stores?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 19, 2016, 07:33:30 PM
Does anyone know if these are available as eBooks, or were made for the sole purpose of being back in stores?

I don't know mate. I will ask for you though.

I've uploaded my review for the first book in the Omnibus, Earth Hive. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-earth-hive/

TheBATMAN

Perhaps he couldn't use terms like 'Pulse Rifle' and 'APC' due to some kind of licensing issue? I seem to recall the original conic was not allowed to use the company for some reason. It seems pretty clear that Bionational was intended to be weyland-yutani.

HuDaFuK

Pulse Rifle perhaps, but APC? That's a completely generic military term.

TheBATMAN

Then I don't know, but there must be some underlying reason somewhere.

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 20, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

I've uploaded my review for the first book in the Omnibus, Earth Hive. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-earth-hive/

Thanks. I can't get these as paperbacks: they either cost too much to get 'em shipped (delivery included) than they're worth, or I can't get them AT ALL. Reading them as eBooks is more convenient.

I thought the review was going to be all-in-one originally. You misspelled "Buddha" as "Budha" back there.  :P

Quote from: ArticleAnother issue I had with the comic series that ported across to the novelization was in the terminology. The weapons are called blasters, the APC has become some sort of amalgamation of a dropship and APC. It's a small issue but one I find quite grating and could have been one that was fixed by Perry for the novelization. It just didn't feel as if it was properly part of the Aliens universe.

Was this problem fixed in the Omnibus? I....IT was pissing me off beyond limits in the original.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 20, 2016, 06:08:23 PM
I thought the review was going to be all-in-one originally. You misspelled "Buddha" as "Budha" back there.  :P

Spell check didn't pick that one up. Thanks

Quote from: ArticleAnother issue I had with the comic series that ported across to the novelization was in the terminology. The weapons are called blasters, the APC has become some sort of amalgamation of a dropship and APC. It's a small issue but one I find quite grating and could have been one that was fixed by Perry for the novelization. It just didn't feel as if it was properly part of the Aliens universe.

Was this problem fixed in the Omnibus? I....IT was pissing me off beyond limits in the original.

It was not.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-nightmare-asylum/

My thoughts on Nightmare Asylum. I know HuDa wont agree with me.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

You can't be right all the time/You're a grunt, you're not paid to think etc. :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 02, 2016, 11:23:16 AM
You can't be right all the time/You're a grunt, you're not paid to think etc. :P

At least the guy in my avatar made it to the end of the film!  :P

HuDaFuK

I see your survival and raise you a breakfast-in-bed cigar.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2016, 11:19:18 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-nightmare-asylum/

My thoughts on Nightmare Asylum. I know HuDa wont agree with me.  :laugh:

Woah, that was close. I read the review without actually finishing the book.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 20, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

Have you managed to get an answer for that?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Feb 02, 2016, 05:47:17 PM

I don't think I spoiled it much did I?

Sorry, not yet.

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2016, 06:21:42 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Feb 02, 2016, 05:47:17 PM

I don't think I spoiled it much did I?

Sorry, not yet.

You didn't. MAYBE just a little hint at...

(Possible spoiler?)
Spoiler
General Spears becoming a villain. Sensing from the uneasiness of the first encounter, it seems way too predictable.
[close]

I'm just curious getting the Omnibus for one reason: possible edits. I know these are most likely small and won't add to the story too much, but since it's my first time reading these books, I might as well go for it.

Something like the 2010 reprint of Halo: The Fall of Reach minus the Adjunct section.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My last review for Volume 1 is now up! http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-the-female-war/

There does appear to be Kindle versions of these now.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed