Ridley and co going out of their minds to find a story for Prometheus 2 ??

Started by oduodu, Oct 08, 2015, 07:22:57 AM

Author
Ridley and co going out of their minds to find a story for Prometheus 2 ?? (Read 2,180 times)

oduodu

oduodu

If this has been discussed please delete.

Can anyone perhaps substantiate if this the truth ? I cannot substantiate it but I heard rumors of Ridley and co getting ideas from many writers(or consultants) and going out of their minds to find a story for Prometheus 2.

I just want to know if anyone knows wheter this true or not.

If it is it doesn't bode well.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2013/03/27/fox-still-looking-for-prometheus-2-writer/

QuoteAccording to Bloody-Disgusting, Twentieth Century Fox is allegedly having some trouble to find a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw in Prometheus 2 and are taking pitches from any writers. Additionally, Badassdigest reports:

"Fox has been taking many, many meetings with screenwriters (...) screenwriters have been pretty much bringing in their own pitches, not working within an established frame."

It has been known for a while that Prometheus writer, Damon Lindelof, won't be working on the sequel. Most recently John Spaihts has also confirmed that he won't be taking part on Ridley Scotts's upcoming film. Both writers have stated in the past that there was some talk about what subsequent movies would potentially bring if Prometheus was to receive a sequel.

oduodu

oduodu

Corporal hicks

Thanks

The comments are closed.

I just wanted to ask if this means that Ridley heeded advice and did do something about the script so that what happened in script of prometheus won't happen in alien paradise lost ??

Meaning to say that the story will be better thought out this time ??

Certainly hope so .

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=47908.30

Damn I wish I had read this article a long time ago. It explains a lot. Especially the comments.

Thanks

Form this page:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=47908.120

What the f*** ??

They are going through a lot of writers because they are looking to do the cheapest version. The first movie made some cash but it survived on Ridley coming back home to an Alien movie. After the audience saw the results..... that hype isn't there anymore so pretty sure the studio is being extremely careful this time around.

Well...this automatically gets my vote of confidence.   

I don't know how much cheaper you can get than a non-Hollywood, unpublished screenwriter (Spaihts).  Of course, in that case, it might have actually turned out somewhat okay.  Unfortunately, Lindelof was brought in to screw things up royally (my opinion...save your hate mail).

Now, unless FOX wishes to deny the existence of Prometheus, and start over...we are stuck with the fact that we need a franchise savior to write us out of the existing mess, and deliver a script worthy of the Alien franchise.

End

Is that why they hire a new inexperienced director / screenwriter everytime ?? Just for paying less money ??

This last  article I have linked says it all . I just wish I had read this earlier. Some very good ideas in there - far superior to anything I may have come with.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=47908.165

Quote:

CainsSon
Apr 03, 2013, 07:10:02 PM Q
I just want to add that I think the series is in some serious danger. Not because PROMETHEUS 2 will not happen. Which is what evryone seems to think the major threat is here... But rather because with where PROMETHEUS left off, it is extremely easy for FOX to just make PROMETHEUS 2, a reboot of ALIEN that 'ALSO acts as a SEQUEL'

I'd pretty much rather see anything else than a ship investigating LV223 and taking off with a redesigned alien on board, and that is the easiest route to take. So, here's hoping anyone comes up with, or comes back to write something different.

End

I hope they are not going to do this. Are the travelers another space ship where they are going to do a remake of alien ??

Dear Lord I hope they don't do this.

whiterabbit

Wait, are you guys shitting me? I thought they had the general story panned out already.  :o

Corporal Hicks

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2015, 10:56:21 AM
Wait, are you guys shitting me? I thought they had the general story panned out already.  :o

From around march 2013.

I am just glad it seems that Ridley and co has gone and try to hear from others what to do. 

A lot of very good ideas. I hope they listen.

whiterabbit

Oh man I thought that shit was still on going for a moment. Freaking trolls. :P

Although the writers they did go with aren't the greatest either right?

Corporal Hicks

If the only 2 reported are the only 2 then no...they didn't.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Oct 08, 2015, 08:30:38 AM
They are going through a lot of writers because they are looking to do the cheapest version. The first movie made some cash but it survived on Ridley coming back home to an Alien movie. After the audience saw the results..... that hype isn't there anymore so pretty sure the studio is being extremely careful this time around.

Yeah, the Hype-O-Meter(TM) was off the scale back when Prometheus was first announced and the subsequent build-up thereafter. Just look at the old threads in the Prometheus subforum. People were going crazy. But the general reaction to it's follow-up seem to be generally "meh" outside of these forums.

With sequels the tendency in Hollywood is usually to give it a bigger budget than the first film. It always has to be bigger, better, more epic in order to lure in the audience again according to the suits. Will be interesting to see if Paradise Lost follows this rule of thumb.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2015, 11:31:01 AM
Oh man I thought that shit was still on going for a moment. Freaking trolls. :P

Although the writers they did go with aren't the greatest either right?

Well I hope that they might be great. As long as they heeded advice from the consultants.

CainsSon

I resent my response being included in there, even if I found it to be insightful and though-provoking in another context.

From what I can tell the script is done and has been done and that should hopefully right all the wrongs of Prometheus. Hopefully.

NickisSmart

Can you guys imagine what it would be like to have Prometheus without all the problems that film had? Basically like the Martian except a violent, scary R-rated film? I'd die from joy.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 08, 2015, 08:00:40 PM
I resent my response being included in there, even if I found it to be insightful and though-provoking in another context.

From what I can tell the script is done and has been done and that should hopefully right all the wrongs of Prometheus. Hopefully.

Sorry

Would you like me to remove it ??

I quoted it because I feel it might be that that the incoming travelers Ridley spoke about would become infected (on their ship after visiting the juggernaut) and then it becomes like Alien. I hope it doesn't happen. So the post was very relevant.

It was very insightful.

Corporal Hicks

The latest episode of the Perfect Organism Podcast mentioned that Michael Greene had also written the new Blade Runner and that Harrison Ford had said it was the best script he's ever read. I haven't had chance to find the article yet but that's promising for his work on PL.

oduodu

oduodu

He co wrote with someone else but was he the main reason for why the  script was so good ??

Sorry Goddard had nothing to do with Blade runner.

Lost was one of the greatest series of all time or so I heard. If that is the case and that's why fox wanted to include lindelof to rewrite spaihts draft then would you not have to bring some of the other writers like Goddard into the mix ?? If this was the rationale then certainly in the sequel he would have to feature. Maybe that was the idea. Perhaps Goddard simply wasn't available due to The Martian. Maybe someone should write an essay on what made Lost so good. Perhaps that was Fox's thinking all along , that in the sequel goddard or who ever was writing for lost must come in for the sequels.

Perhaps it was the Lindeloff over ambuguity and then Goddard bouncing off him that made it so good.

Who knows.

Corporal hicks

Thanks for sharing about the podcast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed