Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 35,750 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 17, 2015, 04:05:01 PMIf Blomkamp wants to make a 'true' sequel to Aliens he should adhere to the style, like CA did with Alien Isolation.

This is actually a solid point. CA specifically duplicated the look and tech of Alien regardless of how technology has advanced in the mean time, and it helped that game immeasurably. Altering things just because you can feels unnecessary.

Of course, maybe there are reasons in Blomkamp's script, but I think hfeldhaus' raises a good point.

Vermillion

It will be Hick's personal Pulse Rifle. 
It's the one from Aliens. 

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

That look cant be the one we will se in the movie because it just looks like a home made fan extended Pulse rifle. :) I think as the movie should take place 25-30 years after Aliens than they should upgrade the look of the gun obviously(like Force Awakens will after 32 years after Return of the Jedi), and they not in prepro that much to have a final look prop from the film.Blomkamp just finished the first draft.

For the retcon/not retcon thing i think its very much important for the fans if its always topic, and we all fans knows what happend in A3 and Ressurection no matter how old a fan is and who havent seen the last two i think not a real fan.
It was mentioned it shouldnt include Ripley and Hicks and would be easier to do a stand alone spin off of course but its all started as Sigourney wanted to finish Ripleys story in a proper way and she dont wanted to continue from wher Res left that movie would made aroun 2001 there was a script but she dont wanted to do becaudlse Eart setting or who knows why...so the only way to follow up is after the Aliens/Alien 3 era which i like but i still like A3 and Res and i dont want to get retconned or multiverse..so what could be the solution makes everyone happy?

System Apollo

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 17, 2015, 04:05:01 PM
If Blomkamp wants to make a 'true' sequel to Aliens he should adhere to the style, like CA did with Alien Isolation.
CA made a digitigrade alien which completely disregards what we know of Alien's life-cycle. The whole aesthetic of the game was spot on though.

hfeldhaus

Yes but that was a game mechanic.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Danny Harrigan on Oct 17, 2015, 07:18:40 PM
It was mentioned it shouldnt include Ripley and Hicks and would be easier to do a stand alone spin off of course but its all started as Sigourney wanted to finish Ripleys story in a proper way and she dont wanted to continue from wher Res left that movie would made aroun 2001 there was a script but she dont wanted to do becaudlse Eart setting or who knows why...so the only way to follow up is after the Aliens/Alien 3 era which i like but i still like A3 and Res and i dont want to get retconned or multiverse..so what could be the solution makes everyone happy?

Thoughts broken into coherent sentences.

blood.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Oct 17, 2015, 01:06:10 PM
Man, that's another thing that gets me! Lemme tel u wat I hate bout dat bloodinthemud guy... 

lol i no rite! what an ass hole

Back on track though, hopefully the smartguns also make a return, motion trackers, the whole cm deal.

marrerom

That look cant be the one we will se in the movie because it just looks like a home made fan extended Pulse rifle. :) I think as the movie should take place 25-30 years after Aliens than they should upgrade the look of the gun obviously(like Force Awakens will after 32 years after Return of the Jedi), and they not in prepro that much to have a final look prop from the film.Blomkamp just finished the first draft.

For the retcon/not retcon thing i think its very much important for the fans if its always topic, and we all fans knows what happend in A3 and Ressurection no matter how old a fan is and who havent seen the last two i think not a real fan.

I think Blomkamp's film being set between Aliens and Alien3 would be a perfect solution.  This way the Aliens fanboys get to have their dream follow up film to Aliens and it wont affect the continuity of the rest of the series.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 18, 2015, 02:36:22 AM

I think Blomkamp's film being set between Aliens and Alien3 would be a perfect solution.  This way the Aliens fanboys get to have their dream follow up film to Aliens and it wont affect the continuity of the rest of the series.

We're all fanboys here (fangirls too).  I hope you don't mean that term in a disparaging way.

The solution presented above can't work.  The actors are 30 years older.  It would make sense to digitally de-age them for a few scenes, but for a whole movie?  Methinks no.

In addition, fitting a story in between the films would be like trying to milk everything possible out of the Aliens aesthetic with the understanding that the ending of the story is fixed.  The main characters would be doomed.  Aliens fans will be satisfied when the continuity is severed and the story possibilities are open-ended with a new continuity direction created.

hfeldhaus

I think he means doing away with Ripley and Hicks. They really should do something with the back up Marines that were on their way to LV 426. We'll get Colonial Marines and it would be much less messy.

marrerom

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 18, 2015, 03:23:04 AM
We're all fanboys here (fangirls too).  I hope you don't mean that term in a disparaging way.

No I didn't mean it in a negative way.  I just know that Aliens as a film specifically has a very passionate following.

The solution presented above can't work.  The actors are 30 years older.  It would make sense to digitally de-age them for a few scenes, but for a whole movie?  Methinks no.

Why not? The last film I've seen that used that technology was Terminator Genisys. For the scenes that took place in the 80's Arnold looks flawless.  I think that it could and should be done.

In addition, fitting a story in between the films would be like trying to milk everything possible out of the Aliens aesthetic with the understanding that the ending of the story is fixed.  The main characters would be doomed.  Aliens fans will be satisfied when the continuity is severed and the story possibilities are open-ended with a new continuity direction created.

I believe that as long as the story was good it wouldn't matter.  A film set between Aliens and Alien 3 could be a good send off for those characters and fill the void that many Aliens fans have.  Specifically, seeing a return of the militaristic themes that weren't carried over into Alien 3 &4.  This way the fanbase gets their Aliens sequel and also keeps the series continuity intact.

CainsSon

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 18, 2015, 04:12:43 AM

No I didn't mean it in a negative way.  I just know that Aliens as a film specifically has a very passionate following.

Why not? The last film I've seen that used that technology was Terminator Genisys. For the scenes that took place in the 80's Arnold looks flawless.  I think that it could and should be done.

I believe that as long as the story was good it wouldn't matter.  A film set between Aliens and Alien 3 could be a good send off for those characters and fill the void that many Aliens fans have.  Specifically, seeing a return of the militaristic themes that weren't carried over into Alien 3 &4.  This way the fanbase gets their Aliens sequel and also keeps the series continuity intact.
I also think this is a possibility. Where in the end it is up to you to decide whether you want to ignore the age thing and consider this a sequel between aliens and a3 or if you want to consider it a finale and wipe out a3 and 4.
Again, we really dont know enough but we've all seen the concept art. Clearly we are in for some adjustments.

xeno pup

xeno pup

the USCM was ispired by the vietnam war era.... not call of duty. i dotn see why a universe were there were no rail systems and modern attachments would all of a sudden have them.. it doesn't feel or look right. i hope thy dont go hog wild and make everything completely different DONT TOUCH THE MARINES ARMOR AND UNIFORMS!!!! >:(

raymon felch

raymon felch

;D  :)  :)
this is awesome!! i cant what to see this them41a pulse rifles are back!! ;)
thank god i loved the guns in aliens..
i just hope corporal hicks is back to ;D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 18, 2015, 04:12:43 AMWhy not? The last film I've seen that used that technology was Terminator Genisys. For the scenes that took place in the 80's Arnold looks flawless.  I think that it could and should be done.

Prohibitively expensive and time-consuming to do it for an entire movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed